Start by marking “The Stuff of Legend, Book 2: The Jungle” as Want to Read:
The Stuff of Legend, Book 2: The Jungle

The Stuff of Legend, Book 2: The Jungle (The Stuff of Legend #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  285 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Unsuccessful in their quest thus far, the band of heroic toys travel farther behind enemy lines in search of their human master. There they uncover the true history of the mysterious closet realm known as the Dark in the bombed out husk of a ruined Zoo. Battle weary and vastly outnumbered by the armies of the cunning Boogeyman, Maxwell the teddy bear and Percy the piggy ba ...more
Published May 17th 2011 by Th3rd World Studios (first published May 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Stuff of Legend, Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stuff of Legend, Book 2

Jonathan
I saw book one in this series when it was first published. It was on display at Borders (I'm only saying this because I really miss Borders. A lot.) and I looked at it but decided to ignore it. Erin Morgenstern (author of The Night Circus, which I loved dearly) mentioned on Twitter that she was reading the series, so I decided to give it a try, too (I'm easily influenced only when it comes to books, I promise).

The premise, that a boy gets kidnapped by the Boogeyman and his toys have to rescue hi
Karissa
I got a copy of this book as a gift for Christmas. I absolutely love this graphic novel series. The drawings are beautiful and the story wonderful.

The faithful toys continue their journey deeper into the Dark, into the Bogeyman's territory, in search of their human master. Battle weary they enter the Jungle only to find that members of their troop are not welcome. Horrible truths are revealed and loyalties are tested.

I am in love with this graphic novel series. The sepia tone drawings are wonder
Scott Lee
Raicht, Smith, and Wilson continue their story of Max, Percy, Quackers, Jester, and co. More backstory is revealed, including that of the knight serving as the general for the Bogeyman, and Maxwell's. The boy finds a companion who seems more bent on "accidentally" getting them both caught then helping with an escape. And by the end of the volume (view spoiler) ...more
Sharon
Further and deeper. How we got here is more fuly explained, and character sympathies do change. And, who is this other kid?
Been impresses with this series so far. On to 3.
Pamela Huxtable
The story gets even darker...

I enjoyed the back stories, the author has given the characters more depth and motivation. The sepia toned art gives the series an older feel.

I am suspicious of the boy's companion...
Steven Raszewski
Finished the second one good graphic novel.
Sarah Hayes
I reviewed the first book of the Stuff of Legend graphic novel series ages ago, always intending to return to this stellar series. That was over a year ago. Whoops? Nevertheless, I have returned to this strange dark world of war and toys, and I find myself loving it even more now than before. If you thought Max and the other toys were in trouble before, you haven't seen anything yet.

You can read my full review of book 2 of THE STUFF OF LEGEND at my review blog, Nagareboshi Reviews: http://nagare
Kathy
The Jungle continues the story of our valiant toys in their attempt to rescue the boy. The characters deepen, and we learn more back story. I also liked the parallel action moving to show us what happened to the boy once he was kidnapped by the Boogeyman. Graphic elements continue strongly with the same style of illustration and same color scheme throughout. No extras like in book one. The story does continue into book three.
Paul
The art of this book is absolutely superb!
And the story is even better!
A fairy tale for the child in every grown up that remembers what it was to be a child. For every grown-up that still lives a part of their life as a child.
The boggeyman is coming to get you... you'd better be on good terms with your toys if you want them to come and rescue you... cause if you're not, chances are, those toys are on the bogeyman's side!
Dan
This series has everything you could possibly want. I don't want to say too much, or drop any spoilers -- suffice it to say that the story only gets better in the second volume, the art continues at the same level of awesome, and The Jester is one bad mother... Why are you still reading this review?! Go get the book!
Cyndi
I just do not possess the vocabulary to praise this series efficiently!
Beautifully told, exquisitely rendered and tightly woven.
Great basic story and plausible encounters/adventures.
Highly recommended!!!
Traci Haley
I really enjoyed the first volume of this, but the second? Kinda meh... I'm really tired of how much complaining the toys do. I don't know that I even care what happens to the boy.
Llewellyn
Beautiful art. Amazing story. Just as good as the first one (in case you're wondering, yes, you should read the first one first!) I HIGHLY recommend this series.
alana (eHawk) rivera
Great continuation of the story here. I again really enjoy the art style in this book, and the breadth of detail in The Dark here is just awesome.
Shaun Brady
Beautiful artwork again and an amazingly thoughtful adventure. It really hits hard on how loss of someone you love can affect the choices you make.
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Continúan las peripecias de los fieles juguetes en el siniestro mundo del Boogieman. Más revelaciones y decisiones que llevan a madurar.
Carl Nelson
Touching, whimsical, heroic, and haunting. One of my favorite graphic novel series, beautiful artwork and epic feel.
Boy Chris
Single issues and collections, I just can't get enough Stuff of Legend, keep up the superb work gentlemen!
Meran
Great art, surprising story, inventive plot. Read it.
Jenn
These are so wonderful. I cannot wait for the next one.
Erica
Did not let me down! Love the illustrations!
Melissa
Innovative nostalgia, beautifully drawn.
Kate
So freakin' good. Can't wait for the next one.
Cristal Bernal
Poor Max. Stupid Percy.
Katey Thompson
Katey Thompson marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Marika
Marika added it
Apr 02, 2015
  • Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, Vol. 1 (Mouse Guard)
  • Wormwood, Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 2: It Only Hurts When I Pee
  • Angel & Faith: What You Want, Not What You Need (Angel & Faith, #5)
  • Fractured Fables
  • The Mice Templar, Vol. 1:  The Prophecy
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 8: Desolation
  • Girl Genius, Vol. 12: Agatha Heterodyne and the Siege of Mechanicsburg (Girl Genius #12)
  • Rachel Rising, Volume 3: Cemetery Songs
  • The Storyteller
  • The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 4: The Four Disciplines
  • Rover Red Charlie
  • Oz: Ozma of Oz (Marvel Classics)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales:  Return to Wonderland
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 8: Orpheus in the Underworld

The Stuff of Legend (4 books)
  • The Stuff of Legend, Book 1: The Dark
  • The Stuff of Legend, Book 3: A Jester's Tale
  • The Stuff of Legend, Book 4: The Toy Collector
The Stuff of Legend, Book 1: The Dark The Stuff of Legend, Book 3: A Jester's Tale The Stuff of Legend, Omnibus One The Stuff of Legend, Book 4: The Toy Collector The Stuff of Legend, Omnibus Two