Sugar and Spice

Sugar and Spice

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Even the primmest Victorian garb cannot mask Gwendolyn's delectable attributes—yet her handsome husband regards her with icy disdain. She has but one chance to save her marriage and avert a future of dashed hopes and despair . . . and it requires a visit to a house where sensuality reigns.

Unable to satisfy the needs of the man she adores, Lillian is devastated when he seek...more
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sugar and Spice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar and Spice

Eastofoz
Sep 11, 2008 Eastofoz rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who like a Victorian erotica anthology
This anthology was really disappointing because the story ideas have so much promise. Set in the Victorian period, married couples visit this house called Sugar and Spice for “adult entertainment purposes” ;)

In the first story the heroine acts out fantasies that she thinks will win back her husband. She dresses up as a mermaid, a pirate, a harem girl etc etc. It’s fun but the heroine is too insecure,sometimes silly and there’s not enough development.

For the second story the heroine revels in be...more
Nikki ♥
A steamy Victorian anthology, where all stories take place at Sugar and Spice Health Spa. Adult couples vacation there and participate in any sexual fantasy they may have.

There are lots of great sex scenes in the book, but I had a hard time liking any of the 3 main female charcters. Not liking them could be because each story was only about 100 pages, which was not enough for character development.

I would have given it more than 3 stars if I had liked any of the characters.
Christina
Cathy
Hmmm ... "What I learned from this book ..."
Well, I wasn't sure how to review it. If I'm comparing it to other books of this type, I guess it was pretty good, but I'm not well read on erotica! :) It was a quick and easy (no pun intended) read, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're looking for some good smut. I actually looked up the origin of some of the sexual words because I didn't think they were around in the Victorian Era, when this book takes place. Well, surprise - they were! The F-wo...more
Donna
The book follows the exploits of three different couples, so the book is split into three different sections. All the couples are having martial issues and look to rekindle the romance at this "spa". The first couple was really sweet and explored their relationship. I didn't care for the second couple. I guess because the husband was a womanizer and even though he reconnected with his wife, I found him to be a bit abusive. She was more property than wife. The third couple's story actually had mo...more
Marjana
The first and third stories were good but the sceond turn me off because the husband been cheating on his wife for 6 years that they have been married and once they start having good sex, all sudden everything is okay with them and the wife trusts her husband to be faithful to her and the husband doesn't want any other women...please like after 6 years of cheating, how can she forgive and forget just because the sex is good?...I don't think so. Besides that, the book is actually really HOT!
Allison
I'll admit it, I found this book hot. I also found it horribly anachronistic with regards to language and inter-personal relationships. Now I'm not an expert, and I'm sure someone who was could show me examples of the contemporary use of each of the terms in question, but it read to me way more as a bunch of modern people dressed up in costume than a group of regency people.
Sharlene
This was the book club choice for December. It's not exactly a book I would select to read on my own - of course that's the beauty of diverse book club members. It was a quick read missing the more complex character development I look for in a book. I think Swann attempted some development with the third couple, but it was too little too late.
Megan
Rated NC-17

Most of the book was really good, but there was one major factor in the last story that messed up my enjoyment of the rest of it. Overall, an interesting, erotic read, but I would recommend skipping or skimming the third woman's story. She has a creepy backstory that comes to light toward the end.
penelopewanders
I think I may have begun reading this when I was here in April... but at anyrate I've finished it now. Novellas which are connected by the characters. Not the best. lets itself be read..
Lindsey
I just couldn't get into these stories. Everyone was so angry and then instead of dealing with issues they used sex to fix it. Just didn't do it for me.
Laurie
I agree with most here that the stories were too simplistic and the characters not unlikable necessary...but nothing that really grabbed me.
Tammy
Very steamy trio of stories. Kink for everyone.
Pauline Km
I liked this and am inspired to read more.
Kylie
Jan 07, 2012 Kylie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy/Romance readers
Fanbloodytastic!
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Belletab
Belletab marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 08, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Helen  McBamf
Helen McBamf marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Diana Olsen
Diana Olsen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Leda Swann is the writing duet of Cathy and Brent. We write out of our home overlooking the sea in peaceful New Zealand. When not writing we have busy lives bringing up four children and enjoying an adventurous outdoor life that ranges from the mountains to the sea.

We often get asked how our name Leda Swann came about. When we decided to write an erotic romance together we wanted a sexy name. We d...more
More about Leda Swann...
The Price of Desire (Avon Red) Mistress Captive (Avon Red) Temptation School For Virgins