Start by marking “The Secret Keepers” as Want to Read:
The Secret Keepers

The Secret Keepers

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Set in San Francisco's Chinatown before and after 1906, this novel portrays a young Jackson Leong coping with the ghost of his brother who died in the earthquake, as well as the mysterious ghost of a young woman. Jackson must find out the reasons why the ghosts are haunting the world of the living. If he fails, his family will face disgrace and ruin.
Published March 1st 2012 by Tradewind Books

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Keepers

Laura Wright
I liked this book. I'm not a huge fan of super-natural and sci-fi, but this had enough of a plot line to keep me interested. And, it was based in a time period and amongst a culture that I know little about. So, even though I read it as a possible novel to teach to freshmen and sophomores, I learned something. My one observation is that the author gave clues throughout the first 125 pages of the book, but nothing came together until the very end. I don't know if that's necessarily a criticism, b ...more
Valary
Simple language, interesting plot and characters very simply told. San Francisco Quake, Chinatown, ghosts and haunting become a very basic story that has more promise than execution. Simple language and helpful cultural references might make this a great read for English Language Learners.
Rachel Seigel
Despite the unfortunate packaging, this novel actually turned out to be fast-paced and well-written, delving into Chinese culture and superstition at the turn of the 20th century.
Suzan
Great sense of place -San Fran's Chinatown post-1906 earthquake. Ghosts + mystery + historical fiction + bravery.
Xiaolinkkangro
Xiaolinkkangro is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sarah Dahlen
Sarah Dahlen marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Dorcas
Dorcas added it
Aug 16, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Saskateen Library
Saskateen Library marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2011
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 02, 2011
Paul Yee never planned to be an author but got published in 1983 and followed up with over twenty books in his area of obsession: Chinese immigrants to North America. He wrote mostly for young readers, from picture books to Young Adult fiction, as well as histories for everyone. His university degrees in history, plus working as an archivist, plunged him into researching the past. His work has bee ...more
More about Paul Yee...
Money Boy Bone Collector's Son, The Blood and Iron: Building the Railroad, Lee Heen-gwong, British Columbia, 1882 (I Am Canad) Ghost Train Learning to Fly (Orca Soundings)