Start by marking “JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness” as Want to Read:
JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness

JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness (JSA #7)

The original superhero team-up, Justice Society of America is Earth's mightiest squad of defenders whose dynamic ranks include Powergirl, Dr. Mid-Nite, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Fate and star of TV's Justice League - Hawkgirl! When Obsidian, the darkness-controlling son of Green Lantern, teams up with the mind-twisting Eclipso and hyper-powerful wizard Mordru, the Justice Society ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about JSA, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about JSA, Vol. 7

Brad
Sep 22, 2007 Brad rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, dc
In the first half of this trade, which climaxes with JSA #50 (David Goyer's last issues as co-writer), the team faces off against Mordru (this JSA's first villain), Eclipso (the Spectre's nemesis), and Obsidian (Sentinel/Green Lantern's son). I really like this version of the evil spirit Eclipso--JSA's former archivist Rick Montez hates the spirit, yet struggles to harness its power.
Like most JSA stories, there are lots of great character moments. Here it's Sentinel's relationship with his kids
James Bowman
Sep 04, 2015 James Bowman rated it really liked it
Gets lots of points from me for using three of my favorite villains- Mordru, Obsidian and Eclipso. I woulda liked it better if Eclipso had his 90s revamp look instead of his kinda goofy 60s Silver-Age look, but I definitely like the twist of (view spoiler).

(view spoiler)
Stephen Theaker
Jan 03, 2009 Stephen Theaker rated it liked it
An enjoyable book, but I'm pretty muddled now after reading a few of them out of order. Writing a review of this one a couple of weeks after I read it is quite tricky. I had to look at the description on Goodreads to remind me that Eclipso, Obsidian and Mordru are the three princes of darkness in question.

But what I am sure of is that I'm already looking forward to re-reading the series in order, and that the superheroes in this book are some of the most well-rounded (especially Power Girl, nudg
Mike
Sep 06, 2015 Mike rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I am a sucker for the JSA/freedom Fighters/All-Star Squadron ( hey DC if you ever do a reprint of the old Jerry Conway All-Star Squadron books I'm first in line) so I come into this with a bit of a bias. From start to finish I think it's a great book, I notice that Goodreads lists this book as Geoff Johns even though David Goyer also wrote on this (and is credited in the book). The extra holiday stories at the end are like the bonus reel. Light and fun.
Z.S. Diamanti
May 21, 2016 Z.S. Diamanti rated it really liked it
The JSA fights a triple threat in Eclipso, Obsidian, and Mordru (the Princes of Darkness). This story arc was fantastically written and Leonard Kirk's art did not disappoint. It was hard hitting action from the get go with a few special holiday treats at the end. I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to all superhero fans.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
I love the golden age superheroes from DC and the new JSA brings these original heroes back into the modern age along with their legacy namesakes. Well above average art and plot keep these 70 year old comic characters interesting and entertaining. Very recommended
Koen
Apr 12, 2016 Koen rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Okay, really liked the chapter with Mordru&Co, even the ones about Crimson Avenger.. But what was up with those holiday extras? :S what's next.. Valentine issue?? :D Must be me of course..
But all in all a very decent read!
Shannon Appelcline
Apr 23, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
The main “Princes of Darkness” arc is great big-picture Goyers & Johns with many enemies and friends alike [7/10]. The shorts that finish the book off are generally good, with the Crimson Avenger story being particularly strong [8/10] and the Thanksgiving story being a bit weak [6/10].
Matt
May 29, 2012 Matt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I really liked this collection. It had the JSA versus Mordru, Obsidian,and Eclipso and led in to the Black Vengeance collection. Geoff Johns' JSA trades are as always stupendous
Jdetrick
One of the most amazing, huge battles the JSA has ever had, followed by some wonderful character building issues and one of the most emotional. Amazing.
Mike
Sep 19, 2010 Mike rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those desiring continuity!
Shelves: completed-series
Lots of battle, lots of between-villian plot development (almost too much, for a normally monthly serial), but ultimately kind of... flat.
Better review to follow.
Joe
Mar 04, 2015 Joe rated it really liked it
Good work.
Good story work, good artwork.
The Crimson Avenger was a treat. [Is she still out there in the current DC Universe?]
The Original Red Tornado story was perfect.
Scari Wó
Scari Wó rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Rex
Rex rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Bookwraiths
Bookwraiths rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Karl
Karl rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Davin
Davin rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2013
Kruti
Kruti rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Scott Bryan
Scott Bryan rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Ultramarine
Ultramarine rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2011
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Burton
Burton rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2007
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Jeff Clay
Jeff Clay rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2016
James Elkins
James Elkins rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2007
Marcos
Marcos rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2016
Michael Kennedy
Michael Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
  • JSA, Vol. 3: The Return of Hawkman
  • JSA, Vol. 1: Justice Be Done
  • Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation
  • JSA, Vol. 12: Ghost Stories
  • JLA, Vol. 2: American Dreams
  • Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 1: Teenage Revolution
  • The Question, Vol. 1: Zen and Violence
  • Superman: Up, Up, and Away!
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990’s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more
More about Geoff Johns...

JSA (1 - 10 of 18 books)