Psychology of Learning for Instruction

Psychology of Learning for Instruction

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Designed to apply to a wide range of educational practice, from primary school instruction to corporate training, this textbook has been updated for the third edition with new case studies, graphics, and references.
Hardcover, Third Edition, 476 pages
Published August 3rd 2004 by Pearson (first published October 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Psychology of Learning for Instruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychology of Learning for Instruction

Devrim Ozdemir
I read this book during my doctoral program. It was a nice cover of major theories. It is a nice introductory book that can help the students to see the big picture in the field.
Tim Gannon
An exceptional text. The various learning theories are discussed, such as behavioralism, cognitive information processing, meaningful learning, biological bases, and situated cognition. Other chapters examine cognitive and knowledge development, with a review of Piaget and neo-Piaget. Bruner and Vygotsky's work is described. Chapters on motivation and self regulation are also included. The text finishes with Gagne's theory of instruction and Constructivism.

Each chapter is presented in a fashion...more
Mark Weiss
Began a bit rocky, but now I feel like I have become friends with Marcy Driscoll. Each page is like she is talking to me and explaining things so I can understand. In the latter chapters, she is good about relating to earlier chapters and the major topics there. I figured out at the the end, that there was method to her madness, in the order in which she presented the topics. There are a lot of terms I can't remember. But I feel I could re-read this and enjoy it and get a lot more out of it, whi...more
Matthew Fuller
I set out to read this text for a class I'm teaching. Driscoll is clear, conversational, and thorough. My only complaint is that some of the chapters could be reordered...presenting behaviorism, cognitive theories, and constructivist theories a little closer together to discriminate between these important traditions. But, I still love this book.
Angela Benson
Psychology of learning for instruction by Marcy Perkins Driscoll (2005), 3rd ed
Leah
Aug 19, 2011 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: olit
I'm reading this for my adult learner course.
Gina Edwards
Gina Edwards is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Rose Marcells
Rose Marcells marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Rob
Rob is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Rebecca Vallellanes
Rebecca Vallellanes marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Maria Popel
Maria Popel marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Rae
Rae added it
Aug 02, 2014
Kira
Kira added it
Jul 01, 2014
Lena Lewis
Lena Lewis is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Reza
Reza is currently reading it
May 19, 2014
Ashley
Ashley is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2014
Mayra Angeles
Mayra Angeles marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Psychology of Learning for Instruction By Marcy P. Driscoll (2nd, Second Edition) Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology Handbook of Research for Educational Communications and Technology: A Project of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Methods of Research in Sport Sciences: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches Educational Psychology: A Learning Centered Approach to Classroom Practice