Start by marking “My Angels Wear Fur” as Want to Read:
My Angels Wear Fur

My Angels Wear Fur

"Over the years, animal rescue and adoption have transformed my life
over and over and over," says author Devon O'Day. In My Angels Wear Fur,
her first collection of stories that chronicle the many animals she has rescued,
Devon O'Day tells readers about:

Tennessee Tess: A stray dog delivered to her front door by a man working on a
construction crew in the neighborhood and who
Published October 7th 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Angels Wear Fur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Angels Wear Fur

Sep 28, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Before I say anything else, I must comment Day on her big, squishy heart. She is truly one of "the good ones" and has obviously dedicated herself to rescuing those left behind or cast aside. She is also in the enviable (to me) position of having the land and financial means to foster far more than I was ever able to. Her stories, by and large, are touching and sweet. Being atheist, I could have done without all the parallels to God and other religiousness, but, again, the stories are uplifting ...more
Tina
Jun 06, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing
The word I think of to describe this book is heartwarming. I couldn't put the book down. It made me laugh and cry. The author tells stories of her many cat, dog and horse rescues and how she found them homes and relates what she learns about her own life from these endearing creatures. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a compassion for animals. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Devon
Jun 02, 2012 Devon rated it it was amazing
As an author, I must include my first book as a goodread because of the impact it has on the animals that are being rescued, fostered, and adopted as a result. If animal rescue or beginning an animal transport or foster program is your dream, this book might inspire you that you can in fact begin one.
Corina Ziemer
Oct 03, 2012 Corina Ziemer rated it really liked it
I really love this book and enjoyed reading it. My Animals Wear Fur is a book for animal lovers it will warm your heart by showing you how wonderful animals can be. It is a great book you should read!
Sandy Norris
Sep 03, 2012 Sandy Norris rated it it was amazing
if you love animals.....this is a must read! just ordered her new daily devotion that is coming out oct. first. would love to meet author in person.
Dianna
Aug 14, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing
The true story of a woman who rescues many animals and then places them in forever homes. If you are an animal lover, or have ever rescued even one pet, this book is for you.

Jeannie
May 14, 2011 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: animal lovers
Shelves: i-own
This was just a beautiful book! The stories were so inspiring and each one had a lesson to carry over into my own life. I love this author!
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Merri
Merri rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
KarannM
KarannM rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2015
Barbara Davis
Barbara Davis rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Mark
Jun 05, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it
Good collection of short chapters of animal encounters.
Ronmaes
Ronmaes rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2011
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2008
Meagan Wolniewicz
Meagan Wolniewicz rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Alisa Williams
Alisa Williams rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2014
Ann Kavaney
Ann Kavaney rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Jill Bengston
Jill Bengston rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2009
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
K Gruber
K Gruber rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Rebecca Jackson
Rebecca Jackson rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2012
Jennifersands Sands
Jennifersands Sands rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2011
Cindy Konsella
Cindy Konsella rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Chris McKenzie
Chris McKenzie rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2010
Cinlar
Cinlar rated it liked it
May 04, 2011
Luanne
Luanne rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2008
Karen
Jan 02, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for dog lovers! Great stories of unconditional love.
Devon O’Day is an internationally known radio/TV personality, author, speaker, and songwriter originally from Pineville, LA. Her song credits include George Strait, Hank Williams Jr, Trace Adkins and more. Her voice has been heard on every major TV network, several syndicated radio shows, Fox-News, Bravo, Lifetime, narration of over 20 audio books and thousands of commercials. She has authored My ...more
More about Devon O'Day...