Start by marking “Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)” as Want to Read:
Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)

Emmett (Long, Tall Texans #10)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  767 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Single dad Emmett Deverell thought moving to Jacobsville, Texas, would mean "quality time" with his children. Then he realized the truth--his kids were uncontrollable! He knew the three little rapscallions needed a woman's influence. But the only female available was Melody Cartman...and Emmett trusted her about as far as he could throw her.

Melody's new charges were a forc
ebook, Harlequin Special Releases, 192 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Emmett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emmett

Jenny
Dec 27, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy. wish they had a baby though.
Laura Calderone
1a lettura 10 aprile 2012
rilettura sett. 2014
Emmett Deverell Melody Cartman
(cugino di Logan Deverell della serie "Most Wanted"
- questo libro non tradotto in Italia - Christopher Deverell
Ted Regan, Guy Fenton che si conosceranno nei prossimi libri)
B
Aug 29, 2015 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I felt like this was a slightly more modern DP. H wasnt quite an arse and he only occasionally smoked ;) There was a large age diff - h was 20 and H was in his 30s - seemed like late 30s. And boy did we get hit over the head about her being young. Calling her 'little one' constantly, plenty of emphasis on her virginity and his protectiveness. I liked that she wasn't a doormat; in fact, she seemed much more mature than he gave her credit for.
Savanah Fahrney-day
Real Life Romance

This is a cute story about letting go of the past, forgiveness, and love. It's one of the few romance books I've read where children don't magically disappear because the adults want intimacy, which really makes it believable. The hero and heroine both make mistakes, but have the best of intentions and work to overcome their issues. The very end made me laugh too.
Deedee
I'm happy that Emmet did get his own story. Cause he and his children were funny as heck in Case of the Missing Secretary. Also by the magnificent Diana Palmer.
Chantal Main
I did not like this book. She was given a raw deal with him. She is going to have all the work and none of the joy of having her own family because he has 3 already. I hated that! Even his ex wife who left her own kids get to have more and the heroine is left without anything but the leftovers from the ex. I have only read this book once and I would not even reread it.
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Texas 10
Acreditar Outra Vez
Diana Palmer

A história seria simples se não fosse as três crianças.

O pai Emmett é o tipo homem que deixou a educação das crianças a cargo da esposa e quando ela vai embora ele não sabe o que fazer.

Amy e Polk são demais, adoráveis, inteligentes e extremamente engraçados, me diverti muito com os dois.
Já Guy, o mais velho, sente todo o peso da separação dos pais, está perdido, ressentido e com muito medo.

Melody é um amor, apesar de ajudar a ex-mulher de Emme
Cdee
Jul 09, 2014 Cdee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I need to stop reading these romance books for a while, I just aren't over keen on the plots of the recent ones but hope that I can get back into them soon as I still have quite a few to read.
Betty Melton
Apr 16, 2014 Betty Melton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

makes a person never want children. Haha. A funny romantic caring story. building a relationship with children involved can be traumatic and this put it in perspective.
Spinneretta
A very funny edition to the Long Tall Texans series. Some laugh out loud moments from the terrible trio of children Emmett has.
Kasandra See
Jan 26, 2016 Kasandra See rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny. Can't imagine the Emmett and his children able to be tamed.
Janie
Decided to reread it recently, and this is definitely one of the funniest DP has written!! Such an entertaining read.
Aayesha Khatri
Once again, I found the story too short for any real development of feelings between the characters. What made it seem especially unrealistic was how how Melody loved Guy after the way he treated her. Love doesn't just come that deeply, or that intensely that fast.

That aside, it was an okay read.
Amanda Sheila
A little bit confusing at first. Mostly because Emmett hated Melody all of a sudden and that hate turns into love and I think it's kind of funny.
But I liked the element of children in this story. So cute. Too bad the story went too soon so it's not really my favorite.
Rachel
I thought this was different to most romances because of the three your kids.

THe story was sweet and i loved that Emmett was so sweet to Melody.

Emmett is a very strong hot man who actually admits he doesn't know it all
Julie C-f
I like Melody. I also like the children and their somewhat grumpy dad. It's probably just me but I am not one to readily accept an "instant" family with not just one but four children.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jan 16, 2012 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Every time I read her name (the heroine) I think about that little shi& from South Park!! LOL
nurmawati

emmet is hot !!! :D
Pat
Aug 22, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melody, Guy, Polk, Amy
Kara heffner
Kara heffner rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Ness
Ness added it
May 24, 2016
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Unique
Unique rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Michelle Garcia
Michelle Garcia marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Cynthia Marquez
Cynthia Marquez marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Natasha Underwood
Natasha Underwood rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
  • Polly
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Corbin's Fancy (Corbins, #2)
  • The Family Plan
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • Redemption (Beartooth, Montana, #2)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • The Wedding in White
  • Savage Surrender
  • Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Innocence (Three Rich Husbands, #3)
  • Mansion for My Love (Harlequin Presents, #567)
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)