Start by marking “Alone Across the Arctic: A Woman's Journey Across the Top of the World by Dog Team” as Want to Read:

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In February 1993, eight sled dogs and one woman set out from Barrow, Alaska, to mush 2,500 miles. "Along Across the Arctic" chronicles this astounding expedition.
Published June 1st 2003 by Alaska Northwest Books (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Alone Across the Arctic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone Across the Arctic

Terri
Pam Flowers loves the arctic. And she decided to undertake a huge task - to cross the artic circle with her dog team. This is the story of that trip (with lots of great pictures). A very interesting read which I really enjoyed.
Arminzerella
Pam Flowers has always been kind of a loner. After finding herself in Texas, working at a career she didn’t particularly enjoy, she remembered her dream of one day moving to a “snowy vastness” and having adventures. She decided to quit her job and move to Alaska. She found work at the Howling Dog Farm and learned how to raise and train sled dogs. She took up dog breeding and mushing and competed in the Iditarod. During this time she also began planning her own expedition – she wanted to retrace ...more
Jeanne
This is an amazing story about Pam's trip across the Arctic.
Ginny
Quick and interesting read.
10-11 Isabella
I thought this book was just okay. It was interesting to read about Pam Flowers' adventures, but it was not really a topic that I really enjoy. I am not really into adventure in the wild.
Stacey
Read this with my 10 year old and we were both captivated with Pam & her dogs and their epic journey. Can't wait to meet her in person this spring at the library!
Margiemae
I heard Pam speak last week and was impressed with her courag and determniation. I am a dog sledding fan! I enjoyd going along with her on her travels.
C
Read this with J, now reading with E. Good modern woman adventure story, though I can never imagine the appeal of the arctic...
Cheryl
Fabulous true adventure story.
Toesnorth's mom
Dec 05, 2012 Toesnorth's mom added it
Shelves: mom-s
Why? Left me??
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jul 31, 2015
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Chantica
Chantica marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Ernestina Searle
Ernestina Searle marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Mischa
Mischa marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Kasey
Kasey marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Tad Deshler
Tad Deshler marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Sarah E.
Sarah E. marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Big-Enough Anna: The Little Sled Dog Who Braved Th Ellie's Long Walk: The True Story of Two Friends on the Appalachian Trail Ordinary Dogs, Extraordinary Friendships: Stories of Loyalty, Courage, and Compassion Douggie: The Playful Pup Who Became a Sled Dog Hero Ellie's Long Walk