Start by marking “The Other Foot (Classics Stories of Ray Bradbury)” as Want to Read:
The Other Foot (Classics Stories of Ray Bradbury)

The Other Foot (Classics Stories of Ray Bradbury)

Creative Education's short story collections are ideal introductions to some of the world's best-known authors. the short, timeless classics of Jack London, Rudyard Kipling, Ray Bradbury, and others are celebrated in these handsome volumes.
Published September 1st 1987 by Creative Education (first published February 1951)

To ask other readers questions about The Other Foot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Foot

Ellen
Dec 18, 2011 Ellen rated it it was amazing
This story is a continuation from one of the stories in The Martian Chronicles where African Americans decide to travel to Mars in order to escape the oppression on Earth. Now that Earth has been destroyed due to the nuclear wars, the people on Earth need a new place to call home, and their only option is Mars. I think Bradbury did a brilliant job in telling this story, and the ending left me pleasantly surprised.
Ruth
Jan 17, 2009 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Shakya Vlad
Jan 30, 2016 Shakya Vlad rated it it was amazing
"What if Mars has been colonized solely by Black people..?"
Nice one.Enjoyed,really.
Nat.
Apr 16, 2015 Nat. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Es una historia que te hace reflexionar bastante
Mark Oppenlander
Another Creative Classics short story. The series overview says that the editors hope to pull short stories from the obscurity of "dark, musty anthologies." As someone who reads anthologies already, it seems like a strange statement. But whatever.

I can't remember if I have read this story in anthology before. It is now interesting mainly as an oddity of time and place. Written in the 60's it deals with African-Americans who have colonized Mars but who come face to face with a white refugee from
Michele Brenton
I read this as part of an anthology rather than a stand alone book. It made me cry and every time I re-read it I cry again. I found it very real and the characters move me so much and yet it has its moments of humour and through it all is a fine understanding of human nature infused with optimism.
Brian
Nov 14, 2012 Brian rated it liked it
Picked this up a long time ago off a used book or free book table. If I'd known it was only 35 pages long I would have read it a long time ago. It was good.
Ron
Dec 31, 2012 Ron rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A very short sci-fi type of story on racism. I'd consider it worth the time it takes to read (about 15 minutes).
Jillian
May 20, 2011 Jillian rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-2011
A bit dated and simplistic, because it's a concept-driven story, but definitely a worthwhile quick read.
Moose
Aug 23, 2012 Moose rated it liked it
A fast read with lovely painted pictures. Gives a look at forgiveness and moving on.
Audrey
Aug 04, 2016 Audrey rated it liked it
Really REALLY weird
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Rachel Racicot
Rachel Racicot marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Ashley Arvidson
Ashley Arvidson marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Darlene Stott
Darlene Stott marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Maria Petersen
Maria Petersen marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Sistar Kenyasue
Sistar Kenyasue marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Laura Buck
Laura Buck rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Jeff Hobbs
Jeff Hobbs marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Tizzy
Tizzy rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Frozen_Impulse
Frozen_Impulse rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Kristal
Kristal rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Dee
Dee rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2016
Sue Bridgwater
Sue Bridgwater marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
heidi brooks
heidi brooks marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
American novelist, short story writer, essayist, playwright, screenwriter and poet, was born August 22, 1920 in Waukegan, Illinois. He graduated from a Los Angeles high school in 1938. Although his formal education ended there, he became a "student of life," selling newspapers on L.A. street corners from 1938 to 1942, spending his nights in the public library and his days at the typewriter. He bec ...more
More about Ray Bradbury...