Start by marking “Zenobia: Birth of a Legend (Zenobia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zenobia: Birth of a Legend (Zenobia, #1)

Zenobia: Birth of a Legend (Zenobia #1)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  12 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Young Zenobia dreams of becoming a warrior, a serious problem for a girl born into a male-dominated desert tribe. She has been forced to hide her gender to preserve her life. Her deception is unmasked, leading to an incredible turn of events.
Her wise mother envisions a different life for her daughter – that of a scholar – and takes her to Egypt for an education. Here a co
Hardcover, First Edition, 362 pages
Published June 15th 2011 by Geode Press

To ask other readers questions about Zenobia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zenobia

Joyce
I very much enjoyed this book. I found Zenobia a highly sympathetic character that I wanted to keep reading and finding out more about. I love reading about ancient history, and "Zenobia", by Russ Wallace had me so intrigued with various historical threads that I kept pausing in my reading to zip over to Wikipedia (thank you, iPad!) to read more about the great library at Alexandria (including a list of ancient head librarians and an ancient cataloguing system that was not fully replaced until t ...more
Bethany Swafford
Based on the real life historical figure, this book is the first in the chronicles of the early life of Zenobia. Saved from being killed as a baby for being female by her clever mother, Zenobia’s life is almost too fantastic to be true. She is determined to learn all she can and to train like the men to be as great as she can be. She is a strong girl with enough determination and bravery to match twenty people.

Richly detailed and shining with brilliant research, this is a treasure for anyone who
Julie
Jun 09, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing
I finished the book! I liked the heroine Zenobia and her straight forward ways. She's a joy to watch grown and learn. There are a lot of exciting parts and I don't want to give any of them away. A great story about history and you get plenty of action and adventure. There is budding romances that makes me want to get into book two, which is supposed to come out later this year. The horse race had me holding my breath the whole time. I highly recommend this book for all ages. The character may be ...more
Susan Finan
Susan Finan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Suzy
Suzy is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2016
Beth Miller
Beth Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Yasmine
Yasmine marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Joy Tucker
Joy Tucker marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Peter Keyser
Peter Keyser marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
JenniferB
JenniferB marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Raymond Stone
Raymond Stone marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
AnnieK
AnnieK marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Chérie Patricia
Chérie Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Sean Binkley
Sean Binkley marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Cambrone
Cambrone marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Zenobia Geadah
Zenobia Geadah marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Osama Alhafez
Osama Alhafez marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Rem
Rem marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
E.J. J. Squires
E.J. J. Squires marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Piper
Piper marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Russ Wallace is a long-time student of history and religion. He employs a vivid imagination to fill in the life of Zenobia, a real historical figure and one of the most fascinating women who ever lived. He is working on future Zenobia books.
More about Russ Wallace...

Zenobia (2 books)
  • Zenobia - Challenging a Legend (Zenobia Book Series, #2)