Start by marking “Powerful Magic (Heartspell)” as Want to Read:
Powerful Magic (Heartspell)

Powerful Magic (Magic #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Previously Published by Dorchester Publishing (Lovespell)

Editorial Reviews
Review
...Powerful Magic is a spellbinding tale of magic,love, and destiny. -- Reader to Reader

Karen Whiddon has written a winner here - love, excitement, and fantasy all rolled into one fun story! -- The Road to Romance

Ms. Whiddon has created a romantic tale about a battered woman's return to self-wo
Published (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Powerful Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powerful Magic

Shirley
Every once in a while a book will totally take you by surprise. Powerful Magic falls into that category. I love it when that happens. :)

This is going to be a hard review to write, simply because I don’t want to give too much away. There are so many twists, turns and secrets slowly revealed that happened as the story unfolded. *sigh*

Megan finds herself thrown into the past. She’s instantly attracted to Kenric, her unwilling savior. Kenric, however, has no time for anything other than his own pers
Randi
The story is about a woman who went back 900 years to meet a man. She was fearful that he would hit her like her modern fiancee that she was meeting to break it off. Turns out that Kenric (the man 900 years ago) isn't the type who hit women. All Kenric wanted was a land to call his own. Megan told him in a fib for her safety that if he would return her to her fiancee, the fiancee would give him land.

They went on a journey together through the realms of Earth and Rune (fairy). With Megan, Kenric
Kate
Though the modern world disappears along with everything she's ever known, the powerful warrior who appears sets Megan afire like none she's ever known.
「サン」δυηηу
Actual Rating: 1.5 STARS!

description
Linda Ramos
I enjoyed the time travel to assist in a legend to save Rune and the world. Roger wanted to marry Megan for her inheritance. The money would get him out of debt. He finds out Megan has willed her fortune to charity. Roger is very abusive and enjoys the pain he dishes out to Megan. Megan decides to tell Roger she is calling off the engagement but lightning struck transporting her to another time. She is transported to a cave with a Kenric. Together they journey to save Rune through true love, tru ...more
Julie
so bad cannot even rate it
Cat
Although there were many errors throughout this book, I liked the story behind it. And even though I think things were resolved much too easily (and with the same answer), I definitely get the point.

Chemistry between the two protagonists was good, though a little too obvious. Other than that, the read was a bit longer than I expected but moved quickly. There's character growth from both Megan and Kenric, which is always a plus in my book.
Angela

I enjoyed the story, but I have to say it was a struggle to make myself read past the first page. I know this was self-published and free, but I really had a tough time with the misspellings and incorrect word choices. Also, I have never in my life read a work if fiction where words were underlined. Fragmented sentences were also a big issue. This author
Would benefit greatly from the skill of a good copy editor.
Judy Wise
This was a little diferent from my usual reads. It is a time travel with the different in times begin our time about 1065, and they have the good guys and the bad guys and faierys. Proves that love is the answer.
Jessica
This was a great book. It is a very cute love story if you don't mind a little romance in there too :) I would recommend this to someone who likes fantasy stories with a good love story.
Stacy
It was a good book. Fantasy Romance with magic, faeries, time-travel, etc. Very captivating and I like how she put a modern-day twist into a "historical" romance.
Tasha
Oh i just found out this book is in a Series.... well dang i didnt know that anyways i have read this book more then once because i fell head over heels in love
Isis
Wonderful story of love divided by time and what has to be done to make it all work. I really enjoyed reading it.
Stephani
Completely awesome love story!!!!! Addicting and fun and very easy to read! Sexy characters and all~~~

Robin Barker
i would recommend this book to all readers it was a very good read.

Erotic Horizon
Powerful Magic (The Magic Series, Book 1) by Karen Whiddon (2005)
Eleanor Merry
wonderful time travel story along with faeries. Loved the story
Wrathsqueen
I loved this book, I just couldn't put it down.
Tam Cooke
its interesting so far
It was a good love story
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • George & the Virgin
  • Incredible Dreams
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Into The Woods
  • Phantom in Time
  • Gwen's Christmas Ghost
  • The Eighth Sea
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Lovers and Beloveds
  • If I Can't Have You
  • A Twist of Fate
  • Warrior's Bride (The Stones of Destiny, #2)
  • Fairytale (Fairies of Rush, #1)
  • A Moment In Time
  • Lightbringer (Celestial Affairs, #1)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Sword of the Raven
Karen Whiddon spun fanciful tales for her younger brothers as early as the age of eleven. Growing up in the Catskill Mountains of New York, then the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, she found enough magic in the rugged peaks to keep her imagination fueled for years.

Now making her home in North Texas, she shares her life with her hero-like husband and three doting dogs. She writes paranormal tales for
More about Karen Whiddon...

Magic (4 books)
  • Shadow Magic
  • Soul Magic
  • Lone Star Magic
Touch Of The Wolf (The Pack #6) Wild Wolf (The Pack #9) One Eye Open (The Pack, #1) Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5) Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)