The Heart Denied

The Heart Denied

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In 1728, THORNE NEVILLE leaves Oxford University and one devastated courtesan to take his deceased father's title, occupation, estate and advice--that being to marry the Viscount Radleigh's convent-schooled daughter, and thus spare himself the potential heartache of a love match. Having watched his father grieve away eighteen years for his dead mother, Thorne grimly unders...more
Published February 9th 2011 by Hydra Publications (first published November 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Heart Denied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart Denied

Pixie
First of all, thank you very much to Hydra Publications/GoodReads' Giveaways for the free copy of "The Heart Denied". I received a free copy of the novel, but it does not reflect or influence my opinion of it any way. I always give an honest review. :)

This was a thoroughly enjoyable piece to read, and I found myself glued to the pages. It is historical fiction and romance... humorous sometimes and a bit dark at times. The characters jump from the pages and you're immediately along for the ride f...more
Vicki
This book was written by a friend of my co-worker. Since she lives in Louisville....I wanted to read it plus my friend gave it a glowing review.
I ordered it for my Kindle and REALLY enjoyed it. It was a great book to read and very spicy in parts. I found myself laughing out loud as I read parts of it.
I would recommend this book....and tell you that I have ordered the next book that she wrote not long ago.....I need to get busy reading it....so Many books...so little time!!
Taylor
This book was such an enjoyable read. I was completely enthralled and literally couldn’t put it down! When I wasn’t reading it, I was constantly thinking about it and counting the time until I could pick it up again and continue on with the story. It’s a wonderful combination of Historical Fiction and Romance.

The characters have so much life and seem to jump off of the pages, they really draw you into the story from the very beginning. I thought the writing had a very classic feel, and it put me...more
Finitha Jose
This is her first novel and what drew me towards this is her second book 'Heart of the Hunter'. As a reviewer I must confess that I admire its craftsmanship -- nice climax and suspense, poetically justified ending -- but as a simple reader, I can't find that particular attachment to the protagonist. Thorne Neville is good, but he can't just compete with Fianna Morgan. Any way, I was never much a fan of male perspective novels and here it lacks the warmth and approachfulness that is usual to rom...more
Nubia Sanchez
All I could say to this story was pretty good for being a long one though. Here you have a man Thorne, who is simply just gave up love due his father's mourning for his wife. Though he had a a girl who he love throughout his growing up years but he thought she die of a fever. So now at age of 25, he encounters 4 women in his life that prove to be a challenge for him because he can't seem to figure it out who will have his heart. First there is Gwyneth who he marries to under financial circumstan...more
Samantha
Another wonderful read!
At first I thought boy is this book long. Then by the end I thought boy am I glad it was!
I really like how she Linda wrote each individual.I remeber reading a certain part wondering how could some one be so horribly judgemental. And the way she wrote the ending was well deserved, sweet and perfectly imperfect!
Patricia
Wonderful book! One of the best i've read in awhile. This book draws you right in the minute you start it, not one of those books that take 3 chapters to even get into. I'd get irritated when I'd have to put the book down to go into work. I'd recommend this book to anyway. So much suspense and drama, I wish the book would never end!!!
Leah
Great book! I was riveted from the very beginning. I loved the story and I love the characters.
Nancy

I really enjoyed this book. Having 3 female interests made the plot very interesting and different from other romances I've read. It would have been cool to have expounded on the paranormal bit. I look forward to reading other books from this author.
Deborah
This book completely surprised me. I thought I was in for a tawdry historical romanace (you know for making the time go by quicker on the old eliptical) and was pleasantly surprised by murder, mystery, suspense, intrigue, & yes romance! It was awesome!
Kandi
I enjoyed this book. The plot and storyline was good. It was a bit racy in certain parts but you wouled expect that in a romance book. It was the kind of book that I wanted to look ahead to see how things would turn out.
Karen
Dec 18, 2012 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Good read with surprising twists and turns...and some spice to boot!
Wendy
I just didn't connect with this book. There are great characters and plots, but felt like there was TOO much going on and spent most of the book confused! I couldn't tell one reltionship from another, maybe would have been better if the content was over a few books.
Sherry da Silva
I think that the story could have been tighter. There were so many characters and relationships to keep track of it was distracting. I would have liked to delve deeper into one or two of the stories rather that have 5 that were treated superficially.
Judy Bullard
Did not finish - this was not as "clean" of a romance and I thought!
Linda Mccleskey
Linda Mccleskey marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Brandy
Brandy added it
Jul 18, 2014
Gail
Gail is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
LaJeana
LaJeana marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Lynn Nance
Lynn Nance marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Summer Sartain
Summer Sartain marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Teresa Lam
Teresa Lam marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
book trailer for The Heart Denied 1 5 Apr 09, 2011 02:05PM
Raised and still living in Louisville, KY, I'm fortunate to have a mom who loves books and read to me when I was a child (I especially remember The Velveteen Rabbit, Grimm's Fairy Tales, Andersen's Fairy Tales, and The Wreck of the Hesperus), and who enrolled me in The Great Books Program at my Parochial school. From there my favorite authors became the Bronte sisters, Charles Dickens, and Sir Art...more
More about Linda Anne Wulf...
Heart of the Hunter