Start by marking “The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles” as Want to Read:
The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles

The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  888 ratings  ·  51 reviews
THE SUPERNATURAL POWER OF A TRANSFORMED MIND!

You can live a supernatural life. In fact, moving in the spiritual realm should be as routine as prayer, worship and reading Scripture. It is part of what Jesus purchased for us on the Cross!

Healing, deliverance and signs-and-wonders are an inheritance for all followers of Jesus Christ. The Supernatural Power of a Transforme
Published April 4th 2013 by Destiny Image Publishers (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind

Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Purpose Driven Life by Rick WarrenThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Favorite Christian Books
497th out of 1,064 books — 835 voters
Mere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. LewisThe Problem of Pain by C.S. LewisSurprised By Joy by C.S. LewisThe Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
C.S Lewis Non-Fiction Reader
18th out of 22 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
This book is a hard one for me to review. Not because I don't have anything to say. I actually wrote a thirty page critique (what? I'm verbose) of TSPoaTM when I first read it because my church had begun glomming on to Bill Johnson's teachings in a big way, and I thought these new fangled ideas deserved some scrutiny. I didn't give this book one star because it is poorly written and uninteresting. To the contrary, it's an easy read and anything but same old, same old. However, in my opinion, the ...more
Pagika Benjamin
Almost done with this one. The wealth of information found in this book is INSANE! Here you will discover the life the Lord intended for His children to live. I'm savoring this book. Reading it nice and slow.
Pat
Author and pastor Bill Johnson has a strong heritage in the Christian life that powers his desire to encourage others to think outside the box and tap into the power of the Holy Spirit. His book, The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind, addresses the promises God has made to His people and the abilities we as Christian have to perform miracles if only we will trust in those very promises.

He urges us to embrace a new normal in our churches where miracles become a part of everyday life rather
Rick
I can't say that I am any clearer on where I stand on this issue - especially in the realm of healing. I tend to fall on the side of continuationism but struggle with the idea that it is ALWAYS God's will to heal - especially as I am confronted in my own personal experience by the fact that my wife has prayed, and been prayed over, many times over the past 4 years for relief from chronic pain and has not yet been healed. The notion in some charismatic circles that her lack of healing is somehow ...more
Angela Hohn
I took my time to read and digest every word. The teaching is amazing clear, clean,crisp,and to the point. The accounts are Christ centered and mind boggling. No one will be the same after reading this powerful book. It is true to the title. "Transformed Mind". Understand this, you will not get this teaching on a Sunday morning. I am delighted to have been given the honor and opportunity to read and review this book by The Bookclub Network at no cost. My desire is to see every Christian reading ...more
Donna
I began this book wary of what I expected to find. I had read and heard many troubling things from the Bethel Church scene and I desired to hear the movement's teachings about the Holy Spirit's influence on the mind in a book written by Bethel's pastor himself. I found much that I could agree with such as the content of the first few and last couple chapters and was surprised to find that what bothered me most was not extrabiblical, mystical language but rather the outspoken denigration of Calvi ...more
Craig
Apr 10, 2014 Craig rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians
This book will not only rock your boat, it will blow it out of the water. Walking in the miraculous - a life in the supernatural - operating in the spirit realm - experiencing signs-and-wonders, healing, and deliverance; These are all presented in this book as part of the Kingdom of God and part of what should be the normal experience of every Christian. Bill Johnson presents revelatory insights into the plain truth of Scripture and challenges all of us to "come up higher" in our daily experienc ...more
Aaron
It has been said that Bill Johnson's book picks up where Oral Roberts's thirteen-week devotional, "A DAILY GUIDE TO MIRACLES AND SUCCESSFUL LIVING THROUGH SEED-FAITH" left off. I don't know—not read that yet.

"The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind" declares that the Christian's life should be a life which experiences the miraculous and the supernatural in day-to-day life.

The first chapter calls upon Matthew 6:9: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed by Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will b
Trent
I hear much about Bill Johnson and his beliefs are very out there for me. As I travel the world I have seen things that go far beyond what my conservative mind could handle, but out-right healing is something I have yet to see, and I do hope to. I trust God and always ask him to expand my beliefs and if there is the ability to do things that Bill talks about then I know God will let it be known to me. Until then I will continue to walk and trust in Him more each day and ask him for more growth.
Robert
I loved this book.

But why must Queer people and relationships come up negatively in almost every book I've read about healing ministry? God includes us, too, and we are not being disobedient to Scripture. (That is, I realize, going to be a long discussion for most pentecostal folk.)

I am learning what it means to be a son of God because I belong to Jesus. I just wish my testimony wasn't dismissed completely by two sentences buried near the back of the book.
V. Z.
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

From the point of view of a skeptic, this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place on any bookshelf. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Heather Tomlinson

I partly read this as Johnson is criticised by many - but I didn't see what his critics see in this book. I found it interesting and challenging, thinking about why and how we can see miracles today. There are lots of interesting anecdotes.
Susanne
An amazing and timely book, truth worth taking to heart and acting upon. One of the most important realities Bill Johnson addresses is that we inherit territory for free, but must pay a price to develop it. This has been sorely neglected in the Christian community, for centuries on end. Now is the time to change this. The book is not only a wakeup call to our current state of affairs, but gives great direction on what we must do to get on the right track. We don't continually want to have to red ...more
Matt
Excellent! So good. These are the things we should think about! Not all the bad stuff..
God is doing so much good! Let's fill our minds up with that and the word of God.
D Teegan
Okay, so I read the book. I have always believed in miracles. I have been told of miracles performed - my mother once told me she witnessed a miracle of physical healing on someone's leg. And in this book there are plenty of stories relating johnson's firsthand and second-hand encounters with miracles over the last several years/decades. However, little to no substantiation is exhibited.
I wrestle with the "second filling" ideaology - it appears to be a very divisive issue, and it seems more li
Marisa Banas
Dec 18, 2007 Marisa Banas rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: faith people
Put on your seatbelt. After reading through this inspiring book, I find the author, Bill Johnson, to be relational, humble, and confident. It is obvious to many Christians that miracles do happen. Unfortunatly a good percentage of those people probably think that they only occur in places like Africa and South America. As Bill describes his daily life of living under the annointing, promises, and fear of the Lord he humbly addresses his audience to first believe, and then pray.

What an encourage
Lori Weller
This book is inspiratonal. It requires time to really absorb it. But in doing so, you can become a better person if you want to incorporate and believe what the author is explainining in the book. All this requires is a change in the way one thinks and percieves life. There are examples included throughout the book. It was an interesting book. Definitely one for a discussion group.
I received this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.
Brandon Stiver
Great read. Definitely a solid following up to "When Heaven Invades Earth." It is the right theology behind a component of the Christian Life that is often forgotten and underused in American Christianity. This book really inspires me and I am praying that supernatural and miraculous events become a part of my ministry in His Kingdom. I would definitely suggest this book if you want to increase your effectiveness in His Kingdom and be challenged to grow in your personal faith.
Karen
This book spoke volumes to me. I was able to relate to it immediately because this is what I have been called to do; assist in transforming peoples lives – restoration. It also has given me a much broader understanding of the authority I carry over things from which I have been restored. Having limited platform for miracles I was greatly encouraged by this book and all the miracles that he shares.
Shiloh
Sep 21, 2008 Shiloh rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shiloh by: Kate Tracey
Shelves: favorites
Excellent!! I picked up this book not long after Kate recommended it. I am just sorry it took me this long to get to it. It has built magnificently upon all i have been learning about our mind and the power of our thoughts and our faith. The stories are faith building and overall it makes you want to draw deeper into the presence of God.
Mac
This is all about the Holy spirit, and the crazy, radical, powerful and hard to believe transformations that happen as a result of allowing the Spirit to work in our lives. I need to go back and read it again...but it's definitely some powerful stuff.
Kate
Jan 14, 2008 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Kate by: My mom
Awesome and amazing! This book will change the way you think, and if you let it, change the way you live! I highly recommend it to everyone. It's an easy read and it's not too long. I loved it and I'm going to read it again just as soon as I can.
Ian
Loved it!!! TSPoaTM is a brilliant account of what our eyes should be set on. Not about allowing your natural eyes to prevent you from seeing what God is doing. Highly recommendable read. Bill Johnson is a truly inspirational character.
Nuchy
If you're thinking if this book is good enough for your time, don't. It's a great Christian book. I had the courage to pray for a blind man selling candy on the street for God to give him back his sight because of this book.
Taiki Dimas
Truly a great book to stretch the thinking in terms of Supernatural living... The kind of book that really needs to be read a few times and thought through carefully. All in all an enjoyable and thought provoking read!
Angie
Recommended by Deanna Airey on November 12, 2014 on the evening of my first Journey University class "Revolution II". My pastors are Jeb and Deanna Airey from Journey Community Church.
Marsha
Mainly this was talking about having a new thought on an old theme. His concept of how to remove the blinders of religious limitation nd be transformed to make a mark in the world for God.
John L
Aug 29, 2009 John L added it
This book literally changed my life. It awakened me to new realms. Now, healing and other miracles are normal in my life.
Jason
Great follow-up to "When Heaven Invades Earth". Makes you realize how much warfare takes place between your ears.
Sherry Gilmore
This is the first book I read by Bill Johnson and he won me over. I need to read it every year at least! Excellent!
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • Compelled by Love: How to Change the World Through the Simple Power of Love in Action
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
  • The Call
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Secrets of the Secret Place: Keys to Igniting Your Personal Time with God
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • Christ the Healer
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • Spiritual Authority
  • They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons—Your Invisible Enemies
  • Holiness Truth and Presence of
  • Good Morning, Holy Spirit
  • Gods Generals Volume 1: Why They Succeeded and Why Some Fail
Bill Johnson and his wife Brenda (Beni) Johnson are the Senior Pastors of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Johnson is a fifth generation pastor.

Johnson was born in Minnesota in 1951 and became a Christian as a young child. Soon after, Johnson read seven books on prayer, which significantly affected his perspective and subsequent ministry.

Bill Johnson and his wife have three children: Eric, Br
More about Bill Johnson...
When Heaven Invades Earth: A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence Strengthen Yourself in the Lord: How to Release the Hidden Power of God in Your Life Dreaming With God Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heaven's Agenda