Start by marking “Assembly Language Step-By-Step: Programming with Linux” as Want to Read:
Assembly Language Step-By-Step: Programming with Linux

Assembly Language Step-By-Step: Programming with Linux

The eagerly anticipated new edition of the bestselling introduction to x86 assembly language The long-awaited third edition of this bestselling introduction to assembly language has been completely rewritten to focus on 32-bit protected-mode Linux and the free NASM assembler. Assembly is the fundamental language bridging human ideas and the pure silicon hearts of computers ...more
Published March 3rd 2011 by Wiley (first published September 1992)

James
Dec 07, 2009 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where the Cool Kids Program

A long time ago, in a basement far far away, I was sitting in front of a long-suffering television set, banging away on a Commodore 64, trying to dive beyond BASIC programming to where the cool kids played, down below the user interface, down in the guts of the machine itself. Stripped of the training wheels, you could write programs on that ancient machine that would fly. The cool kids wrote programs in assembly language. I tried. But I never got there. By the time I
Adam
Aug 28, 2016 Adam rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: starters
Very good book to learn Assembly.
Dawid Kowalski
Jan 03, 2014 Dawid Kowalski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First technical book I ever read (and that was when I was in high school) and that left me with great memories. I remember that I literally reread chapter after chapter until I understood deeply every single part. That gave me a solid foundation for my future career and great understanding how things really work down there. Concepts like pointers to the memory that my colleges were struggling with were crystal clear to me thanks to this book.

After finishing it I was able to write quite a big pro
caisah
Jul 02, 2013 caisah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: programming, assembly
This is a great book for people who want to understand what is going on behind the curtain deep inside the computer. After reading this one would be able to write articulate complex assembly programs for the 32 bit processor.

It is really a step by step guide taking you form binary math and computer architecture and instructions and data structures, explaining every little detail along the way.

The reading is not very easy but remember assembly language is considered not a very accessible one.
Prashant Singh
This book best for one who has some little experience (around 6 months) in programming and curious to know how that program is working at machine level in CPU .This book is story book to me which beginners can enjoy more :)
Andrew Obrigewitsch
This is the best book out there for those who want to understand Assembly Language, save my life in my Assembly Language class.
Davem2
Feb 06, 2012 Davem2 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great information on the foundations of programming. Gets at the nuts and bolts of how software works at the lowest level.
Darwin Wu
Darwin Wu rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Scott M Macgregor
Scott M Macgregor rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Shankar
Shankar rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Bradley
May 17, 2016 Bradley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This guy is clever.
Homakp
Homakp rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Tom Watson
Tom Watson rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Marcondes
Marcondes rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
David Gerlach
David Gerlach rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
cacaegg
cacaegg rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Robbert Brak
Robbert Brak rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2012
Kevin Inscoe
Kevin Inscoe rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Aqsa Kanwal
Aqsa Kanwal rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
David
David rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Robbie
Robbie rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
nisennenmondai
nisennenmondai rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Blocker Mslm
Blocker Mslm rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Roman Grigoriadi
Roman Grigoriadi rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Shamus Frigon
Shamus Frigon rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Beyza
Beyza rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Clint Forrester
Clint Forrester rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Bill Cruise
Bill Cruise rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Dane Mason
Dane Mason rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Pratyush Srivastava
Pratyush Srivastava rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Art of Assembly Language
  • Android Hacker's Handbook
  • Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
  • Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems
  • The Tangled Web: A Guide to Securing Modern Web Applications
  • Nmap Network Scanning: The Official Nmap Project Guide to Network Discovery and Security Scanning
  • The IDA Pro Book: The Unofficial Guide to the World's Most Popular Disassembler
  • Linux Kernel Development
  • The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes
  • Practical Reverse Engineering: x86, x64, ARM, Windows Kernel, Reversing Tools, and Obfuscation
  • Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide
  • The Web Application Hacker's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Flaws
  • Inside Cyber Warfare: Mapping the Cyber Underworld
  • Malware Analyst's Cookbook and DVD: Tools and Techniques for Fighting Malicious Code
  • 21st Century C: C Tips from the New School
  • A Discipline of Programming
  • The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
  • Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »