Killing the Giants: The Road to Nihilism

Killing the Giants: The Road to Nihilism

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
President Woodrow Wilson once wrote, "Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture ing], are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Wilson]
"K...more
Published August 12th 2009 by Outskirts Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Killing the Giants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing the Giants

Jack
Started of as a reasonably promising conspiracy thriller, but then the writer got more involved in expounding the detail of the conspiracy, at the expense of plot, and his attempts to use a wide range of vocabulary, not necessarily accurately, became distracting.
Beth
How could you not love a book that includes references from other great works, such as 1984 and Of Mice and Men? I also appreciated that the story did not get muddled up with a romance that most fiction feels the need to put into every chapter.
Carol
The writing style is pedantic and stilted. The story might be good but I skipped vast portions of it - especially all of the quoted speeches from presidents' past and even the preamble to the constitution. At 99 cents for kindle it is too much.
Debbie
Intriguing story concept and some good writing. Not quite a 'page turner', but definitely an enjoyable read! And I must admit that it feels good to read a book in one week after spending so long on Les Mis!!
Donna
I think I liked it, but it did get bogged down at times. The beginning caught me, but it got a little long.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Shawnda
Shawnda marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Summer Sartain
Summer Sartain marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Christine Galli
Christine Galli marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Filly
Filly marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Joon
Joon marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Sandra  VanDyke
Sandra VanDyke marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Sabrina Kidd
Sabrina Kidd marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Trisha Beaulieu
Trisha Beaulieu marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Amanda Lipe
Amanda Lipe marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Lekiesha
Lekiesha marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Ilse
Ilse added it
Sep 17, 2013
Pawel
Pawel added it
Aug 30, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Nazli
Nazli marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm the bestselling author of REUNION, Twisted Vengeance, Creepy and The Indie Author's Guide to the Universe.

I live in Central Indiana with my wife, four children and two stray cats. I obsess over details, dream strange dreams and teach a creative writing course for a homeschool co-op. Look for my upcoming paranormal thriller, Act of Vengeance, coming in late 2011.

I grew up in Saginaw Michigan,...more
More about Jeff Bennington...
Reunion Twisted Vengeance (Twisted Vengeance, #1) Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories Creepy, Book 1: A Collection of Ghost Stories and Paranormal Short Stories (Creepy Series) The Secret Tree