Start by marking “One World Divisible: A Global History Since 1945” as Want to Read:
One World Divisible: A Global History Since 1945

One World Divisible: A Global History Since 1945

Global change has accelerated at an unprecedented pace in the last half-century. The trajectory of change points in different directions, with the world growing at once more interconnected and more fragmented. Commerce and migrations, television and the World Wide Web suggest a story of growing interconnection, while at the same time the proliferation of nation-states and ...more
Published February 17th 2001 by W. W. Norton & Company

To ask other readers questions about One World Divisible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One World Divisible

Tamara
Jan 16, 2016 Tamara rated it liked it
Interesting. I learnt a lot of new things, and read a great deal that I didn't know.
Some chapters I found very hard to follow and understand, perhaps due to my lack of knowledge on some issues. But others were much easier to read.
Only read some chapters as used at university to study history.
Feb 19, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very informative book on events that shaped the world after 1945. It was great for me to learn about things that have happened in the recent history which have helped shape what is going on in the world right now. (Because this book has so many topics--there were certainly some that interested me more then others. Read what you are interested in. . .skip what bores you--but it is certainly worth the effort!)
Jonathan
I decided to add this to my 'ongoing' shelf since it will continue to be a work in progress to get this finished. I'll finish it one day as it's very interesting - and since I own it I can afford to go through it slowly.
Jonathanstray Stray
I've spent years on this book, and although it's a lot to absorb, it's really helped me understand how the world has come to be the way it is today. I'm gonna finish it, I swear.
Danae Lund
Dec 05, 2013 Danae Lund rated it it was amazing
This excellent book explains clearly the historical contexts for many current world events and relationships between countries.
James
Oct 08, 2011 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A monster of a book that has taken me months of enjoyment to get through, I've learnt a lot.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ajay R.
Ajay R. marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Enlightened Ghost
Enlightened Ghost marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Don Tan
Don Tan rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Serena Raza
Serena Raza is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2016
Jackie
Jackie added it
Jun 26, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Muhammad Nouman
Muhammad Nouman marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Lev
Lev is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2016
Kevin Mason
Kevin Mason rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Amez
Amez marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Charlie Wesley
Charlie Wesley marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Janee
Janee marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Jacko Kolevich
Jacko Kolevich rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Duncan
Duncan rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Lachie Conners
Lachie Conners marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Mark Rippy
Mark Rippy rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
a Professor of International History and a Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge. He was awarded a scholarship to study at Dulwich College, then Cambridge and Harvard universities. He has held visiting posts at Harvard, Nebraska and Oklahoma, as well as at Nihon University in Tokyo and Sciences Po in Paris. He was awarded the Wolfson History Prize, 2004, and elected a Fellow of the British Academy ...more
More about David Reynolds...