Start by marking “Gangster Government” as Want to Read:
Gangster Government

Gangster Government

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Columnist Michael Barone invented the phrase.
President Obama has perfected the practice.
And in this new and stunning book, "New York Times" best-selling author David Freddoso ("The Case Against Barack Obama") provides the much-needed expos(r) of an administration that has brought Chicago-style corruption and strong-arm politics to Washington, looki
Published May 14th 2014 by Not Avail (first published March 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gangster Government, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gangster Government

As a former Chicagoan I will admit that Chicago politics have always been considered “gangster” and the result of most elections in that city are usually in question. It’s sort of like the joke, “Is Osama Bin Laden really dead”? He must be, he’s registered to vote in Chicago”.

Jokes aside, GANGSTER GOVERNMENT by David Freddoso is a fascinating, well documented look at the inner workings and tactics employed not only by the current administration but by both Republicans and Democrats over the las
Always has befuddled me since the 2008 election season how a politician from Chicago with a meteoric rise wasn't given more scrutiny, at the very least for his associations with people such as Bill Ayers, Tony Rezco, Rod Blagojevich, Valerie Jarrett, and yes, even current Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel.

Freddoso argues that the "Chicago way" is now the "Washington way" - do good for your friends, do....well, not so good for your non-friends. He illustrates how Obama is indebted to major U.S. unions
Kim Heimbuch
Powerful. This book comes clean with the political spew and deceit hidden from most Americans. We need more writers like David Freddoso to speak out against the corruption that has overwhelmed this nation. Out Founding Fathers would be ashamed of how our government has turned out and turned over to the vile creatures we call leaders.
I definitely suggest picking this book up and not putting it done!
Another detailed view of the corruption of our government. It explains why GM was bailed out (to save the auto union), and how Chicago politics are alive and kicking in DC. Public virtue? Cannot say when that will return, perhaps a generation from now.
I'm glad I read this. It gave me some tangible evidence of what I knew in my gut all along. Having grown up in Chicago in the 50s and 60s, I know all too well what the political aspect of life there was...and is. And now it's in the White House.
Jul 06, 2012 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every American
An excellent piece of journalistic research, the book introduces us not to just how things are done in Washington DC but some of the background on how the situation has evolved with the current administration, both in their first two years in power and in the time in Chicago. Understanding "the Chicago way" helps the reader see how the natural inclinations of Washington beauracracy to favor big government fit well with the Obama administration's ways of doing things.

Author Freddoso tells the st
Fredrick Danysh
President Oboma is charged with having the belief that is is above God and the government and violating the US Constitution. His relationships with corrupt politicians and business is exposed. The author states that Oboma has played thw corrupt Chicago political game, rewarding friens and punishing enemies.
Robert T.  Garcia
This was an excellent read. A continue education who this President is from and why he does what he does and the choices he makes. A very spirited page turning books with a lot of facts and details that have been well researched.
May 27, 2011 Jennifer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am just starting this book but it already very good. As a democrat, I feel that Obama has to be one of the worst presidents ever so this is giving an interesting perspective into his presidency...How much of it is true, hard to say but it is interesting so far.
John Roskelley
Please read this and heed the warnings given. It only confirms what Stanley Kurtz wrote in his very well-researched book "Radical-in-Chief."
Joe Kolega
A neo conservatives' mental illustration and interpretation of the presidents' policies and governing styles in the USA.
Good book, but would be a better read for those who are blind to what Obama and his administration are doing.
It was okay. A little heavy on facts & I already knew about most things in it. Not terrible though.
Interesting read, the term "gangster government" was overused.
Mike added it
Nov 17, 2015
Lux marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Newt marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Debbie Wiley
Debbie Wiley marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Josh marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Rocky marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015