Start by marking “Cowboy Rubies” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Rubies

Cowboy Rubies

2.84 of 5 stars 2.84  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews
After years of fighting, a tenuous treaty has been established between the Moon Wolves and the Life Drinkers. Kyle Vanderbelt’s job is to keep the peace—a job that gets much more difficult when Kyle’s fellow agent and former lover is accused of stealing the ancient Moon Rubies that are said to sustain the balance of power between the two peoples.

Kyle sets out to find the
Published April 25th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Rubies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Rubies

Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn HaleMongrel by K.Z. SnowLord of the White Hell by Ginn HaleThe Inventor's Companion by Ariel TachnaLord of the White Hell by Ginn Hale
Gay Steampunk
36th out of 71 books — 128 voters
Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
385th out of 717 books — 3,097 voters

More lists with this book...

Cryselle
There's a lot going on in Cowboy Rubies by Azura Ice and Maria Moonstar: there's Old West, vampires, werewolves, steampunk, ancient prophecies and a quest. There's so much going on that the story struggles to contain all the chunks, and gives a distinct feeling that had it been divided in two and published separately, the results would have been much stronger. The prophesies and quest parts sit very uneasily with the rest.

The world building is fun – why shouldn't the American West be populated w
SueM
Almost 4 stars!This novel looks like it's a start of a series so I'm hopeful that the next one will hit the 4 star mark (assuming there is one, of course).
Cowboy Rubies is a steampunk novel set as a western, that also includes Life Drinkers (vampires) and Moon Wolves (werewolves).

Kyle, a Conclave agent and Life Drinker, is set on the search for the Blood Moon Rubies, believed to be stolen by a fellow agent and former lover, Scott Bashion. Kyle is given a deadline of three days to complete his in
Adara
Ugh. I'm not sure where to begin. Let's start with I don't like the voice used throughout the piece, and thus colored my reaction to much of it. Take that for what it's worth.

The main characters instantly annoyed me with their "I can't like him like that. I need to focus on my quest instead of sex." But of course that proves futile, so that which is supposed to cause some level of angst and sexual tension left me vastly irritated with both characters. It made them both whiny and unlikable. And
D
4.5 by the way. Add a bit of steampunk, sci-fi, prophesyin', robbery, violence, cowboys, vampire/wolf downstairs mix-up, an angsty Moon Wolf, and a Life Drinker with some serious denial = An extremely enjoyable read.

I like the flow of this read for the most part. There were some (not a lot) of areas where it wanted to get 'stuck', but that was so OK. My mood was just right for this book. It is a good thing when one can actually become a part of the story and move through the same places as the
Ariel
I decided to read this book when I was on a hunt for gay steampunk romance novels that weren't incredibly stupid. I was pleasantly surprised with this one!
There were moments when the language took things a little over the top, but over all I enjoyed the characters, and their story.
I wasn't a huge fan of the ending though. I would have prefered them to just keep fighting bad guys together.
Siren's Song

I was so wrapped up in this awesomely fresh story that the steampunk elements only enhanced and intrigued me. The romance between the two heroes progressed naturally and didn't force me into awkward rushed love scenes. I felt like they really were falling in love.
Gwengwel
Good point for being original and the interesting personages.

If the rubies are so precious, why send only one man with it and with a delays of three days?
The guy lose one eye and it's treated as if it was nothing.
No prep, no lube, ouch!
Too much different plot.
Moniqee
Nice story plot but a little dry to my liking. The ending leaves room for sequel(s)
Carrie Jenco
Carrie Jenco marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Dec 06, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Aeren
Aeren marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Penny
Penny added it
Jun 21, 2014
Aydrian
Aydrian marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Denver Cook
Denver Cook marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Sal
Sal marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
also writes under the name F.L. Bicknell, Faith Bicknell-Brown and Molly Diamond

Azura Ice writes several subgenres of romance, which includes, but is not limited to, het, ménage, and m/m. Her stories can be set in contemporary times or even in a far away world or another dimension. Azura's muse leads her by the hand, and her fingers do the light-speed typing.

Who is Azura Ice? She's a full-time aut
More about Azura Ice...
Wrapped Around Your Handlebars Lace, Lightning and Multiple Orgasms Something to Howl About (1Night Stand, #165) Absinthe Forever (The Crimson Bane Battles, #1) Forever Across the Stars