The Handweaver's Pattern Directory

The Handweaver's Pattern Directory

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A comprehensive introduction to the tools, equipment, fibers, and yarns used with four-shaft looms, this reference features patterns for 600 different weaves, including twill, zigzag, diamond, herringbone, and block. Color photographs and large-scale drawings allow weavers to closely examine the details, and the compact size and lay-flat binding is convenient for keeping n...more
Spiral-bound, 256 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

Rachel
Feb 02, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: weavers
Shelves: fiber-arts
This book is full of easy to follow patterns, clear examples, and more weaves than you know what to do with. I only have a four shaft, six treadle loom and I now have so many patterns to learn. It's a great reference and I'm thrilled to add this to my fiber arts collection.
Leslie
Excellent graphics, this book provides a wealth of weaving patterns. It's a bit thin on theory (but it doesn't claim to provide theory so I don't hold that against the book. I found it inspiring.
Carolyn
Awesome book.
It's easy to understand by a beginner like me. It has pictures of every pattern which is really nice since I'm not very good at projecting a pattern to what the cloth will look like.
Pretty too!
Lauren
Bought this year's ago when I started weaving - great great resource. Reminds me how much I need to get back in to it :P
Debbi
very helpful, great book. Make with the beginning in mind.
Tera
Tera added it
Jul 17, 2014
Shawn
Shawn added it
Jul 06, 2014
Tomlin
Tomlin is currently reading it
Jun 02, 2014
Trudi
Trudi added it
May 04, 2014
Mahekfatima
Mahekfatima marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Weaver's Inkle Pattern Directory: 400 Warp-Faced Weaves Handweaver's Pattern Book: The Illustrated Guide To Over 600 Fabric Weaves Blue Peter: Book 30 TISSAGE : 600 DIAGRAMMES Baltic Style Patterns On The Inkle Loom