Start by marking “Get Lucky” as Want to Read:
Get Lucky

Get Lucky (The Bounty Hunters #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  326 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Checking into a Colorado ski lodge for some serious downtime, bounty hunter Marc King wants nothing more than to cool off and chill out. But then he meets London Brooke. She's one of the hottest women Marc's ever met, and the sparks between them could melt the Rockies. But this beautiful, intelligent, and beguiling stranger is hiding a secret from Marc that could get them ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Get Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Lucky

Marc works for the family business…King Fugitive Apprehension. Marc King has not had a vacation in a while. He deserves this break. Marc takes of for some rest and relaxation in Aspen, Colorado. Though, Marc is not really looking to hook up with anyone while on vacation, he can not help but notice the sexy, woman at the front desk, who checks him in.

London Brooke works at the Elk Ridge Lodge. London notices Marc but does not act on the attraction. Besides, London receives a package that distrac
Christi Snow
My Review:
I didn't know what to expect from this book. I picked it up on a whim and it's from an author that I have never read before, but I was pleasantly was a fun, suspenseful read. It kept my attention and I actually had a hard time falling asleep because I was so into the book although it was super-late.

This is number 2 in the Bounty Hunters series. The suspense story line appears to be the real connecting thread throughout the series. I haven't read #1 (and honestly still ha
A good solid continuation of the King family focusing on Marc King.

I really don't have many complaints about Get Lucky. I liked how there was more interactions between Marc and London than there was in Play Dirty. Although the mystery was still there, I didn't think it over took the story like it did in Play Dirty. There was only one time I was reminded of the heavy mystery plot, but luckily it didn't last forever. My silly complaint is wondering why there is a Dodge Challenger on the cover whe
A review for The Romance Reviews:

Five stars for great romance, sizzling sexual tension, a gripping and suspenseful plot, and characters you can't help but love. Yeah, GET LUCKY is a hit.

This is the second installment of The Bounty Hunters series by Lorie O'Clare and the fun starts immediately. You don't have to read book one to understand GET LUCKY, but I can let you know that I enjoyed this one even better than the first.

Marc King, a bounty hunter from L.A., goes to Aspen, Colorado to get away
This is the sequel to Play Dirty and is Marc King and London Brooke's story. For the most part, I liked this book, though I was frustrated in that we don't really learn anything new regarding the infamous "Game" that is being played. In the previous book, the supposed mastermind behind it all is killed yet in book 2 it appears that the game is still being played in spite his death. While the "Game" appears to be an important plot point, we still know virtually nothing.

The main characters are wel
This book drove me nuts. First, the coincidences of their connections are too far-fetched. But living in Colorado, I just couldn't believe a desk clerk in Aspen could afford her own home, no matter how small. Plus you don't go for nature walks in January in the late afternoon/early evening and see anything - because it is dark. I really felt like the author knew little about the town in which the story was based, except what she got off Wikipedia. These annoyances led to me looking for problems ...more
Just started it out by the pool at the Place d'Armes here in the Big Easy...hard to read about a big snow storm while its 93F and super humid!

Just not great...not much more to say on that. I gave it away at the airport to a young university student...maybe she will like it more than I did (since it was free for her and all)...funny thing is, I wanted to love this book. Look at the cover, yummy!

The setting in Colorado was great (this student I gave it to was just starting in Denver this fall)...t
i reserve the right to change the 3 star rating. i'm not saying i didn't like the book. i did. again, i was left with questions and it's bugging the shit out of me.

what happened to his cell phone that was left on the bed at the lodge - it happened so early on in the story.

what happened to james huxtable????

this is like the second time that a character has been introduced and then like the snap of my fingers he's just gone. never to be mentioned in the story again. it wouldn't bother me if i did
Tabitha Totten
Love the action and the story line. The Bounty Hunters are wonderful. Their family loyalty to each other wonderful to read. I love this book.
Editing errors blatant and annoying enough to take the reader right out of the story.
OK this second installment was much better. London and Marc's story caught my interest and held it. I'm still not thrilled with the pet names & endearments - they still sound a bit stilted. Calling the women "lady" and "darling" and "dear" just seems a bit stuffy, but other than that, much better pacing & less repetition.
This was just ok for me. I really struggled with getting into the story. Maybe it was the writing style , but honestly I'm not sure. This is the second book that I have read from this author and it was the same with the other book as well. I wont be continuing this series.
Actually had a lot of depth to this romance novel. It was reasonably interesting plot and reasonable reactions to the plot. I enjoyed it. The writing was pretty good. Not as witty or as humorous as I like, but good none the less
Robin *loves sexy books*
A good 3.5 which I rounded to 4 because there was such great chemistry. Marc and London were a great pair. I liked this better than the first. I can't wait for Jake's book next and I really hope Natasha gets a book.
WOW! This book was better than the 1st in the series! I got into the story quickly, and it was excellent! Getting ready to read the 3rd in the series now, Stay Hungry!
Ann (Noumena12)
Enjoying this series...and interesting backdrop of gamesmanship...wondering how much we'll see it play out. Enjoyed Marc's story....maybe Jake's is next???
This book was decent but I found it was a bit slow in the beginning and took awhile to get into it.
Never read this author before, but it was good, looking forward to the next in the series!!
Way too wordy but much better than the first one in the series. Marc & London were hot!!
Sandy Lapole
this series is pretty cool. love the family series
Glenda Bettin
love that series, looking forward to reading the rest
Kay the Snitch Bitch
I liked it. A little unbelievable but okay.
This book was to predictable.
Not bad, just a bit over the top.
Totally AWESOME!!!!
Desiree is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2015
R added it
Sep 19, 2015
Danielle Taylor
Danielle Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Aarati marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
  • Riptide (Cutter Cay, #2)
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • Armored (Alfonzo, #14)
  • His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Into the Night
  • The Heart of a Killer (The Killer, #1)
  • Legally Hot
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • Zack (Armed and Dangerous, #1)
  • Worth the Trip
Also writes under the pen name Laurie Fitzgerald.

Lorie O'Clare was born in 1965 in San Diego, CA. She's the oldest of three children and for the first part of her life traveled with her family, living in many Midwestern states, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana and finally Kansas. She graduated from high school in 1983 as a junior and began her college life at age 17. She received a double major in English
More about Lorie O'Clare...

The Bounty Hunters (6 books)
  • Play Dirty (The Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Run Wild (The Bounty Hunters, #4)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • Hot Pursuit (The Bounty Hunters, #6)
Tall, Dark and Deadly (FBI #1) Play Dirty (The Bounty Hunters, #1) Long, Lean and Lethal (FBI #2) Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1) Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)