Start by marking “Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)

Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley #3)

It's always easier to run and hide than to face your problems. So what happens when you get your legs cut out from under you and running is impossible?

Jimmy's been hiding from his troubled past for a long time—in drugs, drink and dangerous sex. It's always been easy to find oblivion in the restraints of men who don't really care who he is or where he's come from. When trag
Published April 4th 2011 by Pride/Total E-bound

To ask other readers questions about Fix This, Sir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix This, Sir

Serena Yates
Jan 16, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a great book. I found it exhausting to read, an amazing roller coaster of emotions. The story had me spellbound, making me feel everything the characters were feeling, but it was extremely rewarding in the end. In many ways I thought it was even darker than the second book in the series, with which I had a real (purely personal) problem; but because this volume deals exclusively with the aftermath of violence, rather than the violence itself, I was able to focus on the psychology of the ...more
A.B. Gayle
Aug 06, 2011 A.B. Gayle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt-romance
This is one of those rare series that gets better as it goes along. While each book is a stand alone, featuring a different couple, characters from the other books play significant roles and even share the point of view perspective.

While ostensibly Dom/sub stories, there is little BDSM play involved. The books are more about the characters forming healthy meaningful relationships as well as falling in love.

In retrospect, the first book in the series "Hotwired Heart" was little more than an intr
C.
I guess what I liked best about this book was the fact it showed another face of BDSM other than whips and chains and scenes. A plus plus for me was also that the author didn't make the Dom a super powerful being that could cure all ailments, and the sub actually went to a professional facility to work his issues before the MCs started their life together instead of receiving the good ol' luv-cure that writers tend to favor. I was actually shocked when I read this part of the story. My only prob ...more
Valentina Heart
Jan 28, 2012 Valentina Heart rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt, glbt-bdsm
Sarah_loves_books
I was eager to read this after Finders, Keepers, which I pretty much loved. Not this one so much. The story was good. I think it was more the writing, especially in the first 60% or so, that made this drag. I also didn't like the writer repeatedly using expressions like the boarder, the trainer, the big sub etc. instead of the characters' names. There's nothing wrong with using characters' names as often as needed.

Hard to explain why, but I got so much more from Finders, Keepers. It had an uplif
Chris
Apr 30, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, bdsm, 2011, ebook
Very good kinky m/m romance about a guy who's not doing so well recovering from a crippling injury on top of numerous other issues. I am so glad that this book was alternating third-person instead of the alternating first-person of the previous book! Made a huge difference for me. And I was a little worried that this book suffered from Omniscient Dom Syndrome, but it turned out ok in the end.
Claudia
Feb 26, 2012 Claudia rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Loved it
Miz Love
Jun 10, 2011 Miz Love rated it it was amazing
For a lot of the book I was sulky toward Jimmy. That’s right, sulky! From the start he was stroppy—and quite rightly so, considering what he’s been through—but I didn’t want him to be, hence the sulks. I knew Cliff wanted the best for him, but Jimmy didn’t—not that he’d admit it anyway—so his angst rubbed me up the wrong way because he seemed so selfish and purposefully angry toward Cliff. Of course he would be, I knew that, understood that, and that’s what made him raising my hackles so interes ...more
Ami
Apr 08, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
Virginia
Geez, this book absolutely ripped my heart out. Follows up with Jimmy after his attack in book 2 as he undergoes therapy and tries to put his life back together. Jimmy has to face a lot of demons which were there well before the attack. He meets Cliff, his physiotherapist, who helps him figure out how to overcome both his physical as well as emotional injuries, not just from the attack but from years prior. Cliff is a dom who sees what Jimmy the sub needs but struggles to do what he must to get ...more
Catherine
*** 4.25 Stars ***

I really enjoyed this one. It didn't have a whole lot of steam for a book centred around a D/s relationship, but that's understandable given the characters and their situations when the book begins. Gotta say, though: Samms totally nailed the catharsis that Jimmy needed to go through before he could move on with Cliff. I was totally invested in these characters and don't feel quite ready to let them go yet; I really hope they'll pop up in the next book in this series.
Carole-Ann
Jun 15, 2011 Carole-Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-yummies
This is an even darker story than the first two in the Rainbow Alley series: recounting the relationship between Cliff, a physiotherapist, and Jimmy, a submissive with destructive inclinations.

It is heart-rending in the extreme, learning what Jimmy does and has done in the past; and suffering with Cliff in his attempt to "save" Jimmy.

Characters from the two previous books play important parts in this story, so you need to read them first to understand their relationships with Cliff and Jimmy.

The
pbj
Jul 24, 2011 pbj rated it really liked it
The best one yet!

These are getting better and better. It doesn't hurt that the world-building has already been done in the previous two books - and I don't recommend reading this as a stand-alone even though you could.
The alternating perspective still bugs me, but third-person is less annoying than first-person so I'd call that a big step forward.
This book takes it's sweet time getting our heroes together and it's all the better for it. I can't wait for the next one.
Stefanie139
Jun 11, 2012 Stefanie139 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: bdsm, more than romance, dealing with abuse
Shelves: mm-bdsm, m-m-h-c
The best of the series. While reading Finders, Keepers I hoped for Jimmy to be the MC in the next book, and here he is. I really liked the story, the characters and their development, and the setting. The resolution of their complicated relationship was realistic (well, as realistic as you can get if you want HEA) and thoughtful.
Ayanna
Sep 18, 2012 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Actually, while I did give up on this one also, it was definitely a better read than the first couple.
There was more development and the characterization made more sense.
Still, it was...incongruous? I'm not entirely certain how to describe it. Whatever it was, it got to a point where I just wasn't interested in finding out more about Jimmy and Cliff anymore...
Meggie
Apr 15, 2011 Meggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
Wow, this slow building of relationship was awesome. I really loved both, Cliff and Jimmy. Their path was hard and emotionally full of barriers and emotional demons. Really well written story with pulling plot, I enjoyed it a lot. I definitely recommend this story. Well done, thanks!
Shae Connor
Dec 27, 2011 Shae Connor rated it really liked it
I didn't know when I started reading that this was the third in a series, but it stood alone very well, which is (IMO) one of the toughest parts of writing a series like this. :)
Jambrea Jones
Jul 11, 2011 Jambrea Jones rated it it was amazing
I truly loved Jimmy. I did from the first time he showed up and was happy to see inside him and totally want more.
Lily
Even though I haven't read the first two books in this series I really enjoyed this one. Loved both main characters and their slowly developing relationship was well done.
Lippy
Lippy rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Enny
Enny rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
T.A. Webb
T.A. Webb rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2011
Jenni
Jenni rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2012
Karin Wollina
Karin Wollina rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Mel Bradley
Mel Bradley rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • I Am the Highway
  • Gathering Storm
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1, Russian Bear, #2)
  • Forged (Hammer, #8)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Obedience Training (Ian McAllistor #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Masked Submission
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Creation's Control (Creations #2)
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Be My Boy
  • SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class, #2)
  • A Man, a Jersey, and a Tight End (Goldilocks #2)
With most of the hours in the day taken up by a part time job and the full time occupation of raising and schooling two kids, writing is somewhat of an indulgence, but it's the indulgences that keep us sane, right? When not otherwise occupied, like most writers, reading is my relaxation method of choice, and you can find my reviews at Kuriousity.com and Dark Diva Reviews to let you know what I lik ...more
More about Jaime Samms...

Tales from Rainbow Alley (5 books)
  • Hotwired Heart (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #1)
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • Face To Face (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #4)
  • Neat Trick (Tales From Rainbow Alley, #5)