Start by marking “The Great American Meat Book (Knopf Cooks American Series)” as Want to Read:
The Great American Meat  Book (Knopf Cooks American Series)

The Great American Meat Book (Knopf Cooks American Series)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
The ultimate meat craver's cookbook--from the star of cable TV's Cookin' USA. In 536 superb recipes, traditional and new, plain and fancy, Ellis shows readers the most satisfying ways to broil, bake, roast, stew, braise, boil, or saute beef, lamb, pork, and veal; how to select various cuts of meat; and how to summon up the richest and subtlest flavors and textures. 40 ...more
Published August 27th 1996 by Knopf

To ask other readers questions about The Great American Meat Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great American Meat Book

Lené Gary
Nov 24, 2009 Lené Gary is currently reading it
This book was given to me as a gift years ago. I'm finally working my way through it, and so far, the basic beef stew rocks! It's probably not a book I would have purchased for myself, but now that I'm cooking from it, I'm happy I have it.

A quote from the back cover: "In spite of the animal-rights activists, healthy hypochondriacs, and vocal vegetarians, we will continue to be a nation of meat eaters."
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2008
tmll
tmll marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2009
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2011
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012