Start by marking “The Man I Should Have Married” as Want to Read:
The Man I Should Have Married

The Man I Should Have Married

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Goodbye downward dog...
When Kennedy's husband, Frank, up and leaves her for his high school ex, a surfer named Sunny, then announces he's going to quit the law firm to teach yoga, Kennedy is finally free to do what she's always wanted to do with her life. Now if she can only figure out what that is. Determined to bring the spirit and independence of her former self to
Published March 1st 2003 by Gallery Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Man I Should Have Married, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man I Should Have Married

Farah
Pria-yang-seharusnya-kugenggamtangannyadankutatapmatanyadenganpenuhcinta.

Pria-pria itu bisa siapa saja, sih.

Mungkin itu hebatnya manusia. Tubuh kita memiliki kemampuan untuk menyembuhkan diri sendiri, sampai satu waktu, kita tidak bisa lagi menyembuhkan luka kita. Kita akhirnya mati.

"duh kebaca nggak yah.. ini buku yang menunggu untuk dibaca aja udah lumayan banyak.." *masih sambil melirik belasan novel yang menumpuk dan menunggu untuk di checkout di kasir*

Yang ada hanya mereka yang kepergianny
Nicole Kuiper
Veel mannen, veel drama en heel voorspelbaar. Eigenlijk is 2 sterren nog te veel.

Kennedy heeft twee dochters van twee verschillende mannen. Ze weet niet zo goed wat ze met haar leven aan moet en lijkt constant op zoek te zijn naar een nieuwe partner. Ze heeft een dochter met Marco maar hem wil ze absoluut niet meer terug. Marco is inmiddels getrouwd met Tina. Daarna heeft ze een dochtertje gekregen met Frank maar van hem gaat ze nu scheiden. Frank heeft een soort van korte midlifecrisis en wil
Veronica Widya
Although this book is fiction, but i feel this book tell the author's experience. this book is full of truth. its telling the facts out there, where not everybody married happily ever after once in a life time. sometimes a few peoples married twice to find the rite one.
i know that we must meet the few wrong ppls before we found the right one, our soulmate. but still, our hope as a woman is just married once in a lifetime.
This book is great, it make us learn things, that we must think thousand ti
Tonya
Here, the man who got away (well the one she left) also thought she was the one who got away, which lead to some poignant moments.

Kennedy's husband had left her for his high school girlfriend. [I got tickled when I learned her husband's name was Frank Burns - pretty apropos.] The day she told him to pretty much quit his mid-life crisis, he challenged her to finally accept that it was over and move on. And that's what she did. Later that day, the old friend, that best friend, the one who was see
hasian_cinduth
Frank, -suami kennedy,- meninggalkan istri dan anak-anaknya untuk Sunny yang merupakan mantan pacarnya di SMA. Frank juga akan meninggalkan pekerjaannya di biro hukum dan akan menjadi pengajar yoga.

Sepeninggalan Frank, Kennedy merasa menjadi orang yang bebas, bebas melakukan apa saja yang diinginkannya. Sayangnya, dia benar-benar tak tau apa yang diinginkannya. Sampai akhirnya di tengah-tengah usahanya untuk menemukan kembali Marco (kekasih di masa lalu yang telah memberinya seorang anak bernama
Julia
Everything I say about how ridiculous this book was should be taken in the context of the fact that I read about 3/4 of it in one sitting. It was entertaining and even oddly soothing during that first go. When I went back to finish it the next day, it was just irritating. So, it gets some points for entertainment, but here were my frustrations.

1. There's no build-up for the Declan plot. They see each other, they have sex, in like the first 20 pages. Tease us a little.
2. But then they go back a
Holli
After her husband, Frank, leaves her for his old high school girlfriend, Kennedy begins to take charge of her life. When her teenage daughter inquires to finding her father, it leads Kennedy down a path to the past, back to her old stomping ground. There, she reconnects with Declan the man that she slept with the night before she agreed to marry Frank. But Declan wasn't the man for her at the time. She had a daughter to think of and Declan wasn't ready for a relationship, much less a marriage an ...more
Roxie
This is the epitome of a mindless, brain-rotting escapist read. I don't really remember a single word of the story, I don't remember much of the plot, and I don't even remember if I really liked it. But considering that I read it during a time of high stress as a way to shut my brain off for a few hours, I guess it did the job.
Yolanda
This book was the journey of a woman who is going through a divorce and trying to decide if she can go back and reclaim what we believe is ours. I enjoyed this book because it wasn't all black and white. There are problems with the relationships we try to have and I hate it when a book tries to make it seem like it is all fairytales and pixeydust when dealing with a serious situation. This was a joy to read. Will attempt to read more by this author.
Palsay
ehm...emang kalo pilihannya Roos paling2 dehh....hehehe.....light, sweet, naughty and impressive story...3,75 stars :D

setelah bingung mencari buku apa yg mau dicuri dari penthouse-nya Roos, akhirnya gw menyerahkan pada tuan rumah untuk memilihkannya.

dan setelah deg2an di beberapa bagian novel *lap keringet*, gw memutuskan bahwa Roos harus bertanggung jawab: cariin gw cowo kaya Declan donng Rooooooossssssssssss....:'( :'(

hahahahaha..=))
Arra Abella
Mar 06, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults, Hopeless romantics
This book made me wonder as well if ever going back is really a bad idea and if really moving forward is the only right choice. Another is that if that situation is really possible. I mean when two people separate and eventually change to be better persons for each other without knowing it and that they will also end up together in the end. Anyway, it was a very good and a heartfelt story. You will really feel the emotions in the story.
Angelic Zaizai

Pembuka bulan Agustus, baca chiklit lagi setelah sekian lama absen
lumayan sih ceritanya, tapi berasa Kennedy ini masih labil gitu hehehe (atau jujur)

tapi bener juga sih, kalo langsung sama Declan, belum tentu juga hubungan mereka akan mulus..
tapi suka deh sama kalimat terakhir di buku ini... "Semuanya karena kau."

Sonia
This would have been 3 stars, but the last page was my favorite. The beginning of the book was fairly explicit, but I didn't think the ending could be any better.
Angie
I liked this book. Simple and sweet. Nothing to deep. And it has a happy ending. But if I remember right, there are a few naughty parts, so beware!
Tiffany Adelina
Awalnya ngebosenin, jadi maleh lanjut baca. Tapi di chapter chapter 20an ceritanya jadi seru.
Andita
This was realistic without being depressing. I enjoyed the read and look forward to the other books by the author.
Tessa
Apr 07, 2013 Tessa added it
Actually the book was quite good. i liked reading it and loved the ending . ...more
Solid, entertaining chick lit. 3.5 stars.
The Gov-ness
in betweener
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Odette Knappers
Odette Knappers marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Caroline G'wattage
Caroline G'wattage marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • Not Quite A Mom
  • Houston, We Have a Problema
  • Suspicious Origin
  • Fiksi Lotus Vol. 1
Pamela Redmond Satran is the author of 20 books, both fiction and non-fiction. Her most recent novel, The Possibility of You, is written as Pamela Redmond and published by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books. A New York Times bestselling humor writer, she has a new humor book, Rabid: Are You Crazy About Your Dog or Just Crazy?, due out from Bloomsbury in September 2012. She is the creator with Li ...more
More about Pamela Redmond Satran...
30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30 The Possibility of You Younger Suburbanistas Babes in Captivity