Start by marking “Weapon of Flesh (Weapon of Flesh, #1)” as Want to Read:
Weapon of Flesh (Weapon of Flesh, #1)
Preview

Weapon of Flesh (Weapon of Flesh #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  24 reviews
A boy born in the care of a wizard, without parents or any proper upbringing, is imbued with magic and trained as the perfect assassin. But why, and for whom? Then his master, the wizard, is killed, and all the boy knows is that he is a weapon, and was made to kill.
Published May 13th 2005 by Booksurge Publishing

Jack
Decent book, I will try the others in series, I have a difficult time trying to rate this novel as while it was a good read it... I think the issue is it had the potential to be a great read but just fell short.
The premise of the story is about a boy that has been trained in fighting and infused with magic to dampen "feeling's, and emotion's) these things are foreign to him as he was made to be the perfect weapon. Now of course as story progresses he has something change in his world and gains a
C.S. Carrig
To date, this is the only book I've ever purchased at a convention because the author took a few minutes to convince me it was worth reading, and I think he actually undersold it.

Weapon of Flesh is just the sort of fantasy novel I like, relying more on characters and story than the elaborate world building so many authors use to distinguish themselves from Tolkein and fantasy conventions. Rather than reinvent a perfectly good wheel, the author wastes no time in introducing the weapon of flesh--
Ares
The beginning was interesting, the comportement of the witless main character which happened to be brain washed for his entire life facing life outside his bubble was really well made, I liked his serious questions being laughed at and him being oblivious to everything et he should have taken that comtempt at seeing the world as the main theme which would have been original, but fact is that the ending was predictible and boring, a happy ending for our guilless murderer even if the following boo ...more
Courtney (Love N Books)
Finally finished. Great read!

Great book - please do not take into considertaion that time frame of me reading this. I truly enjoyed the book and look forward to reading the next one.

I just totally forgot about it when I got sucked into my other reads.
Metatrone
Yeah...no. Premise is decent everything else is terribly generic, derivative and stereotypical.
James
My review of Chris A Jackson's Weapon of Flesh is posted here:

In the city of Twailin a power struggle has been heating up for years. The fate of the city hangs in the balance as the Duke, others of the noble families, and factions of the Guilds ruthlessly vie for supremacy. The chessboard is cluttered with numerous pawns, but one very special pawn might sway the battle. But who will control this pawn?

Per the exacting instructions of the mysterious Grandfat
Kat Heckenbach
Weapon of Flesh has a really interesting mesh of elements. It combines a martial arts feel with a touch of organized crime, all mixed with traditional fantasy. Sounds a little strange--you're thinking ninja-Godfather with Elves in tunics aren't you? Well, you'd be right. And believe me, it actually works!

The story begins with a boy, stolen from his mother and magically altered into a killing machine. (I found it amazing that the author made me connect with a character who was almost completely e
Maranda Williams
Weapon of Flesh is an amazing fantasy book about a boy(lad) who is raised by a wizard and only taught to be one thing, a weapon. When the time finally come's for him to be given to the man who ordered his construction something happens on the way. The wizard, the only master the boy has ever known is gone. He is alone and all he knows is that his master was taking him to his destiny and he was going to find out what that was.

I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.
Mark D
Good, solid read. Can't remember how I found this on Amazon, but there it was while I was killing time on my way out to get GTA 5.

It's always fun reading about a boy trained to become the ultimate weapon. Didn't take long to get started, we got a little back story on his training...then boom - off into the world this innocent weapon goes.

I'm happy the Author included other POVs - I like being able to see how other characters reacted to this boy (named Lad). Some books you never get to see how ot
Jordan
A fantastic book that I'm glad I took a chance on considering I wasnt sure when I bought it. My mind was very quickly changed after only a couple of chapters into the book and Lad's story. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Jennie Pratt
Interesting angle on a story I felt like I've read before. Then I realized that there are many elements from many fantasy novels that weave together to create this story. The same, yet very different. I enjoyed that familiarity of scene and at the same time was caught by surprise a few times. The main character was very easy to fall for with his uninhibited innocence yet deadly abilities. The girl always gets the guy in the end and I think that was the one thing that would've put this story over ...more
Keliz
AWESOME. I think I've read it like five times since buying it. After just reading the blurb I fell in love with it.
Ali
Great Great book, the ending could have been a bit better i think, i think the the stories transformation from brutality to romantic was way to fast. def going to read the next one.
Michael Lazar
Not a bad read and a good start to the trilogy. Having a weapon that is unfeeling, unremorseful, killer that learns how to feel despite not being able to control himself was an interesting concept. Now that we're moving forward with Lad having free will, I'll be interested to see where this goes.
Nic
I received this as a first-read and did enjoy it; however, the romance made me cringe a little. The plot is similar to other novels which centre around an assassins guild, but Lad's dryness and confusion about life in general was amusing. The story is worth reading, and I will read the next book.
Jim Chou
Too find writing of this quality in the fantasy genre these days is unusual. Chris is a top flight writer and I'm really surprised he is not more famous than he is! The quality of the prose, the character development, the suspense, the depth of insight. He has it all. And does it while not falling into the same 'ol fantasy stereotypes. If you are a fantasy aficionado you won't go wrong reading this book.
Jennifer Erwin
Oh wow, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The author really pulled me in from the first page with this one. Part fantasy, part sci-fi, part organized crime (think Godfather), with a little bit of love weaved in the layers. Very good book, and I'm going to have to read more from this author now.
Muhammad Gibran
good story with an interesting character. it earned 3.5 stars but I give it 4 not 3 stars because of the potential.

Albert
Dec 08, 2013 Albert rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Soild book with likeable characters (even the uber villian!). Lightly touches on the ethics of killing, which could have been fleshed out more. I'd give it 3.5 stars, but I liked it enough to round up to 4.
Deoro
Quite good fantasy novel. Compares favorably with big name authors. Interesting world building -- sort of D&D, with thieves, assassins, elves, and magic users.
Sylvia
This book was so great. I was surprised that I loved it so much. You just have to read it to understand why there is not much I can say. Just read it and enjoy it.
Alpha_stigma
Amazing book, from start to finish. I don't know what to say besides get this book and read it.
Larry
Fantasy/Romance. The progression of the protagonist from construct to humanity was well done.
Christopher
A decent dramatic/fantasy/action novel that does get a little boring now and then with some unneeded sidetracking, but it's main plot about a boy who was magically created to be the perfect weapon who then finds that love conquers all is fleshed out well enough. Too bad the ending isn't all that satisfactory.
Denver Espenorio
Denver Espenorio marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Vreda
Vreda marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Child of the Sword (The Gods Within, #1)
  • Magus (Advent Mage Cycle, #2)
  • The Sorcerer's Ascension (The Sorcerer's Path, #1)
  • Blood and Steel (The Cor Chronicles, #1)
  • Provenance (Spellscribed #1)
  • The Healing Spring (The Inner Seas Kingdom, #1)
  • Bastial Steel (The Rhythm of Rivalry, #2)
  • The Road to Magic (Way of the Demon, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Trysmoon Saga, #4)
  • A Crucible of Souls (Sorcery Ascendant Sequence, #1)
  • The Builder (The Young Ancients, #1)
  • A New Age (Book of One, #1)
  • Wielder's Awakening (Wielder, #1)
  • The Anathema (The Central, #2)
Chris A. Jackson fell in love with the sea the first time he set eyes on those majestic waves. As a youth, he spent summers working on his father’s fishing boat in Oregon. Trained as a marine biologist, he was sidetracked by a career in biomedical research, but regained his heart and soul in 2009 when he and his wife Anne left the dock aboard a 45-foot sailboat to cruise the Caribbean and write fu ...more
More about Chris A. Jackson...

Weapon of Flesh (3 books)
  • Weapon of Blood (Weapon of Flesh, #2)
  • Weapon of Vengeance (Weapon of Flesh Trilogy, #3)
Weapon of Blood (Weapon of Flesh, #2) Weapon of Vengeance (Weapon of Flesh Trilogy, #3) Pirate's Honor (Pathfinder Tales) Scimitar Moon (The Scimitar Seas, #1) Scimitar Sun (The Scimitar Seas, #2)