Start by marking “Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03” as Want to Read:
Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03

Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03 (Kamisama Hajimemashita #3)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  2,347 ratings  ·  38 reviews
A divine comedy!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T
Nanami has been missing a lot of school because of her new duties at the shrine. But every time she goes to class, something seems to go wrong! And now her instinct to rescue animals has turned and bit her on the wrist! Is she marked for life...or death?!
Published June 7th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 03

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriYotsuba&!, Vol. 02 by Kiyohiko AzumaLibrary Wars by Kiiro YumiSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraNisekoi by Naoshi Komi
Funny Manga's
30th out of 106 books — 5 voters
Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1 by Peach-PitI Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 01 by Ema TōyamaAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRoseKitchen Princess, Vol. 01 by Natsumi AndoFull Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 by Arina Tanemura
adorable/cute manga's
56th out of 94 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
I've been reading this series only for a short time now, and can't help but to compare it to InuYasha. Not just at first glance but some what the story line as well. But as I've said I'm only on the second or third volume so far. But so far so good. If you loved InuYasha or traditional Japanese folklore and demon stories, mixed with sillyness, action and a touch of romance you'll like it.
Emmy Lou
Nanami is in trouble once again - a white snake has marked her as his bride! Tomoe is desperate to keep his master safe, so he enrolls in Nanami's school. Let the chaos begin!
Ashley Chen
FABULOUS! Full of laughter and romance! I really don't know what to say! Except for TOMOE!! I LOOOOOVEEEE YOOOUUUUU~~
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The story is getting weaker. Nanami is starting to act like the kind of girl I try to avoid reading in a manga: whiny, dependent, weak. Now she is falling in love with Tomoe, which happened too quickly for my taste. And she is starting to suffer because of that, with all the 'why does he not look at me the way he looks at other girls' etc.

There were things I liked in this volume: when Tomoe went to school disguised as Nanami, and that Tomow cut his hair. I did not like him with the long hair. A
Cavocorax
What's it about: The continuing adventures of Nanami! (She meets Mizuki, goes to a party to visit Himemiko, and Tomoe poses as her at school when she's too sick to go herself)

Why did I read it: Continuing the story

Favorite idea/part: I loved the chapter with Himemiko as I haven't seen that in the anime!

Overall: This volume was good, but it does seem like Nanami is falling for Tomoe too fast. IDK. That might just be me. I loved seeing Himemiko, and I feel sorry for Mizuki, but Mizuki totally gra
Shanna Hurd
This was really good. Nanami and Tomoe's relationship continues to develop. I love the artwork.
Amy Keeley
So, after a bit of a revelation in the last volume, Nanami can't seem to act normal around Tomoe. (Surprise, surprise.) It doesn't hurt that the himemiko of the swamp sees this obvious change and wants to encourage it, as a way of showing gratitude for Nanami's help in a previous volume.

This volume is a tad more predictable than the others, but the reason I gave it four stars is because of the backstory of the white snake shinshi introduced in this volume, the "switching roles" chapter when Nana
Gina
Dec 01, 2013 Gina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I really enjoy this manga. The characters are fascinating and the plot keeps me going
Kadie D♥
I started rereading the series from the beginning, am still reading :)
*Queen Diva*
Lol..... Tomoe as Nanami was fantastic!!

(view spoiler) Things like that get me excited because I ALWAYS hope for things to go south and turn bad after that... however, I know this is a shojo manga, so of course (view spoiler) because you know.... that's how real life works -_- But I just know one of these times one of these ma
S. J.
Aug 13, 2013 S. J. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage girls, people interested in manga
Recommended to S. by: Library
My Review of Volume One

My Review of Volume Two

*Manga Series This Reminds Me Of*
+ Inuyasha (Japanese Myths, Japanese Society and Religion, youki-complete with ears in humanesque form)
+ Fruits Basket (Main female character, some school stuff, basic Shojo aspects)

*Thoughts*
I'm torn on this volume. Seeing the catfish princess help make Nanami pretty in order to have Tomoe, who she's coming to love, notice her was sweet. I hope we see more of the princess. The white snake story I didn't much care for
Cathi
Ah, the gut twisting stages of early love. Even in the fantastical world of Japanese myth, it still makes me smile. This volume revved up the cresting possible relationship between the two main characters. The unspoken acts of love, the ones where another is simply there for one they care about, litter the pages.
Jenn
This has one of my favorite stories in it: the introduction of Mizuki, a white snake who shows an interest in out fair heroine, Nanami. I love how the relationships are developing and this volume even has a story that didn't appear in the anime, which was very interesting for me.
J.S. Bailey
I had a little trouble following the story in this one, but maybe that's just me. (And for the record, I *was* reading it in the correct direction).
Avery
That poor little snakey... I went up to my sister after reading this and wrapped my hand around her wrist. Then I told her it was a snake mark and that we were engaged. She just ignored me and continued watching "A Wrinkle in Time." Rude.
Himemiko is absolutely ADORABLE. I love her human form, I wish she was my little sister. I bet she'd understand about the snake mark... :'(
I want Nanami to become a stronger tochigami. I hate it when the female human is seen as only weak.
I wonder if this is als
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Been a while but now finally getting around to reading where I left off with series. This is one of them. And I only read two volumes in and finally the third. So yeah, pretty good volume this was. Art still good.
Kimiko
NO DUH YOU LOVE HIM! HOW CAN YOU NOT?
Rena McGee
Volume three of Kamisama Kiss opens with Nanami being invited to a party by Himemiko. Due to feeling very uncomfortable with the idea of Tomoe helping her put on a kimono, she attends the party in her school uniform. When they arrive at the party a number of carp princesses descend upon Tomoe, which makes Nanami very unhappy, however, she lets him go anyway.

Mely
The return of the catfish princes: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tomoe disguised as Nanami subject to the earnest courtship of Kurama: ++

The Nanami/Tomoe romantic plot: whatever. Pretty much everything about this series is better than the relationship between its leads.
Kate
Priscilla
I wonder what happened in the past between Tomoe and that girl. I'm sure that it must be realted with the change in tomoe's personality.
Jane Francis
Didn't care for the last 2 or so chapters of this volume as much as I did the others, but still good otherwise!
Leah Webber
In volume three, our heroine Nanami is kidnapped by a snake man who is the servant of another diety.
Carito Cárdenas guevara
Lloré con este anime/manga... es demasiado hermoso y el final quedó muy bueno
VampireAngelSadist
I am really loving this series.
ON TO THE 4th BOOK!
Lottie Eve
4.5 Stars
I love Mizuki's character design sooo much.
Kimberly
Super cute. Must buy for the library.
Sue
Oct 08, 2012 Sue marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this remember me inu x boku ss
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 07
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 4 (Dengeki Daisy, #4)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 03 (Dawn of the Arcana, #3)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 15 (Black Bird, #15)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 2
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 12
Julietta Suzuki (鈴木 ジュリエッタ Suzuki Jurietta, born December 6) is a Japanese manga artist born in Fukuoka Prefecture.
Her first series, Akuma to Dolce is on hiatus, but ran in Hakusensha's Hana to Yume, while her third and current series, Kamisama Kiss is currently serialed in the same magazine.

Personal
Julietta Suzuki was born on December 6 in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. Her pen name comes from a char
More about Julietta Suzuki...

Kamisama Hajimemashita (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 01
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 08
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 09
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 10
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 11
Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 01 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 02 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 04 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 05 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 06