Burpee Complete Gardener: A Comprehensive, Up-To-Date, Fully Illustrated Reference for Gardeners at All Levels

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Burpee Complete Gardener is a comprehensive gardening bible, packed with solid information and sound advice from a team of gardening experts. It is an up-to-date, fully illustrated reference for gardeners at all levels.
Published November 27th 1995 by John Wiley & Sons (first published November 13th 1995)

Tina Hayes
Jul 05, 2008 Tina Hayes rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: gardeners
I use this book as a reference each year when planning my gardening. It covers all the categories of plants, including Roses, annuals, perennials, ground cover, vegetables, herbs, and vines. Beautiful color photographs make identifying plants a snap, plus it gives information on each plant concerning how to grow it, uses, light requirements, and more.
Anthrodiva Stommen
Okay, I actually reas Burpee: The Simple Garden 100 steps. But this one is the closest I found. Good info, nice layout, not a lot I didn't know before, but would be a good guide to someone just getting started. It's fairly traditional, though wide ranging, they include both no-dig and double dig options, for instance.
David Ward
Burpee Complete Gardener: A Comprehensive , Up-To-Date, Fully Illustrated Reference For Gardeners At All Levels by Maureen Heffernan (John Wiley & Sons 1995) (635.0). This is an informative and useful "how-to" guide which is geared more toward the less experienced gardener. My rating: 7/10, finished 2006.
Terri
Joni
Joni added it
Jul 31, 2011
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2010
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2009
Renee
Renee added it
Jan 10, 2009
Fairy Houses of the Maine Coast Burpee Seed Starter: A Guide to Growing Flower, Vegetable, and Herb Seeds Indoors and Outdoors Burpee Garden Cyclopedia: A Concise, Up-to-date Reference For Gardeners At All Levels Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens: A People's Garden Native Plants for Your Maine Garden