Start by marking “Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather” as Want to Read:
Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather

Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?: All About Weather (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The Cat and company travel by hot air balloon up and into various weather phenomena including rain, snow, thunder, tornadoes, and (yikes!) even hurricanes! Along the way they learn about thermometers, anemometers, wind vanes, cloud formations, humidity, fog, smog, weather folklore, and how to stay safe in lightning. Written and illustrated in Seussian style, this a great a ...more
Library Binding, 48 pages
Published May 25th 2004 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today?

Andy Kavanaugh
The title of the book is "Oh Say Can you Say What's The Weather Today?" The author of the book is Tish Rabe and is illustrated by Aristides Ruiz. This book is published by Random house and was copyrighted in 2004. This is a cat in the hat series book by Dr. Seuss.

I really liked this book because it talked about everything weather. It talked about precipitation and it talked about various instruments used to forecast the weather. The Cat in the Hat takes a boy and girl around to various "locatio
Alice
I was looking for a book to do a weather unit for our summer reading program. This book is great with a lot of information that may be too much for our younger group...but still great information done in a rhyming way. I think I will take a bit here and a bit there to make it into what I want.
Maria
This book is a great way to teach weather in a condensed form. It talks about every type of weather. This book could be used for any grade but preferably third or fourth grade.
Dolly
Jan 25, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining and informative book about weather. With a fun, rhyming narrative, classic Dr. Seuss characters, and colorful background scenes of different deserts, it's a good book to read aloud with children.

I love that it shows different facets of weather in a way that is easy to understand, but doesn't really 'dumb it down' for children. There are a lot of weather topics that are discussed in this book and they reinforced what our girls are learning or have learned in school. We en
Erica
I love the whole series of these books. They present wonderful information in a rhyming sort of fashion. These are some of the best kid books out there because they teach them about the natural world, but do it in a fun way...not like a lot of other "non-fiction" kids books which are a little dry.. My three year old loves these! I recommend anyone with little kids get them! I got four, three-packs at Costco for an amazing deal! I think there are currently about 24 books in the series.
Lacey Vertz
We checked this book out from the library but will now be buying it. It's an excellent introduction to the weather for pre-school age children. My daughter is 4.5 and she is at the perfect age for this book. The rhyming is really good and makes the book easy to listen to for my daughter as well as fun to read for me. This book covers a lot of weather types and climates and explains it in easy to understand rhymes. There is also a glossary at the end. Highly recommend!
Kathryn Sublett
This book could be used to help students identify weather in first grade. There might be a corresponding video on PBS as an alternative to having a read aloud. Teachers could get students to make a weather journal for each day. Students will record what they saw before dismissal to ensure that weather changes throughout the day were included in their synopsis.
Rachael
This book is about people going up in a hot air balloon and experience different weather conditions. Along the way, they learn about the importance of weather tools, such as thermometer. I wouls use this book in the class to teach the students the different tools and show how they are important for each weather condition.
Kristin Dalbec
While going on a journey in a hot air balloon, The Cat in the Hat and two children encounter many different kinds of weather. They discuss the weather, why it happens, and safety in dangerous weather in a fun, whimsical way. This is a great book for teaching and learning about weather!
Jasmine
This is a great book to read to students when beginning a new lesson on weather. The book is filled with different topics so you can go over different sections on the book depending on what topic of weather you may be covering! This is an idea book for children.
Amber
Used this book in my 1st grade placement to introduce a lesson about weather.
Its really neat because its a nonfiction, informational, rhyming text.
Includes relevant info-nice vocab.
Discusses why weather is important to us
1st through 3rd grade.
Kara Immel
If you're looking for a great way to understand weather and the most dangerous weather occurrences on Earth, then this is your book.This book is fun and just because it's short doesn't mean the information is limited!
Audrey Harlan
This book is all about weather. Its a fun book to use in the classroom because the illustrations are fun as well as the words. It could be a good introduction to a weather unit.
Dawn
I like how cat explains all kinds of things. I would put this into the weather text set and most likely read this story to whole group followed by an activity.
Alicia
I find it amazing that such an informative book can rhyme. All these "Cat in the Hat Learning Library" books are like this.
Cortney Kittridge
Great book for teaching children about weather! Scientifically accurate while engaging for the younger student.
Bethany
Clever book in classic Dr. Seuess style that can teach a children about weather facts.

Grades: 2-5
Topic: Weather
Eileen
I enjoy reading this to my oldest son. His knowledge about weather has increased a ton.
Stacie Graham
Fun book about weather! I love just absolutely love Dr. Seuss!
Lisa Yi
May 21, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Seu
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Erica
Erica added it
Nov 29, 2014
Megan Frey
Megan Frey marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Mirissa Foust
Mirissa Foust marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • If I Were a Jungle Animal
  • Archaeologists Dig for Clues
  • How a Seed Grows
  • Star Wars ABC
  • From Seed to Pumpkin (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • Mars Needs Moms!
  • Why Do Leaves Change Color?
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • The Cloud Book
  • Come On, Rain!
  • The Lamb and the Butterfly
  • If You Find a Rock
  • The Storm Book
  • Pinkerton, Behave!
There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You! Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go! My, Oh My--A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library: Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)