Gangster Government: Barack Obama and the New Washington Thugocracy

Gangster Government: Barack Obama and the New Washington Thugocracy

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  14 reviews

“The Nobel Committee should read Gangster Government before it gives our president another peace prize.”—Ann Coulter, bestselling author and Legal Affairs Correspondent for Human Events

“Somehow Barack Obama has gotten away with pretending to be a good-government guy and a scourge of the special interests. David Freddoso’s Gangster Government is the potent antidote to this

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published March 10th 2011 by Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Sandie
As a former Chicagoan I will admit that Chicago politics have always been considered “gangster” and the result of most elections in that city are usually in question. It’s sort of like the joke, “Is Osama Bin Laden really dead”? He must be, he’s registered to vote in Chicago”.

Jokes aside, GANGSTER GOVERNMENT by David Freddoso is a fascinating, well documented look at the inner workings and tactics employed not only by the current administration but by both Republicans and Democrats over the las...more
Jen
Always has befuddled me since the 2008 election season how a politician from Chicago with a meteoric rise wasn't given more scrutiny, at the very least for his associations with people such as Bill Ayers, Tony Rezco, Rod Blagojevich, Valerie Jarrett, and yes, even current Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Freddoso argues that the "Chicago way" is now the "Washington way" - do good for your friends, do....well, not so good for your non-friends. He illustrates how Obama is indebted to major U.S. unions...more
Kim Heimbuch
Powerful. This book comes clean with the political spew and deceit hidden from most Americans. We need more writers like David Freddoso to speak out against the corruption that has overwhelmed this nation. Out Founding Fathers would be ashamed of how our government has turned out and turned over to the vile creatures we call leaders.
I definitely suggest picking this book up and not putting it done!
Dawn
Another detailed view of the corruption of our government. It explains why GM was bailed out (to save the auto union), and how Chicago politics are alive and kicking in DC. Public virtue? Cannot say when that will return, perhaps a generation from now.
Victoriavanc
I'm glad I read this. It gave me some tangible evidence of what I knew in my gut all along. Having grown up in Chicago in the 50s and 60s, I know all too well what the political aspect of life there was...and is. And now it's in the White House.
Susan
Jul 06, 2012 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every American
An excellent piece of journalistic research, the book introduces us not to just how things are done in Washington DC but some of the background on how the situation has evolved with the current administration, both in their first two years in power and in the time in Chicago. Understanding "the Chicago way" helps the reader see how the natural inclinations of Washington beauracracy to favor big government fit well with the Obama administration's ways of doing things.

Author Freddoso tells the st...more
AmblingBooks
Praise for The Case against Barack Obama: "Freddoso is like a matter-of-fact prosecutor building a solid case against a defendant. The book is a thoroughly researched and footnoted dissection of Obama." � Human Events

Listen to Gangster Government on your iPhone, desktop, or smartphone.
Fredrick Danysh
President Oboma is charged with having the belief that is is above God and the government and violating the US Constitution. His relationships with corrupt politicians and business is exposed. The author states that Oboma has played thw corrupt Chicago political game, rewarding friens and punishing enemies.
Robert T.  Garcia
This was an excellent read. A continue education who this President is from and why he does what he does and the choices he makes. A very spirited page turning books with a lot of facts and details that have been well researched.
May 27, 2011 Jennifer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am just starting this book but it already very good. As a democrat, I feel that Obama has to be one of the worst presidents ever so this is giving an interesting perspective into his presidency...How much of it is true, hard to say but it is interesting so far.
John
Please read this and heed the warnings given. It only confirms what Stanley Kurtz wrote in his very well-researched book "Radical-in-Chief."
Joe Kolega
A neo conservatives' mental illustration and interpretation of the presidents' policies and governing styles in the USA.
Christopher
Good book, but would be a better read for those who are blind to what Obama and his administration are doing.
Laurie
It was okay. A little heavy on facts & I already knew about most things in it. Not terrible though.
Connie
Interesting read, the term "gangster government" was overused.
David Shealor
David Shealor marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Joe Giles
Joe Giles marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Rj
Rj marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Christopher Grear
Christopher Grear marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate Spin Masters: How the Media Ignored the Real News and Helped Reelect Barack Obama