Start by marking “Child of Thunder (Renshai Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Child of Thunder (Renshai Trilogy, #3)

Child of Thunder (Renshai Trilogy #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  837 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the final novel of this brilliant epic trilogy, Reichert weaves together the diverse plot strands she spun in The Last of the Renshai and The Western Wizard. Colbey, Renshai warrior, hero, and teacher, finally accepts the possibility that he must take on the role of the Western Wizard. Only time will tell whether he and his allies can avert the end of all the worlds.
Published April 1st 1993 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Child of Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Child of Thunder

Lydia Presley
Original review posted here

Goodness gracious, this trilogy has me going a bit crazy with love. I liked it after the first book, really liked it after the second and this third book – it has me bonkers!

Twists and turns take us into the final moments before Colbey is to become the Western Wizard. When he is, he does it on his own terms. While reading this book I couldn’t help but think of all the assumptions I made about where the story would lead when I got this far and how many of them were comp
Cshamblin
It's interesting that the author not only pits good against evil but law against chaos. The four cardinal wizards try to maintain the balance. In the past, there was only good and evil, one wizard championing each. The society the Wizard of Evil oversees has laws that we would consider very evil. It, however, is a lawful society because those who commit the atrocities are following the law of the land.The other two wizards remaining neutral to maintain the balance. In this final book of the tril ...more
Sue
I did read this book several years ago, but I honestly didn't remember much about it, so some of the plot points came as surprises, which is a good thing, I suppose, for a re-read. This book has a markedly different feel from the previous two, in that things get a bit cerebral, and with a main character that is a sword master, it's a little weird. I'll have to read the second, related series, as I own the first book: Beyond Ragnarok.
Mike
The final chapter in this well written easily read trilogy. Some of the concepts maybe a touch difficult to grasp however stay with it.

A mans code, his beliefs, his honour sadly missing in today's life but rekindled with the reading of these books.
Caroline
I don't remember a tremendous amount about this series, only that I devoured it and fell in love with the characters. It's another series I need to pick up again and find out if it really is as good as I remembered it being.
Kira
Kira added it
Aug 20, 2015
Doctor_roxo
Doctor_roxo marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Douglas Coburn
Douglas Coburn marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Ziyuan Lam
Ziyuan Lam marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Laura Ramsey
Laura Ramsey marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Ran
Ran marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Steve Best
Steve Best marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
  • Dark Magic (The Godwars, #2)
  • Exiles' Return (Ghatti's Tale, #3)
  • The Last Wizard (Wizard of the Grove, #2)
  • The Gandalara Cycle II
  • When True Night Falls (The Coldfire Trilogy, #2)
  • In the Country of the Blind
  • Psychohistorical Crisis
  • Echo of Eternity
  • King's Sacrifice (Star of the Guardians, #3)
  • The Years Of The City
  • The Chaos Gate (Bard's Tale, #4)
  • Sea of Sorrows (The Sun Sword, #4)
  • Steps of the Sun
Mickey Zucker Reichert (pseudonym for Miriam Susan Zucker Reichert) is an American fantasy fiction author of several best selling novels. Perhaps her most famous work is the epic Renshai series, which offers an intriguing perspective on traditional Norse mythology. She is also a parent and paediatrician with a soft spot for critters great and small. She has been known care for a veritable zoo of c ...more
More about Mickey Zucker Reichert...

Renshai Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Last of the Renshai (Renshai Trilogy, #1)
  • The Western Wizard (Renshai Trilogy, #2)
The Legend of Nightfall (Nightfall, #1) The Last of the Renshai (Renshai Trilogy, #1) The Western Wizard (Renshai Trilogy, #2) Beyond Ragnarok (Renshai Chronicles, #1) Prince of Demons (Renshai Chronicles, #2)