Start by marking “Connie Cobbler: Toy Detective” as Want to Read:
Connie Cobbler: Toy Detective

Connie Cobbler: Toy Detective

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Connie Cobbler was a toy who had it all. She was the star of her own television series Connie Cobbler and the Pastry Pals. Her face appeared on t-shirts and she even starred in The Pastry Pals Movie. She was one of the brightest stars of Toy Town.

Then tragedy struck.

Her friend Tiffany Tart accidently disappeared into the Custard River while filming an episode of Connie Cob
Published November 13th 2010 by Doozie Press

To ask other readers questions about Connie Cobbler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connie Cobbler

Lynda
I won this book on GoodReads First Reads. I thought this book was very cute. I am not sure what age it is meant for, but I thought it would be nice for 8-9 years old. It was very cleverly written using favorite toys as the characters. I would recommend this book to any child who enjoys a "who done it" type story.
Cindy C Bennett
Seriously funny. I suggest this book at anyone with any kind of sense of humor - though, if your sense of humor is a little warped, you will like it even better!
Jessica
Have you ever picked up a book, read the first page and found it so enjoyable that you just breezed through? Connie Cobbler: Toy Detective was that book for me. I picked it up, met Connie and fell in love with the toy based world that James Desalvo built for his readers. An hour later I was done with the book, amazed at the ending, and totally in love!

In case you are wondering, yes, the whole cast of characters in this book are indeed toys! After all, Connie is a toy detective. The reader gets t
Chris
Do you remember Strawberry Shortcake? Not the food, the doll/collectible figure. If you don't, here you go. Shortcake and her pals were these charaters; all named after various fruity desserts. They were little figureines, think Smurfs but human and not blue. The selling point was that they smelled of fruit. Strawberry Shortcake smelled of strawberries. I had some. They and my Mr. Men figures got lumped together, so they all started to get this weird, can't place it fruity smell.

Anyway, Shortcak
Grey Liliy
My first impression was Amberville for a younger audience--A classic, old-school detective story staring toys and stuffed animals (though a much lighter story, in all regards).

Doll (in the literal sense) Connie Cobbler, ex-TV Star, runs a detective agency where an easy-case turns into a flash from her past. It's got a good twist at the end, and takes us on a trip with a fun, eccentric cast of characters from A.J. (Action Jim) to the Pastry Pals.

I don't think I realized this was for a younger au
Kristi
Connie Cobbler was a fun, light mystery. Connie is a toy doll. She used to be a celebrity with a tv show; now, she's a private eye, solving mysteries for other toys living in Toy Town. When she takes a case to find a missing dog, Connie has no idea this will take her back to her darkest days on her tv show, when she lost a dear friend in the Custard River. Now someone is after Connie, and she must find out what really happens before she winds up dead.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I picture
Candy
I guess I've read one too many kid detective books lately. I wasn't really expecting much from this one after reading the description. It sounded cute, but not anything to rah rah me. And then I read it.

This is an absolutely delightful well-written children's hard-boiled mystery. Somehow the author has managed to not only give us a good story for adults and children alike, but he also managed to keep the story on pace for both age groups.

I read this myself and when I was done was telling my kids
Connie Cobbler, formerly of the Pastry Pals, is a tough root beer swigging detective. One case brings her back to an older, much more personal case and she must seek some help from some old friends to help her remember what she has tried to forget. Her best friend is an action figure, Action Joe a.k.a. A.J. The captain of the police, Captain Cuddles, is a teddy bear who's not so cuddly. Cobbler also seeks out information from a potentially hostile Debbie Danish, formerly of the Pastry Pals.

Did I
Eric
Moderately cute. A noir detective novel in a world of toys. The writing, though, was just too abrupt and forced. Could have been much better with a thorough rewrite.

Two stars might be a bit harsh, as I didn't dislike it. Two and a half is probably more accurate.
Markus
Cute mystery for kids. It was free on Amazon so I said, "Sure, why not?"
Sasha
Jul 27, 2011 Sasha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WANT A LOT
Angi
Angi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jaleksa
Jaleksa marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Angela Smith
Angela Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Mar 14, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Miss Mary Pennynickle's Tales of Torment for Toddlers Miss Mary Pennynickle's Fairytales of Foreboding Miss Mary Pennynickle's Hellish Horrors of History