Start by marking “Mates, Dates and Pulling Power” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates and Pulling Power

Mates, Dates and Pulling Power (Mates, Dates #7)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  1,463 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Book 7 in the hugely popular Mates, Dates series.
Audiobook
Published August 1st 2009 by Findaway World (first published August 7th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mates, Dates and Pulling Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mates, Dates and Pulling Power

Cora Linn
5 Words: family, friendship, face masks, fun.

I absolutely loved this series as a teen, I had every book.

But I never liked Nesta much. This book is probably the best illustration for why. She's just too always-has-to-be-right for me to get along with and I can't help but read her character in a snooty voice. Whoopsie.

This book is about friendship and why holding a grudge isn't good. It's also about how silly it is to be shallow.
Ilaria ♡
I managed to wear braces confidently only by reading this book!
I've read it more and more times, and I still love it :D
Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles as an IR book. This book was about Nesta discovering herself more through a boy. Nesta finds out she has to get braces and she is devasated. She was also called shallow by her friends sort of. So when she goes to an acting class and sees this boy Luke she falls in love. They start hanging out and she wants to prove she isnt shallow. Also she is paranoid that he'll think she is an airhead. Can she prove herself and get her confidence back.
I have an text-to
Ethar
a good story that will drive you away from boredom , story told in a very perfect way, recommended for teens.

-Nesta, the most beautiful of all and easily the most attractive in her school starts to feel a bit reluctant and a bit down from her Mates. when they start to tell her that she's so shallow she lacks more and more confidence and acts like a 'drama queen' but she doesn't approve it. She starts doing everything to prove the opposite but a time comes when she can't help it anymore . and wh
Lauren Michels
In the book Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles there is really no particular story that it is portraying, but it does portray friendship. In this book there are four girls, who are best friends, they go by the names of Izzie, T.J., Lucy, and Nesta. This book is part of a series and in each book a different girl is telling the story. In this book Nesta is the one telling the story. In this book Nesta meets a boy named Luke in an acting class that she and her friend Izzie are taking. When Nesta's dad ...more
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
This book was lamely funny! LOL! xD

How I got this book:
I was going back to my class at school and suddenly my friend threw this book at me, telling me to keep this book for 1 week. I didn't get time to ask her why but I read it and I still have this book and god knows when she will take this book back!
----------------------------------------

First of all, my friends (I seriously don't know why) loves Cathy Hopkins. I was like ok...lets give this book a try! and yay! this book was hell funny and
Samantha
I didn't like this one as much as I usually like the Mates, Dates about Nesta. I was excited because I had braces for five years and I knew all about the pain and suffering they cause (not just to your mouth but your self esteem). Unfortunately, the book was much less about braces and much more about Nesta meeting a new guy and reconciling her father's relationship with her new boyfriend's father. So on that, I sort of felt like the book was a mixed message and lost its point - is it about comin ...more
Poo
this book is awesome i have read all of them and this is my favorite so far so go head and read it your love it
Jennie
Nesta has to get braces! I liked this one, because not only is Nesta all freaked out about her braces (which are A LOT less common in England than in the US) but she meets this hotttt guy in her acting class, Luke. As soon as her dad sees Luke though, he forbids Nesta to ever see him again, and won't give her a reason. The books not nearly as preachy as Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes and the plot was less predictable than usual, and a little more oddball.
Suki
This was also one of my favorite books because it is by Cathy Hopkins. THis book contains a special message to me that whoever you are, bee it and dont hide it because you will miss special opportunities. Nesta have to get braces and she hate it because she thinks that it affected her by no one will think she is gorgeous and cute boys wont flirt with her but she realizes that it doesnt matter. What attracts people is personality not how they look!
Nur Izzati
Jun 12, 2011 Nur Izzati rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nur Izzati by: Fatin Farhana
I love this series, I read the first book when I was 14. But I stopped, now I feel like continue reading it again cause I found the other books at a friend's house. Yes its more suitable for adolescents, but it can be fun for adults among the 20s too. The story is really light and simple, I finished it in a day. Its funny and has many small notes at the end of every chapter (facial mask ingredients, how to measure for a bra). Not boring at all.
Courtney
Dec 03, 2008 Courtney rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girl teens only !
Recommended to Courtney by: no-one found it in school library
this book is good if you like stories mixed with, like advice.
in a part of this book it tells you how to make face masks and 10 top tips about boys.
also in this book it tells you a basic story about what youy go through as teenagers...and if you dont...well i'd see a doctor!
JOKIES! no you will realy like this book... i will also reccomend mates, dates guide to life if you like pilling power.

toodles ;)
Catherine
This book is okay to read.Its based on her loving to hang out with boys and her friends alot and she gets affected it about it because shes getting braces and she dont want no boys to make fun of her.But know that she has it she thinks that shes more attractive with them.
Marjolein
READ IN DUTCH

Leuke Titel!

Dit boek is onderdeel van de Tina Topper serie, die vroeger elke zes weken uitkwamen, en dan ook maar even verkrijgbaar waren. Sommige van die boeken waren al uitgekomen voordat ik geboren was, dus heb ik de meeste verzameld via internet.
Amy
This book is about how Nesta is getting her braces off. she is very happy about it because she is no longer having metal on her teeth. I like this book because its show me how this book can relate to my life. i want to know how is feel to get my braces off !
Veronica Widya
all thing inside nesta's head is funny.
and the story that she experienced with luke is funny either.
but u will never expected how luke really is in the other book.
he seems very nice in this book.
Janne
Very funny! I can relate to every character in the story. Each character has their own love story. But more than that, it is about family, school problems, friendship, everything about life.
Erin
Classic and really what makes me like this series is how I feel the charaters are my friends or as if I really truely know them. Good books. Good read. Gets my good review ;) hhaha
Hannah
Also known as Pulling Power
I love the way you learn a lot about nesta's family background and the way she tries to get lukes attention very funny and a good book !!
Maggie V
Sophie
There is no way I could have managed the horrible teenage years without this series! I read it multiple times!!
Darien
I loved the mystery in the book which made it different than than the rest of the series. Read this book in a day :)
Lorie
Maybe I would like this book if I was a teen (though there is a lot of YA I love now).
Blair Gilmore
the book was great with slight british houmor good for all girls alike
Audrey
Dec 17, 2007 Audrey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls My Age
Great Book! I love this book about friends!
Great Series too!
Alicia H.
Jul 02, 2008 Alicia H. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Very good. I liked it very much.
Sol
nesta gets braces-i remember!
Levine
nice but ridiculous.
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Tessa in Love
  • Crow Girl (Crow Girl, #1)
  • My So Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
  • Revenge of the Geek (Geek High, #4)
  • Lady: My Life as a Bitch
  • Wishes and Dreams (Sweet 16, #2)
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1) Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2) Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4) Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9) Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)