Start by marking “Regan's Pride” as Want to Read:
Regan's Pride

Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans #11)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  969 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
At twenty, Coreen Tarleton had fallen hard for sexy millionaire cowboy Ted Regan. But his rejection had sent her running into the arms of another man, a decision she'd always regretted and an action Ted could never forgive.

But now Ted had a second chance with the widowed Coreen. And though she was far from the naive girl she'd been, her heart still belonged to Ted. But cou
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1994)

Julz
Booklover
This started out really well,it was dark intense emotional,the sufferings that Coreen went through which changed her completely yet i could'nt understand her love for Ted,even after the way he treats her so cruelly,humiliates her in every possible way she is not angry or bitter she just cries out and willows in self pity and goes away,a normal human being will get bitter IMO and then there's Ted the biggest fool for a hero i have ever come across,the way he blindly trusts and accepted what ever ...more
Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter
Alexis-Morgan Roark
jenjn79
Sep 09, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diana Palmer fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author
Typical Diana Palmer book with all her characteristic traits (naive, virginal heroine; battered, emotionally vacant hero; and the hero treating the heroine badly). But oddly enough, I really enjoyed this story, much more so than I have some of her other books that I've read recently. Coreen is the classic tragic heroine and Palmer really made you feel for her. Ted was a classic Palmer hero and he ticked me off at times, but at the same time, his actions made sense in a way. And of course, they e ...more
Cheesecake
Ted and Coreen. Pretty typical DP, not my fave but still enjoyable. Would have enjoyed it more if his grovel wasn't left so late in the story and she didn't cave so pathetically easily. (I have to admit to skimming some through the first half of the book)... hence the 3 stars and not 4.
Ted treats Coreen like poop when they were younger because he is attracted to her but she is 16 years younger. He is also scarred by his parents broken marriage... (view spoiler)
Karen
Feb 17, 2014 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Who writes such crap? I read about her husband treatment of her and got sucked in as it looked short enough to finish the book. Regan was a jerk and i waited to see him get human but I cried my eyes out for an hour thinking a hero of the story was such a huge douche and that poor gal was going to flinch the rest of her life because of his hard head arrogance and mean assness. He was not sexy at all! I am going to report this book to women's groups to avoid.
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
UPDATE: Re-read on 11 June 2016

I didn't remember this hero was so hateful. Terrible the way he treats our heroine who is a woman with no backbone. He goes to my list of the worst heroes of the author.

Regan's Pride (Diana Palmer)
"I want a woman," he said mercilessly. "You're handy. That's all it is."
==========
"You'll learn soon enough that we have to settle for what we can get in life. I'll send Billy for supplies from now on. And you'll find some excuse not to come out to the ranch to see Sandy.
Jodi
Jan 10, 2012 Jodi rated it did not like it
I like her books but not this. He treats her so poorly yet she is with him. With her back history sorry I feel she'd want some one that treats her better. This is not her best book. I could not finish reading last chapter as I did not enjoy story line.
Also wish ones of these days the age was not so huge between the two love interest and the girls were not untouched. That is not always the case. And how about in a book she makes the woman for change older and more worldly. I have now read about
Sheila Melo
May 20, 2015 Sheila Melo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic Diana Palmer with Jerk Hero Who Treats Innocent Heroine Poorly

THE STORY: Ted Regan cruelly spurned sweet, innocent Coreen and sent her into the arms of another man. Now a widow, Coreen Tarleton is no longer trusting. When he discovers that the past is different than he thought, he has deep regrets and wants a second chance that he might not deserve.

OPINION: This is a classic Diana Palmer with a sometimes cruel hero who hides his insecurities by verbally cutting the heroine. He is foolish
Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying Ms. Palmer's books. She has great character description and this was no exception. Ted and Doreen have their conflicts and sexual tension but eventually get past their barriers to the deepest level of their feelings.
Jolyn
Dec 11, 2011 Jolyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Woulda been higher but she kept talking about his silver hair, his grey hair and I couldn't stop picturing the sasparilla guy from the big lebowski. Needless to say, he ain't my type..
Amanda Sheila
Ted Regan's such a jerk but then again the way he begged for Correen's forgiveness is aaawingly romantic. Like seriously. I can't. Stop. Reading. Diana Palmer. I'm. Dying.
Dewi Read
May 13, 2011 Dewi Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this story...make me crying aloud ... ow i wanna kick ass the hero.... but the ending so sweeet...
garnetyuna
Dec 26, 2013 garnetyuna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
*shakes head* ಠ_ಠ
Katrina
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
I have some mixed emotions about Regan's Pride. While I loved the storyline and the concept of it I found it hard to connect with some of the characters. I even found it hard to find the emotional connections between the characters themselves.

Coreen and Ted's relationship is a confusing one at best. A huge age gap makes things difficult in the eye's of Ted so he deals with it by pushing Coreen away with nastiness and rudeness which in turn pushes her into a destructive relationship that doesn't
Dar
Nov 25, 2012 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy, 4-star-reads
Sometimes, the long, tall Texan in a book of the series makes you want to reach in and give them a slap - and this is one of those instances. Ted is cruel to Corrie because of their age difference forcing her into the arms of his jealous cousin who only wants her because Ted does. After years of mental and physical abuse, she is finally a widow and for some reason, and it is never explained why the characters think this happened, her husband leaves her financially at Ted's mercy for a year. Ted ...more
Consuela Rossetto
Jul 31, 2015 Consuela Rossetto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harmony
Nel momento stesso in cui Coreen Tarleton incontra lo sguardo orgoglioso di Ted Regan, fratello della sua migliore amica, capisce che sarà l'uomo che amerà per tutta la vita.

E non le importa nulla se Ted ha molti anni più di lei e sembra evitarla con ogni mezzo.

Coreen continuerà ad amarlo anche se, a causa delle disastrose condizioni economiche, si vedrà costretta a...
Kaycee Sapinoso
I absolutely adored Diana Palmer's works! She's an amazing writer!

And with Regan's Pride she gave us again another sweet, funny, heart-touching story; and lovable characters that you can relate to.

Coreen has been in love with her best friend's brother Ted Regan since she was barely twenty. But Ted pushed her away and taunted her.

Ted Regan wanted Corrie since the first time he saw her. But the huge age gap makes things difficult in the eye's of Ted so he deals with it by pushing Coreen away with
Cdee
Jul 01, 2014 Cdee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suha
Aug 23, 2014 Suha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
رائعة ..لم استطع تركها الا في الصفحة الاخيرة..شخصية غاي معقدة بفارق العمر بينه وبين لورين التي احبته
واستمرت في حبه حتى عندما رفضها..شخصية زوجها باري مقززة كله الصفات السلبية فيه..ساندي الاخت المحببة دورها مهم في تقريب الحقيقة ..
GuisBell
Y yo pensando que Ethan era el peor de todos pero no, Ted se lleva dos Oscares al mayor reverendo tonto, tomando decisiones equivocadas que de no haberlas tomado se hubiera ahorrado mucho muchísimo dolor :'(
Spinneretta
Working my way through the Long Tall Texans series by Diana Palmer. This was another typical romance of hers. Always sweet and typically with a great happily ever after at the end :)
Janie
Aug 07, 2015 Janie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3 stars.

I couldn't get into this book because of Regan, but will probably be rereading this soon.
Karen Geurts
I liked Coreen and Ted's story. Age differences do not always matter, where love is concerned.
Haneen allamey
It was good read
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
Titolo italiano "orgoglio e amore"
Jane
Aug 18, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked. All about communication.
Rachel
i'm reading these in order (as much as possible) and i thinks that they are all pretty good.

I liked this one because there were reasons for the way each felt. I think that the ending was too swift.

I did wonder how there would be a virgin involed after two years of marriage as most DP heroines are virgins.

All in all an enjoyable read very sweet and a little bit sexy.
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Just This Once
  • Northern Lights
  • A Promise of Love
  • You And No Other
  • The Greek's Innocent Virgin (Kouros Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #2)
  • Montana Secrets
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Once Forbidden (MacKendimen, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Bride (Botany Bay, #4)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Reluctant Bride
  • The Loving Trap
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1)
  • Savage Forest (Savage Romance, #1)
  • Lost Warriors (Conard County, #5)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Midnight Enchantment (Midnight, #4)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)