Start by marking “America's Diplomats: The Road to Attleboro” as Want to Read:
America's Diplomats: The Road to Attleboro

America's Diplomats: The Road to Attleboro

5.0 of 5 stars 5.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
America's Diplomats powerfully portrays the Vietnam conflict's initial phase when patriotism still reigned supreme. All wars spawn simple heroes from youthful naivety as boy-soldiers evolve into weathered combat veterans. Young Jay Sharpe is no exception. Born into a long lineage of patriots, he never questions his generation's call to arms. Filled with wanderlust and rare ...more
Published March 21st 2011 by Createspace (first published March 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about America's Diplomats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Diplomats

Barry Parham
"They were Infantry"

This book, "America's Diplomats," marks my seventh journey with this master story-weaver, author John Huffman, and as with each previous visit, I hated to see the ride come to an end.
On page one, our narrator, Private Jay Sharpe, notes the pilot's announcement. "Good morning, gentlemen, and welcome to Vietnam. The time is 0435 hours, and we've had a change in destination."

And from that defining moment forward, nothing would be the same.

Huffman, who served two tours in Viet
Jeannie Walker
The infantrymen in VietNam not only fought the viet cong, they had to deal with weapons they had to modify themselves or lose their lives. Why? Because the M16 rifle they were equipped with kept jamming. It took an infantryman to solve the problem, which the others adopted quickly.
John, I loved this book, and as always I love the writing. You pour your heart out in writing such a way that it touches each and every one who reads your amazing work.
Jeannie Walker (Award-Winning Author)
I Saw the Lig
D.J. Humphrey
Very realistic, boots on the ground, tension born of the unknown
Deann marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2011
John W. Huffman was born in Hemphill, Texas, attended elementary school in Pineland, Texas, junior high and high school in Jasper, Texas, and graduated summa cum laude from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.

John enlisted in the Army Airborne in 1966 and served two tours of combat duty in Vietnam, the first as a private, and subsequently a sergeant, with Alpha Company, 1/27th Infantry, 25th Infa
More about John W. Huffman...
A Wayward Wind Tiger Woman Above All The Baron of Clayhill Cold Hearts Burning