Start by marking “The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth” as Want to Read:
The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth

The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  26 reviews
High school sophomores Jack Morrow and Violet Ross don't know each other, but they have similar secrets: she can feel the emotions of others and when he touches people, he can see their future. A tragic accident thrusts them into a world where they learn an even bigger secret: all the mythical beings they believed to be fictional are real. Guided by prophecies predicting t ...more
Published April 6th 2011 by Create Space (first published March 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Twin Prophecies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twin Prophecies

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling
Books I Stayed Up All Night Reading!
255th out of 612 books — 750 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMy Lady Love by Bridgitte LesleyCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Grey Curse by Krista Kelley
Must Read Books
102nd out of 231 books — 257 voters

More lists with this book...

K Denise
This book, this story, the characters, the setting, everything about this book was well thought out and was written with great detail. The writer developed the characters beyond my imagination. She went beyond vampires and werewolves but introduces freaking Fairies! How awesome is that. I remember wanting to be a vampire. Forget vampires, I'm all about the Fairy. Don't get me wrong, I like the badass vampire that holds her own. I found myself unable to put my iPad down.
Tasha
Hmm..... I always check out reviews before I start a book, and this book looked quite promising. Ugh, no. Just no.

The characters were flat, to say the least. The storyline seemed like a good idea in the beginning, but no. I'm wondering what all the fuss is about this book.
Jul
May 14, 2011 Jul rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Adults
When I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to be just another Twilight-like vampire book. I'm so glad that I gave it a chance because it turned out to be everything that Twilight was not. This book has great characters, a greatly paced plot, left me wanting more and, most importantly, no sparkly vampires!

I loved the interactions of the characters. You could see the gradual evolution of Jack and Violet's relationship from two strangers to siblings. Perez does a great job of paintin
Rosangela
With so many YA books out there about vampires and witches and werewolves, Ms. Perez is able to make a book about all of them (and then some) and outshine the rest. The way this book is written not made it easy for me to see everything with my mind's eye, it will have me wondering about the people I run into for the next few days. Ms. Perez does an incredible job of blending fantasy into reality. I am a super fast reader so, as soon as I was done, I started right over. What a great book. The res ...more
Shannon Mccallister
I've been reading Nina's work online for a couple of years and she is a smart, relatable writer. This book is something even I didn't realize she was capable of. While it is geared for the YA group (and I will be sharing this with my 11-year-old for certain) any adult who follows the supernatural genre will find this an easy, enjoyable read. There is a fantastic blend between mythology and current technology that I haven't seen attempted in any other novel with this success. I finished it in les ...more
Joseph
This is a spectacular story that may be written for the YA crowd, but it has an intriguing story that anyone would find interesting and wrapped up in. It's very well written, the characters are developed nicely, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. It's a great start to a great adventure, and I look forward to losing myself in their further adventures.
Vanessa Roberts
{EAV_BLOG_VER:d33788ccc96886b9}

This is everything you want in Young Adult fiction. A fresh concept, well executed, full character development. I highly recommend this book to all fans of the YA Fantasy Genre. I can't wait for Nina to finish and publish the next one!
Amy
Nina Perez takes supernatural to a whole new level and origin in this original and fun novel. The dialogue and visual imagery will end up making a fantastic movie and the fact that this is the first in a series is very exciting...I cant wait for the next one to come out!
Tahnee Turner
A surefire way to tell if the first book of a series is a hit is how fast after you turn the last page do you hop on the computer to see what the status is on the next book. In my case, it was record timing. Move over Twilight....Rebirth is the next best thing!
Linda
This book of supernatural beings and young adults discovering their special powers, all add to an exciting read by author Nina Perez. This first book in a series about waging a war against "unspeakable evil" is sure to capture the attention of the reader.
Nicole
I am done with the 1st book of the series and I kept wondering is when is book 2, 3 & 4....so on! I need a Movie series ! I was picturing faces, wondering who would play who! OMG I LOVED IT! Great Writing Nina!
Flora
Apr 04, 2011 Flora rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Flora by: Nina Perez
This is the best YA book I have read in a long time. Love it! I am looking forward to the next one in this series! (I read this on my Kindle, but will be buying the paperback for my 15 year old son to read).
Trish zdarko
not too bad, its like harry potter meets twilight, loved the big print and double spacing on my old eyes:) will look forward to the second book
Alisha Baker
I really enjoyed this story. It has well developed characters and a great story line. I can't wait for the next one!
M.J. Heiser
The fictional worlds of supernatural creatures are riddled with clichés: The Romantic Poet Vampire, The Pixie Fairy, The Werewolf Brute, and The Reluctantly Bad Witch. There are only so many ways you can combine these monsters, and it seemed recently that all of those ways had been exploited. Then you started getting combinations: The Pixie Witch, The Fairy Brute, etc. That was fun for a while, but even that was played out and eventually failed to amuse.

So imagine my surprise when I realized tha
James
Nina's book kept me engrossed over three fast-paced nights. From the first page onwards I was caught up in Violet's and Jack's world. From the death of their parents to their discovery of hidden powers, and the threats to their lives because of their heritage, Ms Perez doesn't let her debut novel sag at any stage. She populates the story with believable but impossible characters. We have fairies, werewolves, vampires and witches, some allied with humanity, others not, all central to a conspiracy ...more
Samone Black
Its not often I read a fantasy book and enjoy it. When I first read the synopsis, I was a little worried that it was going to be `yet another vampire book'. The calibre of the authoring makes this one a cut above the rest and I eagerly await the next instalment. I am recommending it to all my friends and they too are impatiently waiting for the next book to be written. The writing is superb. The author really excites the imagination, by transporting the reader to the world of the twins and the s ...more
Melissa Benson
My friends are some very talented writers, and Nina is no exception. Vioet and Jack, are very believable characters mixed with the right amount of whimsy and realism from the modern teenage life, and stirred in with some magic and fantasy. The pace is just enough to keep you coming back even when you set the book down. It stays in your mind and you have to know what happens next!

She develops the characters marvelously and really lets you feel what they feel. Her gift of storytelling is amazing a
Diedre
I had such high hopes for this one. Dimensional characters and a unique plot are what makes a book unforgettable. This book lacked character development. More background on the protagonists could have been very helpful. It didn't really matter what happened to the two main characters because they weren't developed and rounded. The story line wasn't original and the plot was predictable. The pivital points in the book seemed rushed and died out quickly. I didn't feel that the climax was well outl ...more
Theresa
Great read! This is a YA book for all ages. The storyline and strong characters grab you early on and carry you through a solid plot line that isn't transparent in the usual YA way. The ending leaves you feeling fulfilled, but still leaves you looking forward to the next installment. This book is new and fresh in an over saturated genre. The Twin Prophecies: Rebirth has all the makings for a exciting new series!
TJ
It wasn't my cup of tea...
Linda
The story itself was pretty good but for me the writing was a little amateurish. I found it hard to concentrate on the story because I kept being distracted by the awkwardness of the writing.
Mark Kedziora
I normally only read books with pictures. That's the way i roll. They are not needed here. Nina paints wonderful images with her words! Looking forward to book 2 and 3
Tennille
What a fun read! I really liked the characters and will enjoy seeing what happens to them in the future. I am looking forward to reading the next one!
Mary
This looked promising. But the fat shaming in the first chapter was just unnecessary. Gross.
M.J. Heiser
Jun 22, 2011 M.J. Heiser marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just started last night. I'll be updating as I get deeper into this.
Saqafat Hussain
Saqafat Hussain marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
  • Origins (Demonkin, #1)
  • Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)
  • Doorway to the Triquetra (Children of Atlantis, #1)
  • Progeny (The Children of the White Lions, #1)
  • The Judging (The Corescu Chronicles #1)
  • Vision
  • Fathers & Sons (Forts, #1)
  • Failing Test (The Shadow Series, #1)
  • Distract My Hunger
  • Dante's Journey
  • Anathema (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow Man (Prince Andy and the Misfits, #1)
  • Mammon (The Ferryman Chronicles, #1)
  • Amaretto Flame
  • Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1)
  • Griffin Rising (Book One) (Griffin #1)
  • Glory
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
Nina Perez is the author of a YA series of books, "The Twin Prophecies," and a collection of essays titled, "Blog It Out, B*tch."

Her latest books, a contemporary romance 6-book series titled Sharing Space, are now available on Amazon.com for Kindle download.

She's also the founder of Project Fandom.com, a website devoted to pop culture from a geek's point of view, and co-host of their podcast, Po
More about Nina Perez...
Roommate Wanted (Sharing Space, #1) Family Ties (Sharing Space #2) Taking Chances (Sharing Space, #4) Slow Burn (Sharing Space, #3) Winter Wishes (Sharing Space, #5)