Start by marking “The Incas: People of the Sun” as Want to Read:
The Incas: People of the Sun

The Incas: People of the Sun

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A narrative history of the great Inca Empire of Peru describes the daily life, innovative agricultural techniques, architectural wonders, metalworking skills, and religious practices of the Incas, as well as the devastating impact of European colonization. Original.
Paperback, Discoveries, 191 pages
Published March 1st 1994 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Incas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Incas

Glenn Robinson
Enjoyable small photo book that gives a brief description of Peru, the Incas, the Nascas and other groups in Peru with emphasis of the time of the Spanish conquest. It is too small of a book to go into great details, but gives wonderful oversight and ends with a section of historic letters from the 1500's up to Hiram Bingham's rediscovery of Manchu Pichu. Excellent photos. 4x6, sp it is a small book, but good for an overview.
Kandise
This unassuming little book turned out to be the best of the Incan history books I borrowed from the library a few weeks ago. A concise & straightforward history with LOTS of art that isn't in the other books, and includes an appendix of long primary source material.
Julie
An informative book about the Inca civilization with a lot of photos; also copies of some source documents. I'm glad I read this before our Peru trip; hubby is reading it also.
Yukari
I've read this book to get the quick idea of the Inca before I visit Peru. The book is very concise and easy to read.

A perfect book for a tourist.
Alesia
Didn't finish it. It's a National Geographic type book rather than academic. I might pick it up again sometime.
Malka
Malka marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Marie-lise
Marie-lise marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Biblioteca Pacillo
Biblioteca Pacillo marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Mike Rhode
Mike Rhode marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Oct 05, 2013
Felix
Felix marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Nbar
Nbar added it
Jul 20, 2013
Phil Baughman
Phil Baughman marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Dee
Dee added it
Jun 24, 2012
Albator78ou84
Albator78ou84 marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2012
The Incas: Empire of Blood and Gold Dell'idolatria: Un'archeologia delle scienze religiose Historia del Nuevo Mundo I: del Descubrimiento a la Conquista. La Experiencia Europea 1492-1550 Buenos Aires (1880-1936): Un mythe de confins Les Ayore Du Chaco Septentrional: Etude Critique a Partir Des Notes de Lucien Sebag