Start by marking “Pet Shop Boys, Literally” as Want to Read:
Pet Shop Boys, Literally

Pet Shop Boys, Literally

The Pet Shop Boys are one of the most successful pop groups of the 1980's. They are frequently seen as obsessively reserved and secretive. "Pet Shops Boys Literally", written with their co-operation, shadows them around Hong Kong, Japan and Britain on their 1989 tour, showing two pop stars in unusally intimate detail as they work, relax, gossip, argue and, every now and th ...more
Published August 21st 1992 by Da Capo Press (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Pet Shop Boys, Literally, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pet Shop Boys, Literally

Jeanne
Aug 06, 2007 Jeanne rated it did not like it
my brother and i were huge fans and read this when we were kids... i am giving it a one star cuz years later, we feel cheated--they claimed that they are straight in the book... who are we kidding?
Marcin Wichary
Feb 22, 2012 Marcin Wichary rated it it was amazing
“Likewise on-stage in Hong Kong the Pet Shop Boys again do their bet no tot look triumphant. It’s obvious in Chris’s nonchalant wave as he leaves the stage after ‘Paninaro’; it’s obvious in Neil’s embarrassed half-waves and quiet ‘thank yous’; it’s most obvious of all in Chris’s habit of standing still during the songs and then, when the lights go down between each, when no one can see him, having a dance in the dark ‘because it’s so exciting’.”

In the 1980s and 1990s I was in love with the Pet S
Thomas Hocknell
Dec 04, 2014 Thomas Hocknell rated it it was amazing
AS with everything they do, they do it properly. Shocked at the reality of having Chris Heath recording their every more, instead of asking for a glossier take, they agree to publish it. Warts and all. Good for them. Beats the usual bland biography
Aylin Laurie
Sep 10, 2014 Aylin Laurie rated it it was amazing
I love this ♥
Andrew
Oct 04, 2013 Andrew rated it it was amazing
"So in what way don't the Pet Shop Boys fit in?
Neil:
We give off very confusing signals. To be successful in a mass market you have to have one very simple idea. Bruce Springsteen basically is 'I'm a man – an American man. And I care.' That's it, the whole idea. George Michael is 'I wear a black leather jacket. I'm kinda sexy, but I'm sensitive.' Madonna is 'I've got attitude, honey.' Michael Jackson is 'I'm weird but I can dance. And I'm incredibly talented. And (he laughs) I'm actually rather
Fred Langridge
Jul 29, 2016 Fred Langridge rated it really liked it
The author was invited to accompany the Pet Shop Boys on their 1989 tour (their first live gigs) and to write this book about them and the tour. It's pretty easy reading, funny in places, and is an interesting historical artifact, especially in the number of ways they can allude to being gay without actually saying it.
Blue Dogstar
Mar 20, 2013 Blue Dogstar rated it really liked it
I collect pop music biographies and this one is very good. If you are a Pet Shop Boys fan it's essential.The Pet Shop Boys were touring for the first time as the book was being written. They travel through Hong Kong and Japan accepting gifts of Armani underwear from mobs of screaming fans.
Sydne
By Gosh, I wish I could have been Chris Heath and written that book- he should have paid for the privilege to have his own comedy show run in front of him. Neil's dry, yet stinging humour and Chris's direct hits make up a hilarious mixture for fans and not fans. Absolutely fabulous!
Christen
A must for all Pet Shop Boys lovers! Also a great book for anybody who wants to understand why I love the Pet Shop Boys so much; the book does a fantastic job of getting inside their minds.
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2008
Jeff K
Jeff K rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2011
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
John
John rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2008
Seth Foley
Seth Foley rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Tess Majestic
Tess Majestic rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2014
Will Harris
Will Harris rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2007
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Jonah
Jonah rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Johan Østergaard
Johan Østergaard rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
Sanna
Sanna rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Ben Kessler
Ben Kessler rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2011
Dolly
Dolly rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2007
Carl
Carl rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2011
Riaz
Riaz rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Niklas Pivic
Niklas Pivic rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2009
Christopher Beckett
Christopher Beckett rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2011
Arlene
Arlene rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2010
otaku
otaku rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please change description of book 2 47 Jan 21, 2016 05:10AM