Start by marking “The Fragment of Dreams” as Want to Read:
The Fragment of Dreams

The Fragment of Dreams

Lily has found love and her life should be rosy, but discovering an uncle and cousin she never knew she had could throw her beloved William behind bars and leave Lily on her own with only Otto, the dog, for company in her turmoil.

Lily and William, who discovered love in THE BOOK OF LOVE, are planning their new life together in Rome when Poppy, Lily s big sister, announces
Published May 2011 by Hachette Australia (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Fragment of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fragment of Dreams

Rebecca
Jun 06, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
This was a gorgeous read set across glamorous locations in Sydney, Rome and Naples that I couldn't put down. It had everything: an ethereally beautiful and feisty female lead (who is also an antiquarian book specialist), an enigmatic and darkly handsome Russian art expert, tangled family secrets, attempted murder, a dastardly framing and antiquities theft, the most heavenly sounding home made jams, poems by Pushkin, Rossetti and Baudelaire and a recipe for lemon vanilla marmalade. I just about i ...more
Helene Young
May 01, 2011 Helene Young rated it really liked it
I loved reading more of Lily and William's story in their second book. Ms Fioretti writes a luscious romantic comedy (with plenty of action and suspense) that travels from Sydney to Rome, to Naples and back to Sydney. I end up with a craving for jam whenever I read her books along with the strong urge to pack my bags and head to Italy!
Katherine
Oct 12, 2015 Katherine rated it it was ok
Predictable to the extreme.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
The Book of Love tells the story of Lily, an antiquarian bookshop owner in Sydney and William, who was employed to retrieve a stolen rare book, and their whirlwind romance and adventure across the globe. Now back in Australia preparing to start a life together in Rome, The Fragment of Dreams sees the pair face new obstacles to their relationship involving long lost family, a stolen Italian artifact and an attempted murder charge.
The Fragments of Dreams has a more contemporary feel than The Book
Melania
Jun 29, 2016 Melania rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
PHILLIPA FIORETTI - Vise spulberate

După ce descoperă adevărata dragoste, viața lui Lily ar trebui să fie pictată doar în nuanțe de roz, dar descoperă că un unchi și un verișor de a căror existență nu știa pot să îl arunce în spatele gratiilor pe iubitul ei William, lasand-o pe aceasta doar cu câinele lor, Otto.
Lily și William descoperă iubirea în carte The book of Love, și fac pregătiri pentru o nouă viață împreună în Roma, unde William urmează să înceapă o nouă slujbă când Poppy, sora mai mare
Siegrist
Jul 09, 2011 Siegrist rated it really liked it
Phillipa Fioretti writes exquisitely pretty books. For a start the packaging is lovely - it was lovely to stumble upon the blue flowery "sister" to her earlier "Book of Love" in my local bookshop. The characters are pretty - Lily with her vintage dresses and artisan jams and the settings too - Lily's antiquarian bookshop in Sydney and various settings in Italy. At it's heart though this book was exploring some aspects of the human condition quite honestly especially trust and how difficult it ca ...more
Bg
May 07, 2012 Bg rated it it was amazing
This is the follow up to the book of love. The author has not lost her material. I love the attention to detail in passing. The things you pick up when you are in interesting places even if you are distracted by other duties or pressures. The author takes time to describe the things going on around and in the action. But not too much time. Great sense of balance. Look forward to the next one. I hear there is a third on the way. Bg
Saffron Rose
Mar 23, 2013 Saffron Rose rated it it was amazing
Well the fact that I was up reading it and lost track of time and looked at my watch and said 1.15am says it all - set aside time to read this book as it will draw you in til you lose all track of time.

A wonderfully written book with a storyline that will have you on the edge of your seat throughout.
Thriller, Treasure hunt, Romance with Italian words used in context surrounded by English (so if you're learning Italian it will help with that too as an added bonus).
Emily
Jan 21, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Once again, a charming love story that was light-hearted and beautifully written! My greatest love of this book is the dual-shown positions of both Lily and William; well composed characters and enough drama to have me screaming at the pages! The conflict and misinterpretations really were amazing! Finally, a book that possess drama, travel and a happy ending!!
Polly
Apr 13, 2012 Polly rated it it was amazing
I liked it even better than the first book. Sad when it ended and would like to read more of her books.
Lyndall Cowley
Aug 15, 2012 Lyndall Cowley rated it really liked it
A wonderful sequel to 'The Book of Love'. Heart wrenching moments wondering what will become of William and Lily and the love they share.
Oana
Sep 27, 2015 Oana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prea previzibila pt 5
Jane
Jul 21, 2011 Jane added it
Blah, couldn't follow it or get into it.
Rach
Rach rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Bella
Bella rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2011
Izennah
Izennah rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Georgia
Georgia rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2012
Niki Ross
Niki Ross rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Roxana Idomir
Roxana Idomir rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2011
Gayle Mckinnon
Gayle Mckinnon rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Kellie Schache
Kellie Schache rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2011
Lal
Lal rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Monique
Monique rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2012
Kristen Wilson
Kristen Wilson rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015