Start by marking “Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)” as Want to Read:
Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)

Emmett (Long, Tall Texans #10)

Single dad Emmett Deverell thought moving to Jacobsville, Texas, would mean "quality time" with his children. Then he realized the truth--his kids were uncontrollable! He knew the three little rapscallions needed a woman's influence. But the only female available was Melody Cartman...and Emmett trusted her about as far as he could throw her.

Melody's new charges were a forc
ebook, Harlequin Special Releases, 192 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Emmett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emmett

Jenny
Dec 26, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy. wish they had a baby though.
Savanah Fahrney-day
Real Life Romance

This is a cute story about letting go of the past, forgiveness, and love. It's one of the few romance books I've read where children don't magically disappear because the adults want intimacy, which really makes it believable. The hero and heroine both make mistakes, but have the best of intentions and work to overcome their issues. The very end made me laugh too.
B
Aug 24, 2015 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I felt like this was a slightly more modern DP. H wasnt quite an arse and he only occasionally smoked ;) There was a large age diff - h was 20 and H was in his 30s - seemed like late 30s. And boy did we get hit over the head about her being young. Calling her 'little one' constantly, plenty of emphasis on her virginity and his protectiveness. I liked that she wasn't a doormat; in fact, she seemed much more mature than he gave her credit for.
Laura Calderone
1a lettura 10 aprile 2012
rilettura sett. 2014
Emmett Deverell Melody Cartman
(cugino di Logan Deverell della serie "Most Wanted"
- questo libro non tradotto in Italia - Christopher Deverell
Ted Regan, Guy Fenton che si conosceranno nei prossimi libri)
Deedee
I'm happy that Emmet did get his own story. Cause he and his children were funny as heck in Case of the Missing Secretary. Also by the magnificent Diana Palmer.
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Texas 10
Acreditar Outra Vez
Diana Palmer

A história seria simples se não fosse as três crianças.

O pai Emmett é o tipo homem que deixou a educação das crianças a cargo da esposa e quando ela vai embora ele não sabe o que fazer.

Amy e Polk são demais, adoráveis, inteligentes e extremamente engraçados, me diverti muito com os dois.
Já Guy, o mais velho, sente todo o peso da separação dos pais, está perdido, ressentido e com muito medo.

Melody é um amor, apesar de ajudar a ex-mulher de Emme
Chantal ❤️
I did not like this book. She was given a raw deal with him. She is going to have all the work and none of the joy of having her own family because he has 3 already. I hated that! Even his ex wife who left her own kids get to have more and the heroine is left without anything but the leftovers from the ex. I have only read this book once and I would not even reread it.
monica
Nov 25, 2016 monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emmett

Muy buena y interesante.emmett no quiere una relación estable después del fracaso de su matrimonio.siendo padre soltero tiene más que suficiente.pero se dará cuenta que alguien que siempre ha estado a su lado poco a poco será especial para el. Se sentirán atraídos pero primero tendrán que superar el pasado.muy buena la recomiendo.
Betty Melton
Apr 16, 2014 Betty Melton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

makes a person never want children. Haha. A funny romantic caring story. building a relationship with children involved can be traumatic and this put it in perspective.
Cdee
Jul 09, 2014 Cdee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I need to stop reading these romance books for a while, I just aren't over keen on the plots of the recent ones but hope that I can get back into them soon as I still have quite a few to read.
Rachel
I thought this was different to most romances because of the three your kids.

THe story was sweet and i loved that Emmett was so sweet to Melody.

Emmett is a very strong hot man who actually admits he doesn't know it all
Amanda Sheila
A little bit confusing at first. Mostly because Emmett hated Melody all of a sudden and that hate turns into love and I think it's kind of funny.
But I liked the element of children in this story. So cute. Too bad the story went too soon so it's not really my favorite.
Aayesha Khatri
Once again, I found the story too short for any real development of feelings between the characters. What made it seem especially unrealistic was how how Melody loved Guy after the way he treated her. Love doesn't just come that deeply, or that intensely that fast.

That aside, it was an okay read.
Pat
Aug 22, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melody, Guy, Polk, Amy
Julie C-F
I like Melody. I also like the children and their somewhat grumpy dad. It's probably just me but I am not one to readily accept an "instant" family with not just one but four children.
Mackenzie
Oct 14, 2016 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LTT #10
Janie
Decided to reread it recently, and this is definitely one of the funniest DP has written!! Such an entertaining read.
Kasandra See
Jan 26, 2016 Kasandra See rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny. Can't imagine the Emmett and his children able to be tamed.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Nov 23, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Every time I read her name (the heroine) I think about that little shi& from South Park!! LOL
Jane
Jul 25, 2016 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this one
nurmawati

emmet is hot !!! :D
Spinneretta
A very funny edition to the Long Tall Texans series. Some laugh out loud moments from the terrible trio of children Emmett has.
GuisBell
Jun 04, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Para tener una relación con Emmet hay que ser muy pero muy valiente y no lo digo por él sino por sus hijos :D
Tribefan
Tribefan rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Heather Schultheis
Heather Schultheis rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Feb 07, 2012
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
  • The Tycoon's Paternity Agenda (Black Gold Billionaires #1, Man of the Month #193)
  • Polly
  • Corbin's Fancy (Corbins, #2)
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)
  • Annabelle's Courtship
  • Mansion for My Love
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • The Family Plan
  • Prince Of The Desert (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #4)
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • The Wedding in White
  • Hester Waring's Marriage
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Betrothed (Montagues, #2)
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)