Start by marking “The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary” as Want to Read:
The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary

The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  625 ratings  ·  20 reviews
A silly book with a serious purpose—to help children recognize, remember, and really enjoy using a basic vocabulary of 1350 words. Written and illustrated by P. D. Eastman—with help from the Cat (Dr. Seuss)—this decades-old dictionary pairs words with pictures that carry their meaning, making it simple enough even for nonreaders to understand. A wacky cast of characters re ...more
Published January 23rd 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1964)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat in the Hat Beginner Book Dictionary

Ryan Fugitt
Eastman, P. D. (Philip D.), & Seuss. (1966). The Cat in the Hat beginner book dictionary in Spanish. United States of America: Beginner Bks.

Citation by: Ryan Fugitt

Type of Reference: Dictionary

Call Number: Ref 463

Content/Scope: A dictionary targeted for students in kindergarten and above. This dictionary is in Spanish and written using the famous Dr. Seuss character The Cat in the Hat.

Accuracy/Authority/Bias: Dr. Seuss is a world famous writer/illustrator and his The Cat in the Hat beginne
Hoang Shin
This is a really fun beginner's dictionary for young readers and writers. It uses classic Dr. Seuss images to give examples of how words can be used in sentences. It also helps that each word has an image to support word comprehension. I would include this in my classroom library as a resource for learning new words.
Rania Ajjan El Hadid
Great book for teaching children new words. Dr. Seuss has a knack for making learning for young children fun.
Kevin Hull
Educational but not all that entertaining.
Samantha
A picture dictionary. Some of the words feature sentences that use the word being defined as a way of further attaching meaning to it, but I don't like it when books use the word being defined in the definition of itself. It's confusing and doesn't achieve its purpose.

While this isn't a book a child would use as a reference source, it can be a useful book for expanding basic vocabulary.
Lisa
I have an old edition of this from childhood, and my 2-year-old now loves it. She likes to read a couple of sections before naptime and bedtime, and enjoys picking out different letters each time. I like the way it is designed with lots of basic early reader words and simple illustrations on each page. I do think that it is really helping her to start to make steps toward reading.
Tayo

Que pasa? Me gusta este libro mucho! Espanol es el idioma del mundo,personas! Tu no piensas que puedo hablar espanol, si? Realmente? Con el libro puedo escribir y solo los personas que hablan espanol van a comprender, estas triste? Entoces... vas a leer el dictionario de Dr.Suess! Adios!
Darren
It's a decent enough first reader dictionary, but the only thing to really set it apart from otherof the same is that it's a Dr.Seuss. The problem is that Seuss didn't draw it, and so for me it's just not worth owning.
Excellent learning guide for young toddlers!
Read my full review at http://www.dreamworldbooks.com/2011/1...
Eileen
I can remember reading this and looking through the pages so many times. I would still recognize many of the pictures!
Kim
Organized by English alphabetically, this dictionary gives an example of the word use in a complete sentence.
Vee
This book is pretty useful and (more importantly fun) for a beginner-intermediate learner.
Joel Manuel
I read this a hundred times when I was a kid, and I'm going to buy a new copy for my son.
Tish
brilliant! This is great for learning words
Tool a Magazine
This book never gets old! 1500 stars.
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
ChongChai
ChongChai marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Sharon L. Sherman
Sharon L. Sherman marked it as to-read
Seav
Seav added it
Seav
Seav added it
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
  • The Cat in the Hat Songbook
  • The Bike Lesson
  • Please Try to Remember the First of Octember!
  • The Little Red Hen Big Book
  • Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!
Philip Dey "Phil" Eastman was an American screenwriter, children's author, and illustrator. As an author, he is known primarily as P. D. Eastman. A protégé of Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss), Eastman wrote many books for children, in his own distinct style under the Dr. Seuss brand of Random House, many of which were in the Beginner Books series.

From 1936 to 1941, Eastman worked at the story departmen
More about P.D. Eastman...
Are You My Mother? Go, Dog. Go! The Best Nest Sam and the Firefly Big Dog...Little Dog