Start by marking “Denying Dare (Moon Pack, #4)” as Want to Read:
Denying Dare (Moon Pack, #4)

Denying Dare (Moon Pack #4)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,006 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Weretiger Dare Moon yearns to be with werewolf Steven Dell. But Dell wants one of his own kind. When his best friend Anthony tosses catnip on his clothing, Steven learns that sometimes what you want and what you need are not necessarily the same thing. Especially when mutant werewolves threaten the one thing that has become more important than having a pack of his own... h ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition, 84 pages
Published April 9th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Denying Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denying Dare

Ayanna
COMMAS. GODDAMNIT. PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FUCKING USE COMMAS.

I really, really don't understand the appeal of clawfoot tubs.

And as for tigers purring...
Research led me here:
But apparently tigers can purr on the exhale...

But look:
There's a white tiger @2:20

And a bit of editing would have gone a long way...
Steven jerked away like he’d been struck. “You’re not pack.”
Dare nodded. “I’m not a tiger but Anthony declared me
Mackenzie
And the award for Most Favorite Pairing in Moon Pack goes to...

I'm not going to lie: I'm more of a cat person than a dog person. So when I found out that Denying Dare is going to feature Dare, a tiger shifter, my imaginary cat whiskers tingled in anticipation. And because his designated mate is Steven, Anthony's best friend who appeared in the very first scene of the very first installment, I was mentally purring out of complete and utter joy.

Dare started out as the insecure one in this relation
Kira

I'm giving up on this series. It just seems so rushed and despite having actually read all these books as the new editions, they just aren't good enough for me.

Maybe I just expect more from the books I read, but these aren't my deal. Four books were enough to prove that. I kept going to each with "oh so maybe this one will be better" and they just aren't.

Amanda
3 stars

I like the storyline of this book and the previous three and I'm sure I'll like the next few in the series since I'm an Amber Kell fan, but I have some problems with each book. Each book needs a crap ton of editing. I mean a CRAP TON. There's so many run on sentences, misplaced punctuation. I'm thinking these books were some of her earlier works. Other than the editing issues they're not bad.

Honey
I wasn’t really able to enjoy the development of Dare and Steven’s relationship since it was always at the back of my mind how Steven for months had been screwing around knowing he had a mate and would have carried on doing so if Anthony hadn't intervened. The reason was pretty lame too. He only wanted to mate with a wolf, therefore cats were out of the picture, because he wanted to belong to a pack. And all along all he had to do was petition to become a member of Silver’s. What was supposed to ...more
Sandra
I read the first book in this series, Attracting Anthony, as a freebie and liked it pretty well. Unfortunately some of the negatives from the first book seemed compounded in this one. I'm not sure if that's because $2.99 for 47 pages is kinda pricey to begin with. Or if the addition of the menacing mutant werewolves tried to cram too much in. But the fact of the matter is, I just didn't feel any chemistry between Dare and Steven. I'm all for shifter insta-love, but the emotional transitions from ...more
Veronica /  V
Steven denied Dare as a mate for a few months because Dare is not a werewolf and Steven went out with different guys hopping that a werewolf was his real mate, one day thanks to Anthony intervention he finally pull himself together and claim Dare as his mate.
I think Dare forgave Steven to easily, I would have make Steve crawled and making sweat for much longer before I would forgive him.
Dare, you are a little bit of a wimp sweetheart, you need to grow a pair of balls and put Steve on his place.
Angela W.
This is the fourth book in the series. And though all these stories are fairly short, they are all interlinked and we see the continuing struggle with Silver trying to keep the Anthony under control. I liked how he doused Steven with catnip knowing that Dare would go after him, which could have been dangerous if there were other kitties around. I felt that Steven's story should have been stronger than this I gave this book 2.5 because I liked hearing about they other player's in this series.
Julie Burns
These are so cute, but soooooooo short !!
Dare is so adorable, have watched him from the first book, and couldn't wait to read his story.
Steven on the other hand, I don't think deserved Dare, he knew they were mates, so stayed away from him !!! Luckily Anthony (love this guy) took charge.
And boy did he ..... I haven't laughed so hard for ages, in fact I had to re-read that chapter, one word .... CATNIP :-)
Saving for the next book, I know there are a few out, but I don't mind, I hate
Christy Duke
Funniest beginning ever when Anthony douses Steven in catnip! LOL I laughed a lot. Dare was definitely my favorite in this story and I'm still not so sure that Steven was worthy. But, they were good together and now I have more stories to look forward to, and more mystery about the mutant werewolves.
Karyn
Its an Amber Kell weekend here as i zip through this series. My only problem is i feel like one mate seems to be portrayed in a better light than the other. That and the constant baby references. A whole group of people calling each other baby is just weird.
JenMcJ
Another installment in the series. They are coming out quickly which is good because they are quite short and it would be easy for them to get lost in the shuffle.

I like these books. They are telling an interesting story...but the editing is still terrible.
3.5 overall, liked it better than book three but not sure if it was simply due to the fact I liked Dare better than either of the main characters from the previous book.

I especially like the matchmaking stunt pulled by Anthony! Found the bonding between main characters a bit trite after all the build up from their initial, though brief, introduction in book one. Still they were so likable that I did want to keep reading.

Still while the two main characters were engaging enough found increased di
Lorraine Lesar
This is the fourth book in the series and I have enjoyed them all. Though all these stories are fairly short, they are all interlinked (which I like)and we see the continuing struggle with Silver trying to keep the adorable Anthony under control (no chance!). The rogue werewolves are again a focus in this book and again the author gives us only hints about them and the reader is left in the dark about what they really are and how it happened and my imagination is running into overdrive with diff ...more
Ami
RE-READ NEW VERSION ON 28/11/11

Opinion on new version:

I find that the 4th story of Moon Pack series to be the most appealing. I enjoy the yearning that Dare feels towards Steven since Steven (that idiot werewolf! *grin*) is so determined to have another wolf as a mate, even if he has a feeling that the weretiger is actually his mate all along. I enjoy the hilarity of Anthony's matchmaking action, as he douses Steven with catnips, which makes Dare goes crazy, and pretty much drags Steven
Nile Princess
This series is one that I keep coming back to and everytime I do I remember why I took a break in the first place. I do enjoy it but it's full of everything wrong with this genre. Cringe worthy dialogue, over the top sappiness (for such uber alphas they really do get sickeningly flowery) and an uber alpha who is so whipped it's not even funny...ok, it kind of is. And yet, I keep coming back! There's something about the characters that I love and the stories are funny and lovable in parts. The al ...more
Staceyr
The set up of Dare the weretiger and Steven the werewolf is one of the funnest shotgun hookups I've ever read. A mutual friend sees the need for intervention and neither knows what hit them as Steven is literally dragged to Dare's bed. A fun, fast read with some nice suspense and mystery mixed in. Also enjoyed seeing more of Anthony (the hook-up artist) and Silver.

My only complaint, one word--PROOFREADER--Ms Kell is in serious need of one. The story flows, and I can ignore the many standard for
Melanie~~
This was a solid 3.5-star story. I'm rounding down because I've been rounding up a bit on the previous 3 stories.

I like the world and the overall story arc for the series.

I've prefer if the mates are versatile that we get to see them both topping. It's not likely that we'll be revisiting any of these couples in the bedroom, so I'd like to see the switch dynamic when it's there.

Like I said in a review for a previous book in this series, comfort read. Quick and easy on the angst.

There are a coupl
Sam
I love the weretiger Dare, this is one of the better books in this series so far.
Carrie
Well, so far each short story seems to be more like a chapter of Anthony & Silver's story; all really quick reads & the angst of the books usually seem forced. I think it would actually be better if read all at once, instead of like a serial with each chapter coming out every few months. However, the main plot is interesting, so I keep following it.
I love Dare!!!!! He's so sweet and cute & funny! Steven is an idiot, IMO (really? You'll deny that Dare is your mate because he's not a w
Tam
Dare is a were-tiger who wants Stephen (best friend of Anthony) but Stephen is determined to find a wolf mate and avoids Dare (the bar tender) because he feels some kind of attraction. Anthony steps in with some cat nip and Dare’s tiger goes berserk and literally drags Stephen up to his apartment where Stephen finally admits that Dare is his mate. Stephen and Dare are kidnapped by the mutant wolves and that story progresses. They are rescued of course.
CB
I have read the entire series that is out to date, which is "Attracting Anthony" through "Judging Jager."

It is very entertaining with interesting characters and unique twists in each story. The characters also appear throughout all the stories, which is something I enjoy about reading any series.

I will be waiting for the rest of the series "K" through "Z" to come out!
The further I get into the Moon Pack series, the more I am enjoying them. Dare, the weretiger, and Steven, the wolf, are an interesting pairing. Added into the mix in the world Amber Kell has created are mutant wolves, vampires and a host of other paranormal beings as well as some humans. I am looking forward to the next book to learn what happens next.
Jen Pinto
I know I've already mentioned this, but I'm gonna say it again...EDITING! PROOFREADING! A definite must. In this story names were mixed up...saying Dillon when it was Parker he was talking to...extra words being added...things like that, they detract from the overall enjoyment of the story, but not enough to not read.
Shawnie Nicole
Pretty much didn't know this was book four. LoL oh well i'll get to two & three. I actually really liked this one, it was hilarious in the beginning. Ha! The catnip, I might read that part over. Anyway. It took on a dark little edge after that, but it was still surprisingly light.
Phaney
2012 Re-read:

The first seven books in the series are brief, easy reading, and not always engaging. It’s mostly interesting to watch Anthony’s plot develop throughout the books.
If you can plough through to get to the point where it gets better? Good deal.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is the fourth book in the moon pack series. I didn't feel as connected to Steven and Dare as I did the other characters, but I still enjoyed the story. I also liked that Dare was a tiger shorter. I am looking forward to diving into book 5!
Ilona
This gets my usual complaint of being too short but other than that it gave me exactly what I had hoped for. A continuation of the Moon Pack storyline and a wonderfully sweet romance between Dare and Steven.
Debbie
far too short! would like to see all these books expanded, to develop the characters properly. i know i'm reading them out of order, but it doesnt matter too much x
  • Riley's Regret (Lost Shifters, #11)
  • Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #1)
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Midsummer Curse (Midsummer, #2)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5)
  • Heaven's Hell (Brac Pack, #13)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)