How To Do Everything: (From the Man Who Should Know: Red Green)

How To Do Everything: (From the Man Who Should Know: Red Green)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It may not be great literature— but at least it's handy.

From the mastermind of the hugely successful The Red Green Show comes a book that is going to change your life, or at least make you laugh— a lot— whenever you pick it up. And people are going to be picking it up for many years to come, because— like the long-rerunning TV shows— there's not a topical gag in the book a...more
Published October 12th 2010 by Doubleday Canada (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How To Do Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Do Everything

Bookworm Smith
I'm on a humour streak, this is the third in a row and by far the funniest. This whole Red Green thing; the duct tape jokes, the terrible handyman stories, and the 'man' views of life's little moments, are all starting to make sense to me. I can finally relate! It's only taken thirty years. With all this life experience under my belt I can relate, which leads to laugh after laugh. I'd say this book is aimed more towards the middle aged man, but, I'm mature for my age...guess that's why I find th...more
Angela Burkhead
A step-by-step guide at how to do nothing... I mean everything. Packed full of ideas to help you succeed at failure, this book is a laugh from page one. Your marriage and pocket book will be better off for reading How To Do Everything, and if they're not, be thankful it didn't destroy your pocket book. If for no other reason, pick up this book and give it a go to find out how to be a better Renaissance Man by learning from another mans example, and then never make the same mistakes.
Jeff
If you've never seen "The Red Green Show" (and if you haven't, check your local PBS station now!), this book makes a great companion to the TV series. Red's taken a bunch of funny "Handyman Corner" and "North of Forty" segments, and spread them out among 250 or so pages, with his trademark humor, sarcasm, and wisdom.

So remember, after reading this book, "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Rabya
Loved it. Another definite must read- contains practical life advice accompanied by homemade crafty drawing illustrations. Photo on back cover is priceless. Red Green's essential tool for most life problems: duct tape.
Wendy DePaul
I needed this kind of comic relief. I loves me some Red Green!
Craig
For the unfamiliar, The Red Green Show is sort of a Canadian cross between "Hee Haw" and "This Old House." Now it that sounds like something that would appeal to you, you'll like this book.
Elden
I did not find this book as funny as I was hoping it would be. The main problem I think is that his style of humor is very visual, which just did not translate well too book form.
Brian
An enjoyable read, but most of this humor, in my opinion, is better suited for a visual media. But how can you not love chapters like "How to outsmart a raccoon"?
Jeremy Peacock
Written as little 1 or 2 page excerpts. Great as a bathroom read, but would be hard pressed to stay interested for longer than 5 mins.

Jonathan
Lots of fun. Good for idle times -- short sections demand no continuing attention.
Lance Taylor
Canadian Comic Genius! So glad I read this before going to see him live on stage.
Stephanie Wrona-carlile
Three words: Canadian comic genius!
Ryan
Hilarious as usual.
Wanda
Wanda is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Caitlin Bickel
Caitlin Bickel marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 20, 2014
Gary Fubar
Gary Fubar marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Sarah added it
May 29, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Final Assault: A Novel About Finishing the Task Dying to Preach: Embracing the Cross in the Pulpit The Map of the Known World Digital Signal Processing: A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists International Theory: Positivism and Beyond