Start by marking “Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence” as Want to Read:
Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence

Satisfy My Thirsty Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Presence

Women have an innate thirst for true, genuine intimacy. Author Linda Dillow believes that this desire is created--and can only be satisfied--by a relationship with God. This 12-week devotional Bible study encourages you to move from concept into practice and establish a lifestyle of worship. Find rest and freedom from stress and grief in God's forgiveness. Includes discuss ...more
Published February 27th 2014 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published June 14th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Satisfy My Thirsty Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satisfy My Thirsty Soul

Lauren Henderson
Jul 04, 2012 Lauren Henderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book. This book. It is amazing. It turned me into a Linda Dillow fan. For all of you women who enjoy Bible Study/self help books, this is extremely thought provoking - at times not what you want to be asked, but what you need to answer. So great. This book is about finding your fulfillment in God. I read it at a time when I desperately needed to check where my head was. Linda Dillow is so insightful. Her words are strengthening but tender. I still pick up this book now and then when I need ...more
Allison Ball
Apr 10, 2014 Allison Ball rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for a deeper connection with God? Are you wondering when this personal relationship is going to start feeling like a real relationship? Maybe going to church every Sunday morning and reading your bible daily aren't enough anymore. Maybe even your daily prayers are beginning to seem a bit redundant and seeming not to read past the ceiling.

If this sounds like you, then this book is for you.
I absolutely loved reading every page of this book.
Linda Dillow presented her self as transp
Joy
Apr 13, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful book on worship, soul-stirring and biblical. Worship is so much more than just singing a few songs on Sunday morning, it is a lifestyle of bowing our words, circumstances, hopes and dreams, and very life to the Almighty. Life-changing, one I will return to again and again.
Julie
Dec 20, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I will read/digest this more later. I cannot stop thinking about all the wisdom and truth here, and want to go back through the study as well. This is a lifestyle book!
Carrie
Apr 05, 2012 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We used this book for a bible study discussion group that meets pretty regularly. Throughout the book Linda uses many scriptural references and life experiences from a variety of people to support her points and help the reader grasp concepts. I thought this made it an easier read and helped me relate to what she was saying.

That said, some concepts or activities resounded with me while others simply did not. It was funny that what struck one person in our group as silly or strange would seem to
Ashlee
Apr 27, 2008 Ashlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Sunday School class is studying this one. And when i read the beginning I thought i would hate it. Her thoughts on God are not necessarily mine - she describes a level of intimacy that I do not associate with a being that i consider a father figure (great great grandfather really) All that to say if you have that level of intimacy it won't bother you at all and you will jump right in. If you don't; skip that part and go right into the study - you will be glad you did. It has really made me th ...more
Jodi
Sep 09, 2013 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Jodi by: Jamie Beall
A very satisfying read and I believe I got so much more out of it because I read it with some wonderful ladies in a Bible study group. It was so nice to connect with them and discuss each chapter weekly for 12 weeks! I did not necessarily make every change in the book, but I definitely grew over the three months we met to cover this book! Of course, I still need to grow more but I can see where I made progress!

I loved the book of James 3: 7-8 "For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles a
Charlesia
Jun 19, 2010 Charlesia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, favorites
Chapter 1

My desire to serve God was good, buy my priorities were out of order. God's Word clearly says that the first and most important thing is this: to love God with all of our being (Matthew 22:37-38). This is the first and greatest commandment. The second commandment is loving others, which includes ministry or works of service (Matthew 22:39). I had reversed these two commandments. It's so important to be able to say, I'm not primarily a worker for God; I am first and foremost a lover of G
Jenny
Aug 19, 2010 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow beginning, but so practical, and inspiring. Too many little stories, although they were helpful. She draws from a wealth of personal experiences, quotes, lives of others as well as scripture. She tended to give too many personal examples which made her sound super spiritual (but not prideful). I would have liked to have read more connections with Christ and the gospel at the end of the chapters because the desire to grow in worship is directly tied to how deeply one applies the good news in ...more
Kim Dempsey
Sep 21, 2015 Kim Dempsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know it looks like it took me forever to read this book, however, I was doing it with a group of ladies at our local church. Taking each chapter and breaking them down with numerous opinions was refreshing. Linda Dillow takes you deep into finding that "worship with Jesus" time.
She shares several stories from people she's come in contact with and uses every moment to worship and bow to Jesus.
I did enjoy this book very much, it will remain in my book collection for future reference.
Ashley Carmichael
A wonderful study with good practical advice on how to achieve and maintain intimacy with God. As Dillow says, "When we adore Him, worship becomes a completely personal love exchange between God and the worshipper!" This sums up the essence of the book. I also appreciated the mostly practical 12 week bible study that was included and not sold separately. Well done, Ms. Dillow.
Deborah
A lot about Dillow's writing style irritated me, but what I gained from her insights and the study portion at the end of the book far outweighs that. The way I approach prayer has already changed forever, and my understanding of worship has expanded. Beyond the book itself, what God taught me through it is priceless. How amazing is that?
Angie
Mar 14, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
I don't know if it is me or the book, but I had a hard time getting through it. Perhaps I'm not in a spiritual place right now that allows me to be open to these ideas, perhaps the writing is just not jiving with me. The concepts make sense and appear to be appropriate. This just didn't impact me like "Calm My Anxious Heart" did.
Nov 23, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking to meet God on a more intimate level, this is an incredible read to help you get there. Worship is more than just the thing we do at church once a week. It is a life position. I can honestly say that this devotional taught me how to worship. Reading this book and doing the bible study completely deepened my understanding of how God wants to relate to us.
Katie Swartley
I tried reading this book for a Bible study with my girls friends and it wasn't for us. We LOVED Calm my Anxious Heart but we agreed we'd need more life experience for this book. Saving it for years from now to try again.
Sherri
Aug 11, 2014 Sherri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book over and over and over. One time I read it only to immediately reread it. When I feel spiritually dry, it reminds me how to get back into His word and why I need to.
Pat
Mar 04, 2009 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Sunday school class read this book. It is good book, but I think that it is very hard to do the things it says.
Clintandkristin
May 08, 2014 Clintandkristin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most positively influential book of my year (second to the Bible) and among the top of my adulthood. Thankful for this book.
Cherise
Jan 08, 2013 Cherise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have ever read about worship and the intimacy of surrender. Definitely will re-read so I can hopefully absorb more!
Amanda
Jul 20, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
Very good, spiritually inlightening. Very hard concepts that leave you feeling both focused and depressed. Concepts you want to tackle but are sadly lacking. Christian Self Help.
Melissa
Jul 22, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to grow deeply in their relationship with God.
Deanna
Jul 23, 2012 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did this as a bible study with a friend. It opened up a whole new world of worship that I never knew before. Practical, insightful and worth the time.
Under whelming, mundane, not much new here. I disagreed with much of what she said:( I finished this in March but did not add it. I can not figure how to fix it so I am using this as a work around.
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2011
Persi Burzo
Persi Burzo rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2012
janice r moore
janice r moore rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Vera
Vera rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2010
Cathy Gilmore
Cathy Gilmore rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
  • He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
  • Beyond Belief to Convictions
  • I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service, and Faith
  • Damsels in Distress: Biblical Solutions for Problems Women Face

Linda Dillow is no stranger to publishing and adventure. She's the author of Creative Counterpart, Calm My Anxious Heart, and The Blessings Book. Linda and her husband Jody lived in Europe and Asia for 17 years training Christian leaders in closed countries with Biblical Education by Extension, During this time, Linda traveled extensively in Romania, Russia, Hungary, Poland and Asia. She taught wo
More about Linda Dillow...