Start by marking “Evan” as Want to Read:
Evan

Evan (Long, Tall Texans #8)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,075 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews

Ever since she could remember, Anna Cochran had been passionately, shamelessly in love with tall, quiet Evan Tremayne. But the stubborn man was so focused on protecting her from rough-and-tumble cowboys like him that he wouldn't acknowledge the fierce yearning she awoke in him.
So it was up to Anna to draw Evan out of his shell and prove that she was the only woman for him
Published April 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Evan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evan

Chantal ❤️
5 I HATE THAT I LOVE YOU STARS!

This is the book that got me hooked on Diana Palmer's book. The first time I read this book was in my early teen years.
And I remember going
description

Anna was such a strong woman, who was worn down by the hero, Evan. I will explain: at the beginning she was obviously In love with Evan and had been for many years and was not put off by his ridicule and rejection. She kept hoping he would eventually see her and beginning to care about her.
However, when he throws back his ex
Jen
He moved one hand to his shirt and, holding her eyes, ripped the snaps open down the front, baring the bronze, muscular chest under its thick mat of dark, curling hair. "Touch me," he said curtly.
Her lips parted. She couldn't believe this was happening, here in the gallery, in broad
daylight.
"It's all right," he said quietly. He caught her hands and put them inside his shirt, pressing
them gently into the thickness of body hair.
"Evan!" she moaned.
His breath caught as he pushed her hands closer. "O
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
A sweet, sexy romance served the DP way.
It’s been a while since I read a DP I enjoyed so much and can swoon about too.

The 19 yrs. old h is the sweetest DP h ever. She’s no downtrodden Mary Sue. I just love the way she chases after the H, who though attracted to her blonde buxom beauty tries to fob her off as he feels she’s too young.
It wasn’t that he minded the dinner so much.... What bothered Evan Tremayne was the way Anna sat and watched him.
“I have to go.”
She stood up. “Not yet,” she plea
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
UPDATE: Relido em 9 de junho de 2016
UPDATE: re-read in October 2014

"I was only teasing." "That kind of teasing can be dangerous. Practice on Randall. He's safer than I am."
Renn
Jul 26, 2011 Renn rated it liked it
Love the cowboys, but enough with them getting the virgins.
Vintage
Ana M. Román
Típica historia de Diana Palmer, que aunque típicas y algo repetitivas entre ellas me gustan igual.

Si tengo que remarcar alguna cosa sería la actitud de la madre de ella. Me parece muy bien que los padres respeten las decisiones de sus hijos, pero la actitud de ella ante la decisión de Anna aún sabiéndola desacertada me pareció inadecuada. Por mucho que un padre respete la decisión de su hijo también es su obligación intentarle hacerle ver que esta cometiendo un error, aunque recordando siempre
Jenny
Oct 09, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the brooding hero, the spirited sassy heroine and the angst! Great romantic book!
~`*Ella Lee*`~
May 09, 2014 ~`*Ella Lee*`~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was recommended to me as a read that involved unrequited love on the hero's part and then the heroine gave up on him, so he actually missed her.
Boy did that hit the nail on the head.
So I loved how freaking Alpha Evan was. Yes, Alpha with a capital A for sure. I also loved how pliable the heroine was for him. Sometimes these things just work. Yes, she was a door mat and yes, he was an a-hole most of the time, but you know what? I loved it!
I think these two were meant for each other, even t
Feb 07, 2017 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna has always been in love with Evan but he has never taken her seriously because of her young age. He keeps pushing her away, even if he feels attracted to her, until he pushes her to far, to the arms of another man, until he realises it might me too late. It's a beautiful story. One that shows that not all scars are apparent, some are skin deep.
Kathleen
Jan 20, 2017 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó mucho, de hecho ya lo había leido pero me encantó volverlo a leer. Pronto reseña en http://kathlr95.wix.com/esquinaliteraria
fleurette
Dec 15, 2014 fleurette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of old-school contemporaries
Fact #1: I have read some other books by Diana Palmer and didn't like them.
Fact #2: I'm not really into category romance. They are not enough developed.
Fact #3: I don't like caveman alphas...
Fact #4: … or hairy male chests.
Fact #5: I don't mind age differences but I don't care about them either.
Fact #6: The naïve, sweeter then honey brainless virginal heroines are making me angry.

And what I really don't like are the books that have all of above piled on less than 300 pages. Unfortunately, I hav
Missy
Aug 10, 2016 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet read.

Once again Diana Palmer creates some magic.

Sweet, innocent, & young Anna has been hopelessly in love with Evan for years. She has tried some outrageous things to get his attention from manning a desk in her mom's office to snakes in her desk but he doesn't bite.

Evan is an older experienced man who considers her just too young and innocent for him. He does find her desirable but a bad experience in love years ago has made him afraid to take a chance on her. His desire for her is
KatieV
Good heavens. That was hysterically cheesy, but I did enjoy it in that guilty way I enjoy a box of Cheez-Its. I just had to exercise this Diana Palmer mania that got started up over at Amazon. I didn't feel right being the only one to suffer since I'd kinda suggested that it would be fun to have a Diana Palmer/Lynne Graham mish-mash. Basically the MOST pitiful downtrodden, orphan heroine EVER and the Greek tycoon turned rancher turned secret federal agent.

This one didn't really have a downtrodd
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caminhos da Sedução
Diana Palmer
Homens do Texas 08
Irmãos Tremayne 03
Harlequin
2014

Sinceramente não consegui ficar muito brava com Evan. Sei que ele foi até cruel com Anna, mas ele é tão traumatizado que compreendo seus medos. Apesar de aparentar ter ódio por Anna, na realidade ele quer protegê-la, a ama tanto que tem medo de machucá-la com sua força e falta de controle.

O que Evan não compreende é a força que Anna tem, não só fisicamente, mas principalmente de caráter e espírito. É tão apaixonada
Luisa
Apr 23, 2011 Luisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diana Palmer is my guilty secret, I love all her books. However, there are some details that make me cringe, like when the guy calls the girl "little one", jeez. In this case, Evan is in love with a 19 y/o woman, while he is 15 years older. She pursues him very aggresively until she realizes he'll do anything to be rid of her. Then when she turns form him, is when he can't resist her. I thought he was too cruel sometimes, but he got his comeuppance, so it was sweet revenge, until the HEA. Very n ...more
Geri
Jul 10, 2014 Geri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since this is a book from the early 1990's I have to give it some slack.

I liked that Anna tried to be strong and gave up Evan after chasing him for two years. She realized that she was making a fool of herself.

Evan was too confusing. He wanted her but he had so many reasons not to have her. She's 19 and he's 34. He had a bad experience with his first love and she was a virgin too. He was so traumatized by that experience.

I hated the fact that he was so cruel to Anna. She gave him up and he just
dian_yachan
aneh,, masa Evan takut berhubungan dengan Anna gara2 tnggi badannya (Evan) 195cm ditambah Anna yg umurnya, , ,muda bgt (baru 19 tahun),,

khas Diana Palmer, awal2 qta baca pasti langsung benci sm heronya..gimana gak, heronya memperlakukan si heroine dengan sangat "menyebalkan",,

alurnya ceritanya hampir sama kaya Lionhearted,, tp setidaknya Leo Hart gak "sekurangajar" Evan Tremayne.

still enjoyable read

Rachel
i loved this book. It was hot and sexy and sweet and kind with lots of romance. Evan was a great hero, just a bit mean in the middle but sweet and caring when he woke up to himself.

Anna was sweet and a realistic 19 year old - not sure herself if it was love or a crush. She wasn't afraid of what she wanted even though she was a virgin.

I love how these books let us know how previous Long Tall Texans are going with their wives and children.
Noemi Escamilla
Main Characters: Evan Tremayne and Ana Cochrin

Note 1: Tremayne Brothers

Note 2: Long, Tall, Texans

Note 3: Jacobsville Resident

Evan spends his time avoiding Ana's flirtations; but when push comes to shove is he ready to send her packing? Especially when he finds out she is ready to marry another?

Own a paperback copy and on pdf.
Rosa
Mar 17, 2015 Rosa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amo estas historias, faciles, adorables y rapidas. llenas de ese amor salvaje que muy pocas personas llegan a tener en sus vidas y que nos dicen sigue buscando, no te rindas y no te conformes con menos de lo que te mereces.
Jodi
Jan 10, 2012 Jodi rated it it was amazing
I liked this one a lot. But do find it hard to believe in any of her books that the ladies would be so easy to get back after the way the men treat them. If I were the women I'd make it a little harder on them
Amanda Sheila
One of my favorite, like seriously. I always love this kind of story where the Hero ended up having a hard time, regretting about how his treatment towards heroine. Argh, Diana Palmer always know which button to push! :)))
Jeanne
A happy ending romance story. Evan Tremayne's hangups were a little over exagerated. Anna Cochran loved him and chased him for many years. She stopped suddenly, and that's what it took to bring Evan to his senses. I've over simplified but I enjoy these quick little romance tales.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jul 20, 2016 Kim Vanravenswaay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evan didn't know what he had until Anna gave up on him. A girl can only take so much, and Anna finally had her limit. Evan doesn't want to want Anna, she's too young for him. Things happen that makes Evan admit his feelings for Anna, it was so sweet.
Gaby
Nov 09, 2012 Gaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorites novels EVER. I've read this at least 3 times this year. Half of it it's kind of my story. The good thing? This end is worth it. My end? Well...
GuisBell
Jun 03, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
Evan es el más terco y cabezotas de sus hermanos y eso que parecía el más agradable pero bueno las apariencias engañan, pobre Anna.
KellyJo
Feb 07, 2013 KellyJo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Not one of my favorites. Really had for me to finish reading. Did not care for the story line at all.
Cindy Rockey-Bocz
This was one of the first novels I ever read and immediately fell in love with Evan and Diana's style of writing. ❤
Elaine
Oct 20, 2014 Elaine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Well this is not one of my favorite books. I didn't like the male character. Too many gang ups for why he couldn't let himself be himself.
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • A Stormy Greek Marriage
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1)
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1; Ladies, #1)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Raul's Revenge
  • An Improper Proposal
  • Fire and Rain (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2, Man of the Month #13)
  • Nightfire (Protectors, #3)
  • Emerald Knight
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife
  • The Wedding in White
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)
  • Mansion for My Love
  • Lost in Love
  • Taken Over (Harlequin Presents)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)