Start by marking “Dead Boyfriends (Mac McKenzie, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Boyfriends (Mac McKenzie, #4)

Dead Boyfriends (Mac McKenzie #4)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Right up until they put him in jail,McKenzie thought the cops were kidding. After all, he did them a favor by stopping a rookie cop from roughing up a distraught woman at amurder scene. But the next thing Mac knows he’s in jail, missing an important date with his girlfriend and reliving nightmares he thought he’d finally left behind – and he’s vowing payback for all of it. ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Dead Boyfriends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Boyfriends

Anna Marie
Mac is trying to buy some antique furniture when he gets lost. All of the sudden, a woman runs screaming out of a house towards Mac's car, shouting that her boyfriend is dead. Of all the luck, only Mac can run into a murder mystery without even trying.

This time, Mac's favor is even less voluntary than previously, but he feels sorry for the woman accused of her boyfriend's murder and agrees to help her lawyer find out the truth.

If you like mysteries with twists and turns, then you will enjoy thi
DEAD BOYFRIENDS (Unlicensed Investigator, Rushmore McKenzie, Twin Cities, MN, Cont) – G+
Housewright, David – 5th in series
St. Martin’s Minotaur, 2007, US Hardcover – ISBN: 9780312348304
First Sentence: The dream came back to haunt me the night they threw me in jail.
*** Former policeman Rushmore McKenzie is retired, wealthy and does favors for people. Merodie Davies has problems with alcohol and men, particularly the one who has been dead for several days upstairs. When she finds him and runs scre
An interesting book by a local author; I will be reading more. This book was in the Rushmore McKenzie series. I will go back to the beginning and start reading the first two books. I probably would have rated it 3 1/2 stars but I rounded up since its an local author. Always fun to read about the Twin Cities. :)
I keep reading David Housewright because he's a Minnesota author and I like to support the home team, and also because I keep hoping he'll write another book that I like as much as I liked "Tin City." No luck yet.
Joe O'c
Excellent; Continuing character: Rushmore McKenzie; McKenzie stumbles into a case that contains a couple lethal females, along with crooked politicians, while trying to win back his girlfriend
Great mystery read. Local geography made it more interesting also. St. Paul, Anoka, Coon Rapids MN, even Elk River where I live.
Al Stoess
Dec 22, 2012 Al Stoess rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Housewright fans. Mystery fans.
Not his best. Interesting. I enjoy his writings about St.Paul and Minneapolis and environs.

Reread - finished on 12/21/12
Steven Farmer
Great book David. Going onward to Highway 61.
Betsy Osborn
# 4 Mac McKenzie
Tanda marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
♥ Sandi
♥ Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Donna. marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Nancee added it
Sep 24, 2015
Susan Parrish
Susan Parrish marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
  • The Enraged (Jonathan Quinn, #7)
  • Stray Bullets (Detective Greene, #3)
  • Incredible Victory: The Battle of Midway
  • The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons (Bernie Rhodenbarr, #11)
  • Marriage Can Be Murder (Dr. Benjamin Bones Mysteries, #1)
  • The Wild Beasts of Wuhan (Ava Lee, #3)
  • Diamonds, Gold, and War: The Making of South Africa
  • The Night Searchers
  • Beacon 23: Part Five: Visitor (Kindle Single)
  • The Old Deep and Dark (Jane Lawless, #22)
  • Augie's Secrets: The Minneapolis Mob and the King of the Hennepin Strip
  • Hunter's Moon
  • A Bolt from the Blue: The Epic True Story of Danger, Daring, and Heroism at 13,000 Feet
  • The Blood Pit (Wesley Peterson, #12)
  • Killing Kate (Riley Spartz, #4)
  • White Tombs (John Santana, #1)
  • Last Men Out: The True Story of America's Heroic Final Hours in Vietnam
A reformed newspaper reporter and ad man, Housewright's book "Penance" (Foul Play Press) earned the 1996 Edgar Award for Best First Novel from the Mystery Writers of America and was nominated for a Shamus in the same category by the Private Eye Writers of America.

"Practice to Deceive" won the 1998 Minnesota Book Award (it is currently being developed as a feature film) and "Jelly's Gold" won the s
More about David Housewright...

Mac McKenzie (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • A Hard Ticket Home (Mac McKenzie, #1)
  • Tin City (Mac McKenzie, #2)
  • Pretty Girl Gone (Mac McKenzie, #3)
  • Madman on a Drum (Mac McKenzie, #5)
  • Jelly's Gold (Mac McKenzie, #6)
  • The Taking of Libbie, SD (Mac McKenzie, #7)
  • Highway 61 (Mac McKenzie, #8)
  • Curse of the Jade Lily (Mac McKenzie, #9)
  • The Last Kind Word (Mac McKenzie, #10)
  • The Devil May Care (Mac McKenzie, #11)