Start by marking “The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1)

The Siren (The Original Sinners #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  16,094 ratings  ·  2,419 reviews
Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she's sure it'll be her breakout book... if it ever sees the light of day.

Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle t
Published July 24th 2012 by Mira (first published May 1st 2012)

Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

Romance is sex plus love.
Erotica is sex plus fear.

WOW!!! So, I finally worked up the courage to read this book that I have literally owned since mid-2012. I’ve been equally curious about and yet kinda scared to read it this whole time, unsure if it was something I'd like… but I’m honestly so glad that I read it because OMG… it was GOOD!!! The writing was amazing! The story though was very, verrryyy different than a lot of what I read. It's an erotic BDSM worl
~ Becs ~

5 deliciously dark stars

This is not a romance novel……

This is not even your garden variety erotica. What it is, is a deep exploration of the emotions and sexuality of two people who have broken up from the apparent loves of their lives.

I found the style of writing very atmospheric. I felt like I had stepped into an alternate reality where the real world was just a hand’s reach away but separated from me by thick bank of fog. There’s an insular almost echoey quality to it. The world around me fad
Courtney Milan
I just want to make things clear right off the bat.

This is not a traditional romance, and most people would probably say that this is not a romance at all. There is so much in this book that just blows past my comfort zones. If I were grading this book based on how comfortable it made me feel, it would probably be right around zero stars. There's no way to talk about this without including spoilers, so I'm going to spoiler tag liberally.

I am recommending this book, but I should be very, very cle
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This is one of the most evocative books I have ever read. It sheds a whole new light on erotic romance, a genre I already liked but now am really looking forward to reading. Erotic Romance authors beware, there's a new author in town.

Bloody hell. I cried....I cried!

I must be the only person who shed tears, not once, but a few times while reading The Siren. What is wrong with me?? The only possibility I could come up for the tears was even though this book doesn't have the happily ever after/fl
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 4 "jeg elsker dig" STARS **

”If you come back to me,” he said, “will you run or will you crawl?”

“I'll fly.”

I deserve a good spanking for keeping this book on my TBR list for this long.

( Don’t be an idiot like me. Drop everything else you’re reading and start this. If you feel like a good spanking is just what you need…well, in that case, carry on my dear! ヽ(^o^)ノ )

It’s a weird feeling, reading this book.

It’s like you lose all your ties with the real world going on around you and step
Jasmine
10 I'M IN THE EIGHTH CIRCLE HEAVEN STARS!!!!

I'm gonna skip the usual pleasantries or my little doodles because this book deserves a one of a kind review from me. An attempt to write a proper coherent one would be a 10-pages review on how much I want to make babies with this book and everyone in it. And let's face it, no one wants to read that unless it's written by Nora Sutherlin or Tiffany Reisz.

This book, this series and all that is Tiffany Reisz; it deserves a class on its own. It deserves
Mo

FIVE SINFUL STARS

I am not sure what constitutes a SPOILER in a review. I don’t think I have included any in this but if you haven’t read the book, maybe you want to avoid this review. If any of you who do read the REVIEW think there is anything SPOILERISH here can you let me know as I usually try to write my reviews SPOILER FREE.

I sort of had high expectations going into this book when I saw all the five star reviews. I avoided reading them. I have been burned before with my high expectations so
Amy (Foxy)
**PRICE DROP**
75% off - $1.99-> http://amzn.to/1zwNv2a

11/5/2014

Wow! I don't even know where to beginning. I just finished and I feel like this->

description

This book was NOTHING like I expected. I had no idea where the story was taking me and when I got to the end I sat there dumbfounded. I wanted to yell-

description

The author's writing skills are amazing. The writing was intellectual and the characters were so intriguing.

SERIES:
The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1) by Tiffany Reisz The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2) by Tiffany Reisz The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3) by Tiffany Reisz The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4) by Tiffany Reisz
Must be read in order. Big cliffhanger in book 3. Series is complete.

85th boo
Supreet *The Cupcake Queen*
4 "The Eighth Circle" Stars!

I have never had a literary orgasm before...

It's freaking awesome by the way.

To all the ladies out there, I COMPLETELY understand all the name tags inspired by THE ONE AND ONLY SØREN, the priest who might just turn me into a catholic. I will do anything for him...ANYTHING...

Why the hell did I wait so long to read this book and to think, I wanted to skip this series and directly dive into the White Years series...I am disgusted with myself..

So this is not going to b
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
"Writing erotica is like fucking someone for the first time.You aren't sure exactly what he wants yet so you try to give him everything he could possibly want.Everything and enything..."

Nora is a successful erotica writer..She has been picked up by Royal House Publishing for her next book..She needs guidance along the way and she wants nothing but the best editor..Zach.He agrees to edit the book with one condition that she re-writes the book.She has six weeks to turn out the book.This book is de
Debra
"If you come back to me," he said, "will you run or will you crawl?"

"I'll fly..."

This is not a romance book...

It is, however, a story about love, friendship, faith and about discovering all your darkest, deepest desires and learning how to deal with them.

When I started reading The Siren, I didn't really have any expectations about how the story would develop or where it all led up to. But after a while, I found myself being more and more enthralled by the storyline and its many different,
Anachronist
Synopsis:
New York. Nora Sutherlin, a successful erotica writer, is trying to sell her latest novel to a respectable publishing house. She thinks it is her best and the most personal book so far and she hopes it will establish her position as a serious, professional writer. The publishers are willing to buy it, and pay her a six-number advance fee, but under one condition: she will revise it with their editor. Nora agrees; in fact she wants the best editor they have because this time she wants to
Karla
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

5 Head Spinning Stars!! Although some of the subject matter in this book was not always comfortable to read about, I was ENTHRALLED and had to keep reading. A book that does that is worth 5 STARS from me and then some!!

si•ren: a seductively beautiful or charming woman, especially one who beguiles men, aka Nora Sutherlin.

I honestly don’t even know where to begin with this book, nor how to write a review that gives The Siren and Tiffany Reisz the proper adula
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Rating : 3.5 ‘Don’t judge a book by its mother. Just read.’ Stars

description

My Views : First wring a book about an author is something that I haven’t read before, to see all the trouble that they have to take phew description ….The first half of the book wasn’t much and to be honest I was getting pretty bored but the next half was quite entertaining. I was Not captivated or enthralled by this one and I must say that I’m quite disappointed as I’ve heard great things about this series. description

Both Zach and Nora lived differen
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
4.5--Romance is sex plus love--Erotica is sex plus fear--Stars!!!

First and foremost, I have absolutely no idea how to review this book. None. Zero. Zilch.

I went in to it having absolutely no idea what to expect and I think that's the best way to do it. Just go in blind. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

My random thoughts on the book.....

Nora:

She was fun. She was sexy. She was funny. She was dangerous. She was bold. She was brilliant.

Wesley:

Wesley was

He was so sweet. And pure. I really loved the d
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

My Nora

My Soren

My Wes

“Romance is sex plus love. Erotica is sex plus fear."... and terrified I was! It is not a pretty story. It's a very complicated almost real life story. There are no obstacles of boulder size, there are Mount Everest size obstacles that ALL characters in this book face.

I loved the story within the story that somewhat loosely paralleled the lives of the main characters. Nora lives and solves her life conundrums through writing. It is her therapy and she is her own
Sandyღ

“4.25 THE BOMB stars”
Firstly I want to thank my lovely buddies Eda and Jasmine for being there for me in every stage of this crazy journey!

There are many awesome review’s out there which speaks the beauty of this story! Well, I’m going to use lot of Gif’s and quotes to express my emotions. It might contain spoilers so BEWARE!! Also my apologies in advance, since this is going to be a longer one!

Before I say anything let me take a moment to
description
Yes! I totally deserve it for not picking this holy book
ღFloღ the coffee addict
6 welcome to the 8th circle STARS

“A love story is not the same as a romance novel. A romance novel is the story of two people falling in love against their will. This is a story of two people who leave each other against their will. It starts to end the minute they meet.”

**Buddy-Re-Read December 2014 with my girls Jasmine, Eda and Supreet. I updated my review with pretty pictures, tweaked it a little here and there (added a book summary and a few comments etc.), but I don't really have anyth
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jun 05, 2012 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Kay
Adult review for very dark/somewhat taboo erotic content.

"Verbal abuse? Zach, where I come from 'slut' is a term of endearment. Want to see where I come from?"

"No."

And so begins our tale of an erotica writer and her editor...or does it? You might want to throw out your preconceived notions of what to expect with this book because it's doubtful that any of your expectations will be met.

The Players in our twisted game :

Nora - She has three men by the balls, yet somehow can't seem to keep a
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
EDIT 12/28/13 from the Mistress herself: "Also in 2014, the first four books of The Original Sinners are being released with new covers with bonus short stories at the end. You'll finally be able to own "Gauze," "Griffin in Wonderland," "Midnight Mass," and "A Beautiful Thing" in print."

10 BRILLIANT, MINDBLOWING, ONE-OF-MY-FAVORITES, MUST-READ STARS!! 10! 10 stars!! Never before have I given 10! 10 FUCKING stars!!!

Breathes in. Breathes out. Breathes in. Breathes out. Counts to ten....

Oh.

My.

GOD.

F
Beverly
5 Lesbi-Honest Stars…because lets face it I would totally go there for Nora

Wow…I am still trying to process this amazing story.

Nora doesn’t just write erotica or perform as a dominatrix - she is a dominatrix. It is more than job or something she does for fun, it’s who she is. Nora is one of the best heroines I have ever read. I love her!

She is so many things and contradictions, and I absolutely adore her.

Nora has a lot sexy men in her life, and they all want different things from her. As the
Searock
Reread for the Menage a' Read on the Sinners & Sirens- A Tiffany Riesz Fan Club event that started here:

Oh my goodness... it was even better the second time around.

Original review:
Stunning.
One of the best novels I have ever read.
Not a single formula to be found.
The writing was intelligent without a hint of pretension.
I was impressed with the author's fearless display of the sacred and profane together. She wove in the paradoxes and dilemmas so deftl
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
After finishing 13 hours of audiobook, I feel a strange sense of loss now that I'm done with this book. "The Siren" crushed and destroyed all of my expectations. It was nothing like I had anticipated.

It is NOT:

Erotica
A traditional romance novel
Cliche-ridden

Let me break it down for you. This book is Tiffany Reisz writing a novel about an author writing an erotic novel. Confused yet? I was. I was expecting a down and dirty explicit BDSM erotic romance. That is not at all what I got. Though the co
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
“Romance is sex plus love.
Erotica is sex plus fear."

Nora is crazy. Period.
But I'd probably go lesbian for her if she were real...

“I’m your intern. This counts as sexual harassment.”
“Being sexually harassed is in your job description, remember?”

The one liners are so perfectly places, its like you are into something so intense, and then BAM! You are giggling because something so witty and random pops up.
Tiffany Reisz's work is SHEER BRILLIANT!
She is my favorite author for a reason, for creating
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
This is a story like NO other.

It is a reminder that LOVE comes in many different forms, not always conventional and not always easy to understand..... but LOVE nevertheless.

photo image_zps85410576.jpg

This is not an erotic romance novel....it's an intensely beautiful and thought provoking story about LOVE.

It will mess with your mind and tear at your heart. It will have you questioning everything you ever thought you knew about love and it will leave you wanting and needing MORE.

photo image_zpsd945f4f6.jpg

Never has a story more clearly reminded me
Jane Stewart
2 stars. I want emotional connections. This is more about observing the odd.

STORY BRIEF:
Nora was with Soren for 13 years. He tied her, beat her, and left bruises and blood during sex. She likes rough sex. She still loves him, but she left him 5 years ago. To support her herself, she became a Dominatrix at the local S&M club. She ties and beats clients. She has sex with female clients but not male clients.

Nora published several erotic novels. Now she wants to write a higher quality book and
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

So far, I have read 123 books this year, but THE SIREN has to be my favorite.

But before I tell you why I loved it, I need to say a few things first. I feel like I have to warn people about this book because having preconceived notions about it will definitely make or break it.

This isn’t a romance novel. There is no happy ending. Don’t expect one. There is no wooing. There is sex, yes , but maybe not the kind you are used to reading about.

THE SIREN deals with S&M. T
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Where to even start with this book... The writing itself is some of the absolute best you will come across. So why not 5 stars? I have a feeling the next books are going to be even better than this one so I am giving myself some room to work.

photo Moldiv_1387413315780_zpsgmnfz4sz.jpg

This wasn't a romance per se. It wasn't an erotica. It was more of a book explaining erotica.

photo Moldiv_1387423066033_zpsck4tafin.jpg

Nora is an erotica writer. She is also a very popular Domme. She is writing a book that means something to her and she wants the absolute best editor. Enter Zach.
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

"Writing erotica is like fucking someone for the first time. You aren't sure exactly what he wants yet so you try to give him everything he could possibly want. Everything and anything...You hit every nerve and eventually you'll hit the nerve. Have I hit any nerves yet?"

This is NOT a romance novel. It is NOT sunshine and rainbows, pretty and light, sweet and romantic.

It's dark, painful, erotic, beautifully sadistic, captivating, and unlike anything I've read before.

I'll start by saying that
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "Sinfully Amazing" Stars
I read this book and was completely blown away. It took my mind several days to process these astonishing and astounding characters. I was horrified, shocked, intrigued, mystified, deceived, beguiled, entranced, aroused, blown-away, surprised and totally hooked. My emotions were all over the place. The more I read, the more I slightly understood, but there was still so much that I didn't understand, parts to the puzzle that were missing, I needed more of the story and t
Michael *SPOILERS* 8 90 May 14, 2015 11:02AM
Sinners & Sir...: The 100 Things I Love About Søren 75 134 Apr 17, 2015 05:54AM
BR Lian92 and Jie Kitten 6 21 Dec 27, 2014 09:33PM
BR The Original Sinners - The Awesome 4 :D 6 25 Dec 13, 2014 05:54AM
a general thought . 2 45 Nov 04, 2014 12:27PM
Romance Lovers fo...: The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reisz (Start: September 17, 2014) 51 25 Sep 21, 2014 09:08PM
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Finding Eden (Eden, #2)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1)
  • Hurt
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Red
  • Blind Obsession
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Beyond Pain (Beyond, #3)
Tiffany Reisz lives in Portland, Oregon with her boyfriend (a reformed book reviewer) and two cats (one good, one evil). She graduated with a B.A. in English from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky and is making both her parents and her professors proud by writing BDSM erotica under her real name.

When not under arrest, Tiffany enjoys Latin Dance, Latin Men, and Latin Verbs. She dropped out of a
More about Tiffany Reisz...

The Original Sinners (8 books)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • The Saint (The Original Sinners: White Years, #1)
  • The King (The Original Sinners: White Years, #2)
  • The Virgin (The Original Sinners: White Years, #3)
  • The Queen (The Original Sinners: White Years, #4)
The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2) The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3) The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4) Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5) The Saint (The Original Sinners: White Years, #1)

“There are only two reasons why you leave someone you're still in love with - either it's the right thing to do, or it's the only thing to do.” 316 likes
“God, I love a man with a big vocabulary.” 230 likes