Start by marking “Powerful Magic (Heartspell)” as Want to Read:
Powerful Magic (Heartspell)

Powerful Magic (Magic #1)

Kenric of Blackstone is tormented. Not entirely human, he cannot live with his past or with that he truly is. When he is needed to help in a battle that could destroy the Earth, it is Megan who gives him strength, Megan whose kisses heal him....

In a strange land and time, it became clear to Megan Potter why she'd been summoned. This wasn't about Faerie prophecies or wizard
Published (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Powerful Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powerful Magic

Randi
Oct 23, 2012 Randi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is about a woman who went back 900 years to meet a man. She was fearful that he would hit her like her modern fiancee that she was meeting to break it off. Turns out that Kenric (the man 900 years ago) isn't the type who hit women. All Kenric wanted was a land to call his own. Megan told him in a fib for her safety that if he would return her to her fiancee, the fiancee would give him land.

They went on a journey together through the realms of Earth and Rune (fairy). With Megan, Kenric
Shirley
Mar 09, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it
Every once in a while a book will totally take you by surprise. Powerful Magic falls into that category. I love it when that happens. :)

This is going to be a hard review to write, simply because I don’t want to give too much away. There are so many twists, turns and secrets slowly revealed that happened as the story unfolded. *sigh*

Megan finds herself thrown into the past. She’s instantly attracted to Kenric, her unwilling savior. Kenric, however, has no time for anything other than his own pers
Linda Ramos
Mar 24, 2012 Linda Ramos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the time travel to assist in a legend to save Rune and the world. Roger wanted to marry Megan for her inheritance. The money would get him out of debt. He finds out Megan has willed her fortune to charity. Roger is very abusive and enjoys the pain he dishes out to Megan. Megan decides to tell Roger she is calling off the engagement but lightning struck transporting her to another time. She is transported to a cave with a Kenric. Together they journey to save Rune through true love, tru ...more
Angela
May 30, 2012 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed the story, but I have to say it was a struggle to make myself read past the first page. I know this was self-published and free, but I really had a tough time with the misspellings and incorrect word choices. Also, I have never in my life read a work if fiction where words were underlined. Fragmented sentences were also a big issue. This author
Would benefit greatly from the skill of a good copy editor.
Cat
Feb 26, 2012 Cat rated it liked it
Although there were many errors throughout this book, I liked the story behind it. And even though I think things were resolved much too easily (and with the same answer), I definitely get the point.

Chemistry between the two protagonists was good, though a little too obvious. Other than that, the read was a bit longer than I expected but moved quickly. There's character growth from both Megan and Kenric, which is always a plus in my book.
Judy Wise
May 01, 2012 Judy Wise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a little diferent from my usual reads. It is a time travel with the different in times begin our time about 1065, and they have the good guys and the bad guys and faierys. Proves that love is the answer.
Isis
Feb 25, 2012 Isis rated it really liked it
Wonderful story of love divided by time and what has to be done to make it all work. I really enjoyed reading it.
Khandi Tumeo
Apr 02, 2013 Khandi Tumeo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story
Eleanor Merry
Oct 22, 2011 Eleanor Merry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
wonderful time travel story along with faeries. Loved the story
Robin Barker
Mar 27, 2012 Robin Barker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i would recommend this book to all readers it was a very good read.

Wrathsqueen
I loved this book, I just couldn't put it down.
「 Sunnie Rose 」
Actual Rating: 1.5 STARS!

description
Kate
Feb 17, 2015 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though the modern world disappears along with everything she's ever known, the powerful warrior who appears sets Megan afire like none she's ever known.
Jessica
Mar 31, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
This was a great book. It is a very cute love story if you don't mind a little romance in there too :) I would recommend this to someone who likes fantasy stories with a good love story.
Stacy
Mar 21, 2012 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book. Fantasy Romance with magic, faeries, time-travel, etc. Very captivating and I like how she put a modern-day twist into a "historical" romance.
PENNEY GANLEY
Feb 03, 2016 PENNEY GANLEY rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice reading.
Tasha
May 16, 2012 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh i just found out this book is in a Series.... well dang i didnt know that anyways i have read this book more then once because i fell head over heels in love
Erotic Horizon
Powerful Magic (The Magic Series, Book 1) by Karen Whiddon (2005)
Stephani
May 04, 2012 Stephani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely awesome love story!!!!! Addicting and fun and very easy to read! Sexy characters and all~~~

Shinta
Shinta rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Sabura Matthews
Sabura Matthews rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2012
Karrie
Karrie rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2015
Bridgett
Bridgett rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2015
Tanya Dibble
Tanya Dibble rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Sarah ~Book Addict~
Sarah ~Book Addict~ rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2011
Melissa Sennett
Melissa Sennett rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Candi
Candi rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Incredible Dreams
  • George & the Virgin
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • The Eighth Sea
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Dark Awakening (A Crimson City Novella)
  • Navarro's Promise, Styx's Storm, Bengal's Heart, Lion's Heat (Breeds #20, 21, 22, 24)
  • Into The Woods
  • Gwen's Christmas Ghost
  • Spellbound (Legend, #1)
  • Phantom in Time
  • A Twist of Fate
  • Wild Hearts
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Warrior's Bride (The Stones of Destiny, #2)
  • Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)
Karen Whiddon spun fanciful tales for her younger brothers as early as the age of eleven. Growing up in the Catskill Mountains of New York, then the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, she found enough magic in the rugged peaks to keep her imagination fueled for years.

Now making her home in North Texas, she shares her life with her hero-like husband and three doting dogs. She writes paranormal tales for
More about Karen Whiddon...

Magic (4 books)