Start by marking “Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs” as Want to Read:
Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

Who says zombies don't have feelings? Losing a limb might not hurt them, and they don't seem to mind being shot, but that doesn't mean the undead can't love, right? This collection features more than two dozen classic love songs aimed right at the rotting hearts of zombie romantics everywhere. Perfect for a cozy evening at home with an infected loved one, this book is sure ...more
Published November 30th 2010 by William Morrow (first published November 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime

May
Oct 29, 2012 May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, read-2012, zombies
To get 4 or more stars, a CD of the zombie love songs should have accompanied this book. As a result, I had to give it only 3 as I quietly hummed the song's zombified lyrics to myself. Thankfully, office mate was too distracted to notice.
Gretchen Alice
You think that people would have had enough of zombie love songs...but I look around me and I see it isn't so. Some people want to fill the world with zombie love songs. What's wrong with that? I want to know...so here I go...again!
(I DARE YOU to not have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.)
The concept is pretty straightforward. Take a bunch of well-known pop songs and zombie-ify the lyrics. The result is amusing, if a little predictable.
Some songs are less of a stretch than
Monica
Jan 06, 2013 Monica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is a reworded collection of "love" songs with a zombie slant.

The word choices are clever, follow the original song's tempo rather well, and rather inventive. Humor is interlaced throughout the book as well.

Overall, a fun read.
Christina
Jun 01, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this short little paperback as a gift for my guy. It is a fun and funny read that is sure to result in some twisted and silly serenades. Worth the $9 for anybody that finds zombies delightful. The illustrations of zombie artists like Sonny and Cher are also pretty fun.
Jessica
May 26, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music, humor
The real challenge in reading this book is not singing the songs aloud. (You can't resist. Beware of reading this book in a public place.)
Bandit
Mar 16, 2012 Bandit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable tiny book with some really cute, albeit profoundly disturbed versions of popular song lyrics and pictures. Sing them to your loved one :)
Mandy Rae Coudriet
Every Zombie Eats Somebody. Sometimes is a book of clasic love songs turned undead. The book is amusing in its own way with comical drawing of zombies in love. All in all it was hood for a laugh.
Diane
Very funny- if only it came with audio too!
Becky Everhart
This book was an astonishing quick read, although I suppose one could get extra enjoyment out of the slim volume by pulling up karaoke versions of each song on YouTube to see how the altered versions would sound. The words could have been better, less repetitive, or further from the original at times, but it was still a fun read. I liked the illustrations quite a bit, especially since the likenesses were clever and spot-on. This is a nice book to use to get yourself ready for Halloween or a Zomb ...more
Michelle
Mar 21, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, zombie, humor, holiday
Good book for Valentine's Day. Highly suggest finding the songs on Youtube and singing along. Makes you really appreciate the zombie songs.
Best lines for that zombie lover of yours:
-"Your brain is my make-up I wear since I tried to eat you."
-"..your skin's tenderest while it peels off in my fingertips."
-"And when I eat brains I feels so happy inside."
-"Eat your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, They are no longer there."

Great parody song book.
frogfairie
Perhaps the fact that I didn't know all the tunes of the book taints my rating. It may also be that I feel a bit like "been there, done that" since I already read 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies" and found that entertaining. Either way, I was a bit bored with this but got a couple of chuckles & it's a quick read so not much time wasted.
Nicole Harris
Better than the Christmas one with matching rhythm flow of the songs they are a parody of, but I think I would have enjoyed it better if it was a mishmash of monsters instead of just eating people. That got old after awhile, but there were some clever ones in there.
Relena_reads
I wanted to like this, and the illustrations are amazing, but the songs are just too disturbing (not creepy or scary, but disturbing). I put it on the shelf for the kids at school.
Stefani
Mar 18, 2013 Stefani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-teen, read-adult
A book of zombie love songs, written to the tune of classic songs. Great if you know the tunes; mediocre if you don't. Still, a fun quick read, with funny and disturbing illustrations.
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2017
Angie
Angie rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2011
Leisuresuitlarry
Leisuresuitlarry rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2010
Hayley
Hayley rated it did not like it
May 06, 2013
Aysun
Aysun rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2012
vvb
vvb rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Ley
Ley rated it it was ok
May 20, 2011
Douglas Koehne
Douglas Koehne rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2011
Robin Burkhardt
Robin Burkhardt rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Suzi
Suzi rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2013
annmarie
annmarie rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2017
Melissa Doss
Melissa Doss rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Michael P. Spradlin is the author of more than a dozen books for children.
More about Michael P. Spradlin...