Start by marking “Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island Trilogy” as Want to Read:
Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island Trilogy

Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island Trilogy (Three Sisters Island #1-3)

4.45  ·  Rating Details ·  3,925 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
On an enchanted New England island, settled long ago by witches seeking sanctuary, three women must use their inherited gifts to save their home-and themselves-from an age-old curse, in the powerfully romantic trilogy by the #1 New York Times bestselling author. Dance Upon the Air Heaven and Earth Face the Fire
Published April 1st 2011 by Jove Books (first published 2002)

Bridget
Feb 18, 2011 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Estara
Dec 16, 2012 Estara rated it liked it
Sue
May 31, 2011 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable - a guilty pleasure. Beach/summer reading, without a doubt. I picked up this trilogy as a recommended favorite for people looking for "witchy" reading for the summer. It's very good, and I loved the magic and power aspect of it all. However, it is billed - honestly so - as a romance, and I'd forgotten what reading romance books was like. The sex scenes were provocative and plentiful. If I were 15 years younger, I probably would have really enjoyed them!
Note that I read the Kindle
Sally Peterson-love
I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy. It was a beautiful and magical escape. I didn't want the last book to end. Predictable but lovely nonetheless. It was like watching a beautiful, gentle film - one where you can simply relax, enjoy and not think too much! An easy read.
Samyann
Audible Audiobook. Narrated by Sandra Burr and just under ten hours of listening. Dance Upon the Air is book one in a trilogy, specifically, the Three Sisters Island Trilogy originally released in 2008 and I purchased book one as part of an Audible.com membership deal. The story centers on the spousal abuse of a woman who fakes her own death and escapes to a vacation-type island. She quickly befriends a ‘witch’ who hires her to run a cafè. Our lead character soon discovers she is also a witch an ...more
missEvi [can't commit to a book]
Overall 3*

I love Nora Roberts. She is like comfort food when you want something easy and maybe a little cliche, without the classic chick-lit stupidity. In this case, I started the trilogy with low expectations. I just couldn't picture her writing with a touch of supernatural, but the high ratings convinced me. I am glad, because the magical element is just an aspect of the books, without the classical love potions that you would expect. The romance is sweet without magic being the reason. And m
Holly Senecal
Jan 29, 2016 Holly Senecal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best (or at least my personal favorite!) of all of Nora Roberts books... This trilogy captured my imagination from the very first page and didn't let up until the last page of the last book. When it was over the story still resonated with me and I have re-read it several times since that first discovery. There is a reason that Nora Roberts' Three Sisters Island trilogy is on my favorites shelf!
Joyce
Aug 21, 2010 Joyce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I am not normally a romantic novel reader, this series was more than a little interesting. The lives of three women, descended from three witches many years before, are revealed as they come to grips with who they are. I have also read a few other books by Ms. Roberts and they also were very entertaining.
Maura
Amber
Aug 02, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: compilations
By far my favorite all time ever trilogy!! This is a story I read again back to back and love every minute of it. I borrowed this set of book and still want to buy them for my own collection. This is a must read for all romance readers.
Mgtolley
Oct 02, 2010 Mgtolley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
predictable and shallow. Lacking any real meaningful storyline other than finding true love, the kind where they know immediately upon seeing each other that they are meant to be together--give me a break!
Jenny
Mar 11, 2015 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only like the first book, the one about Nell. I thought Ripley and Mia where immature in regards to relationships with each other and men. These are supposed to be 30 year old women and they acted like they were in high school. They both seemed spoiled and thought very highly of themselves regardless of their "gifts" which had nothing to do with how they treat people. Ripley and Mia just made me not want to finish the series but I had to. Nora Roberts has written much better characters than th ...more
Liz F
Mar 20, 2013 Liz F rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted on Kindles & Wine

We first meet Andi Gordon. She’s just moved to Blackberry Island after being jilted at the altar by her fiancé. After paying all of the bills for the wedding that never happened, she’s purchased one of the historic Three Sisters Queen Anne homes. OK, right there, I already like Andi. A girl who pays for her own wedding? And doesn’t murder someone when the wedding doesn’t happen? She’s a better person than I am! Anyway, unfortunately for Andi, the house has been
Kathleen Wells
I was on vacation recently in Boonsboro, MD, and discovered that it is the home of Nora Roberts - in fact, that she owned the bookstore my granddaughter and I visited. Since I had never read any Nora Roberts, I decided I should buy one of her books! So I bought this one. However, the plot was fairly predictable... abused woman runs from husband, starts new life on an island... but you KNOW he will come for her. Throw in some witchcraft, and it just wasn't my kind of book.
Bridget
Mar 31, 2014 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series! I have read it multiple times and I have gone to my book shelf many times looking for them,.. always forgetting that I forgot them at my mother's in Las Vegas when I moved to NY! Either way they are a great set of books that take you into the lives of 3 women that you become to love and admire and identify with. I highly recommend them and of course I love Nora Roberts too. ;-)
Nidhi Kanojia
Sep 29, 2015 Nidhi Kanojia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this one is my genre... a beautiful three part series that includes magic, fantasy and romance. Each book has a theme- courage, justice and love. Set in a small island called Three Sisters, the three witches have to find themselves in order to stop the curse that was set to destroy the island three hundred years ago. On their way to discovering themselves, they find friendship, true love, self-respect and courage to fight for what is theirs. Three books, three women, three men, four elements ...more
Rachel
Dec 26, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an easy, fulfilling trilogy. Being a fan of the alternative I liked the theme (witches/magic) as well as how the romance and friendship unfolded throughout the books. Not too heavy on the paranormal side, and not too soppy a romance either. Great storyline, and I could really visualize the locations on the island through Roberts' descriptive writing.
Nancy Henry
Oct 20, 2015 Nancy Henry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

I started this trilogy about 12 years ago. I read the first 2 books but couldn't seem to find the third. A great thing about kindle and Amazon is the ability to buy the books as a set. I love Nora Roberts and this trilogy is so good, it makes me want to read her other trilogy.
Debbie
Nov 08, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great series by Nora Roberts. This involves 3 women and 3 men that come together by a 300 year old curse and are ready to fight the fates! Once you start reading the stories it's like a movie and you want to know whats going to happen next with all the characters. They're a great series.
Jan 10, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All three books are a fun, light, enjoyable read - romance, suspense, and some great magical scenes. Classic beach books! I loved the descriptions of the island, definitely made it feel like I was there. These are easy reads with some pretty good characters (loved the paranormal investigator) and three strong women who do what needs to be done to save the day.
Emma Fernandez-Soltane
Cette histoire est l'histoire de trois sœurs liées par la magie, dans chacun des tomes ont découvrent l'histoire d'une des soeurs mais on en apprend un peu plus sur l'histoire de l'île et la magie qui les unies.
Phillipstribe
Mar 15, 2015 Phillipstribe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!!!! Read many many years ago and still thinks it's one of the best trilogies I have read. Nora Roberts brings the characters to life. I hope to get my book club to read this fall.
Karen Seal
Jun 01, 2015 Karen Seal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and Magic

I love Nora Roberts. This was a great trilogy of love,magic and friendship. I will definitely read this again. I love a good fantasy every now and again.
Paula DeJesus
Aug 23, 2014 Paula DeJesus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Series

Favorite Series

I have always loved Nora Roberts books. This is one of my favorite series. Please read if you haven't already.
Judy Boyle
Mar 10, 2014 Judy Boyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Great book

I love Nora Roberts books, she's a great writer and every book is an adventure!!!! She is also very good as J.D. Robb

Natalie Martinez
Witches, an island, and danger....What else could a girl ask for? I loved this book. It not only touched on some issues I felt relevant to society currently, it also involved fantasy elements as well. I found it very rewarding as well as I wished I had a local bookshop like the one they described. La sigh!

Okay I admit to being a big fan girl of romance/fantasy. But I cared about the characters. It took one day to read it. I stayed up past my regular time to read it because I could not put it dow
Sandi Hudson
Sep 15, 2016 Sandi Hudson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read.

She captures your interest from the very beginning. I never want the books to end. My interest never wavered from chapter to chapter.
karen warner
Feb 04, 2016 karen warner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read as always

Hard to put down books. Romance, suspence, and lots of adventure. The story line is brilliant as always from Nora Roberts.
Shawna
Aug 01, 2016 Shawna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon-fae-magic-witch-misc, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, romantic-suspense, contemporary-romance, made-me-cry, author-nora-roberts-jd-robb, hero-im-gaga-over, favorite-romance-series, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-i-wanna-marry, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, chick-lit, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, i-read-library, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, small-town-lovin, culinary-lovin-food-sex-chef-wine, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, psychic-special-abilities-powers, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, star-crossed-lovers, 4-to-5-stars, steam-2-warm, childhood-ties-friends-sweethearts, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, pnr-occult-magic, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, heroine-redhead, pnr-paranormal-romance, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, heroine-miss-independent, pnr-ghosts-spirits, a-all-time-favorite-hero, hh-on-the-run-in-hiding, heroine-free-spirit-quirky, best-friendships, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, heroine-hoyden, villain-uber-bad-nasty, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, loved-you-from-afar-or-for-years, exes-annoying-troublesome-crazy, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hh-professor-scholar-academic, hero-protective, hero-business-owner, hero-sweet, format-source-library, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, hero-richupperclassfamilybackground, hero-in-pursuit, 2016-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2016, hero-smart-brainy-nerd-geektastic
4-4.5 stars - Paranormal Romance Trilogy

Dance Upon the Air 5+ stars
Heaven and Earth 3.5 stars
Face the Fire 4-4.5 stars
DKT
Aug 16, 2015 DKT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Enjoyed it. Book 1 was my favorite ~ Book 2, involved my least favorite of the sisters so I liked it the least. Book 3 picked everything back up again nicely and brought the tale to a nice close.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • J. D. Robb Collection 1: Naked in Death, Glory in Death, Immortal in Death
  • The Perfect Gift (Draycott Abbey, #7)
  • The Witch's Grave (Fever Devilin, #2)
  • Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4)
  • Charlie's Angel (The Cupid Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Nora Roberts
  • Desperado
  • The Perfect Ten
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • Woman's Own
  • The Last Grave (Witch Hunt, #2)
  • Witches' Brew
  • I Try Not to Drive Past Cemeteries (Brianna Sullivan Mysteries, #1)
  • Vampire Assassin League Bundle 4 - Eternity
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Three Sisters Island (3 books)
  • Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1)
  • Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)
  • Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)