Start by marking “Horrible Harry and the Mud Gremlins” as Want to Read:
Horrible Harry and the Mud Gremlins

Horrible Harry and the Mud Gremlins (Horrible Harry #15)

When Harry comes to school wearing a necklace, the whole class is intrigued. Harry opens the necklace and reveals a mini-microscope&150perfect for looking at the mold experiment Room 3B is working on! Everyone wants to try it, so Harry promises to show them a kingdom of mushrooms at recess. But there is one catch. They will have to go outside the playground fence, whic ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Puffin Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Horrible Harry and the Mud Gremlins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrible Harry and the Mud Gremlins

Ka Youa

This book is about Harry and his friends. The plot of the story is that Harry came to school one day wearing a necklace. His classmates and friends were very surprised to see him wearing a girly necklace. Everyone wanted to try and find out about his necklace, so Harry told them that he will have to show them a kingdom of mushrooms during recess. However, in order to do that, he would have to break a school’s rule. His friends and Harry decided to break the school rule and went anyway to find ou
Dolly
Mar 29, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another interesting story in the Horrible Harry series by Suzy Kline and Frank Remkiewicz. We've read several of the books in this series and found them to be funny, short, and entertaining.

This story features Harry and his friends going on an unofficial field trip to look at mushrooms. The children learn the importance of telling the truth,too. Overall, it was an entertaining and short book and we enjoyed reading it together. We will be sure to read more of the books in this series soon
Sydney
Dec 13, 2006 Sydney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
harry wears a necklace to school and sydney tells him he looks like a girl. inside the necklace is a mini magnifying glass. harry tells them there is a kingdom of mushrooms outside the fence. but they would get in trouble if they go outside. so harry finds a way to do it without getting caught. they get caught in the end because the dirt left footprints in the school carpet and they have to apologize to the teacher.
Marlee
Feb 15, 2014 Marlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are quick and easy to read. They capture the attention of my 6 and 9 year olds. They find them funny and engaging. They aren't that captivating for adults, but a lot of fun to share with children. Our family is really enjoying this series. This one was just as quick and fun to read as the others.
LeeAnn
Apr 01, 2014 LeeAnn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun little book! Now I see what all the excitement is about! My 2nd-graders have been eating these books up for the past month, so I decided it was time to try one for myself. Just too see what all the fuss is about. It was great! I bet the kiddos see themselves in the characters, and their teacher, too! (Glad I'm their librarian!) Can't wait to see which one they grab next!
Jerome
Mar 14, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny tale where Harry uses the class recess time to try to get the other kids to break the rules. He is also searching for a mushroom kingdom. Obviously, the teacher finds out and forces the kids to own up to it.
Mare
May 27, 2015 Mare rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK story. The narrator tells the story of Harry teasing the class bully & about sneaking across the play ground to investigate "Mud Gremlins". The kids learn lying is bad.
Melissa Namba
cute but I'm not sure it's believable. I mean, I cut school a lot as a kid, but to sneak out to look at mushrooms? I do like the emphasis on science and gross things being cool.
NaImah Campbell
NaImah Campbell rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Ajain16
Ajain16 rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Emily Clevidence
Emily Clevidence rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Sidikha
Sidikha rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2009
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Andd Becker
Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Michelle Alvarez
Michelle Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Esme
Esme rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2009
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
May 04, 2008
Holly Boyce
Holly Boyce rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Shalini Noronha
Shalini Noronha rated it did not like it
Feb 03, 2014
Sebastian Naquin
Sebastian Naquin rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Tina Nguyen
Tina Nguyen rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2011
Jacquelynn Parent
Jacquelynn Parent rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Christopher Jr.
Christopher Jr. rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Kieran
Kieran rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2011
Sanam
Sanam rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • The Talent Show from the Black Lagoon
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Nerdy Nephew
  • Sadie and the Snowman
  • Arthur's Mystery Envelope (Arthur Chapter Book, #1)
Suzy Kline, nee Weaver, was an elementary school teacher for 25 years and most of her books are based on the experiences she had while teaching. Suzy and Rufus got married and had two daughters named Jennifer and Emily. Now, more than 24 years after writing her first book, Suzy has traveled all over the United States helping children learn how to enjoy reading and writing.
More about Suzy Kline...

Horrible Harry (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Horrible Harry and the Ant Invasion