Start by marking “Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries #13)” as Want to Read:
Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries #13)

Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries #13)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  7 reviews
It’s a red, white, and blue mystery from popular A to Z Mysteries author Ron Roy!

Trapped on the D.C. Train!

In thethirteenth book of the Capital Mysteries—an early chapter book mystery series featuring fun facts and famous sites from Washington, D.C.—KC and Marshall have tickets for the express train out of Union Station. It even has a VIP car at the back for the vice presi
Published May 24th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped on the D.C. Train!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped on the D.C. Train!

Amy
I absolutely love this series! This mystery takes off on a train out of Union Station and moves quickly from there!
Luke Ewell
KC is the step daughter of the President and criminals know that. If she was kidnapped she would be worth a lot of money. She, Marshall and the Vice President are going to her farm. They go to Union Station to go to the farm. No one is supposed to know they are on the train and the vice president is captured. Two secret service agents rescue the kids and vice president from the robbers.
Dolly
Dec 31, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We are really enjoying the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We moved to the Washington DC area last year and love that we are learning more about the various historic locations nearby. Our girls enjoy the exciting plots and I like that they are interested in seeing the places we read about. This is an exciting story about a kidnapping plot on a train and it reminds me that I need to take our girls to Union Station sometime soon.

We are looking forward to the next book,Capital Mysteries #14:
M.
3rd grade mystery, series book. Nice, gentle mystery for young readers. KC and Marshall are traveling by train with the US vice president to visit her farm for the weekend. On the way, some bad guys uncouple the vice president's railroad car and the vice president disappears. Not only that, it appears that the same someones want to kidnap KC. Where is the vice president? Who are the bad guys, and what do they want with KC? What can KC and Marshall do about it all?

With some ingenuity and some luc
Sydney
when KC and Marshall get tickets to ride on the express train they sneak out of the train to go explore without the service agents even knowing and when they figure out that this person is going after them there trapped on the train and now where to run.
Payton
Its how KC and Marshall are going with the vice president to her house and they figure out that someone is trying to capture them.
Sara
i was a little surprised when they where told there was no cute caboose.
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Somaya
Somaya marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Krushna Kadam
Krushna Kadam marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Kendra Harris
Kendra Harris marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Meghan Wilson
Meghan Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Leann J.
Leann J. marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Heidi
Heidi added it
Oct 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)