Start by marking “Powerful Magic (Heartspell)” as Want to Read:
Powerful Magic (Heartspell)

Powerful Magic (Magic #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Previously Published by Dorchester Publishing (Lovespell)

Editorial Reviews
Review
...Powerful Magic is a spellbinding tale of magic,love, and destiny. -- Reader to Reader

Karen Whiddon has written a winner here - love, excitement, and fantasy all rolled into one fun story! -- The Road to Romance

Ms. Whiddon has created a romantic tale about a battered woman's return to self-wo
Published (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Powerful Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powerful Magic

Shirley
Every once in a while a book will totally take you by surprise. Powerful Magic falls into that category. I love it when that happens. :)

This is going to be a hard review to write, simply because I don’t want to give too much away. There are so many twists, turns and secrets slowly revealed that happened as the story unfolded. *sigh*

Megan finds herself thrown into the past. She’s instantly attracted to Kenric, her unwilling savior. Kenric, however, has no time for anything other than his own pers
Randi
The story is about a woman who went back 900 years to meet a man. She was fearful that he would hit her like her modern fiancee that she was meeting to break it off. Turns out that Kenric (the man 900 years ago) isn't the type who hit women. All Kenric wanted was a land to call his own. Megan told him in a fib for her safety that if he would return her to her fiancee, the fiancee would give him land.

They went on a journey together through the realms of Earth and Rune (fairy). With Megan, Kenric
Linda Ramos
I enjoyed the time travel to assist in a legend to save Rune and the world. Roger wanted to marry Megan for her inheritance. The money would get him out of debt. He finds out Megan has willed her fortune to charity. Roger is very abusive and enjoys the pain he dishes out to Megan. Megan decides to tell Roger she is calling off the engagement but lightning struck transporting her to another time. She is transported to a cave with a Kenric. Together they journey to save Rune through true love, tru ...more
Julie
so bad cannot even rate it
Cat
Although there were many errors throughout this book, I liked the story behind it. And even though I think things were resolved much too easily (and with the same answer), I definitely get the point.

Chemistry between the two protagonists was good, though a little too obvious. Other than that, the read was a bit longer than I expected but moved quickly. There's character growth from both Megan and Kenric, which is always a plus in my book.
Angela

I enjoyed the story, but I have to say it was a struggle to make myself read past the first page. I know this was self-published and free, but I really had a tough time with the misspellings and incorrect word choices. Also, I have never in my life read a work if fiction where words were underlined. Fragmented sentences were also a big issue. This author
Would benefit greatly from the skill of a good copy editor.
Judy Wise
This was a little diferent from my usual reads. It is a time travel with the different in times begin our time about 1065, and they have the good guys and the bad guys and faierys. Proves that love is the answer.
Jessica
This was a great book. It is a very cute love story if you don't mind a little romance in there too :) I would recommend this to someone who likes fantasy stories with a good love story.
Stacy
It was a good book. Fantasy Romance with magic, faeries, time-travel, etc. Very captivating and I like how she put a modern-day twist into a "historical" romance.
Tasha
Oh i just found out this book is in a Series.... well dang i didnt know that anyways i have read this book more then once because i fell head over heels in love
Isis
Wonderful story of love divided by time and what has to be done to make it all work. I really enjoyed reading it.
Stephani
Completely awesome love story!!!!! Addicting and fun and very easy to read! Sexy characters and all~~~

Robin Barker
i would recommend this book to all readers it was a very good read.

Erotic Horizon
Powerful Magic (The Magic Series, Book 1) by Karen Whiddon (2005)
Eleanor Merry
wonderful time travel story along with faeries. Loved the story
Wrathsqueen
I loved this book, I just couldn't put it down.
Tam Cooke
its interesting so far
It was a good love story
Dawn
Dawn added it
Nov 18, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Ellie Potts
Ellie Potts marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Incredible Dreams
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • Fairytale (Fairies of Rush, #1)
  • George & the Virgin
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Love's Magic (Boadicea, #1)
  • Warrior's Bride (The Stones of Destiny, #2)
  • Siren Song (Siren Song, #1)
  • The Eighth Sea
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Wanted (Thief of Hearts Trilogy, #1)
  • Into The Woods
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Sword of the Raven
Karen Whiddon spun fanciful tales for her younger brothers as early as the age of eleven. Growing up in the Catskill Mountains of New York, then the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, she found enough magic in the rugged peaks to keep her imagination fueled for years.

Now making her home in North Texas, she shares her life with her hero-like husband and three doting dogs. She writes paranormal tales for
More about Karen Whiddon...
Touch Of The Wolf (The Pack #6) Wild Wolf (The Pack #9) One Eye Open (The Pack, #1) Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5) Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)