Start by marking “The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 5-8” as Want to Read:
The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 5-8

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 5-8 (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5 - 8)

4.67  ·  Rating Details ·  1,855 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Four books in the #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood series, featuring a band of vampire warriors who are “the hottest collection of studs in romance” (Angela Knight)—filled with supernatural action and sensuality.

Includes Lover Unbound; Lover Enshrined; Lover Avenged; and Lover Mine.
Published May 1st 2011 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 5-8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Dagger Brotherhood Novels 5-8

Mara
Jun 04, 2012 Mara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Still loving the stories of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I wish they'd given JR Ward a good editor, because the books have so much potential, if they had some copy work done. I didn't love book 7 as much as the others, just didn't buy the couple of Rehvenge and Ehlena as much as the others. That instalment dragged on a bit for me. I'm just confused HBO hasn't picked the series up. What a TV show these books would make.
Francis Padua
Jan 21, 2013 Francis Padua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put the book down...cannot wait for the next
Tiffany
Aug 26, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The entire series is great. J R Ward never disappoints!
Sky Hernandez
This is probably one of my top three books in the series, along with Lover at Last and Dark Lover. I abso love John Matthew and Xhex together. They are 2nd to Quinn & Blay as my fav couple.
Mary Ann Kackley
BUY STOCK IN KLEENEX!: The Black Dagger Brotherhood #8, Lover Mine

It’s finally my last review in this set of four series I downloaded—from now on it’s one at a time! J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood: Lover Mine was so emo I found myself mopping my face through a great deal of it! Oh, my John Matthew! Again with the warning—start this series at the beginning so you get the full effect!

Flashbacks abound again this go-round, mostly to Darius’ past when he first became a Brother, but his story e
Robin Sellers
Feb 12, 2017 Robin Sellers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series ever!

I absoutley Couldn't put it down. Love this author and her work. I didn't just read it I devoured it!
Angel Ruess
Feb 24, 2017 Angel Ruess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved catching up with the BDB!
Lauren
Mar 08, 2017 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All great stories

Even when I thought I didn't really care about that particular character, I read all the books anyway. Turns out I did care.....A Lot! The different stories will surprise the heck out of you.
Aiyanna
Jul 25, 2012 Aiyanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was thouroughly pleased when they put these books in groups. Becuase I'm a serious fan girl of the series and love rough and tough vampire men as much as the next vampire crazy, I've read all the books and feel a review for all of them is just a bit obsessive. But onto the good stuff. I love JR Ward's vampire series, and mostly for the fact that she does a good job of stripping the mystique of vampires and puts them into a new world that still intersects with our own reality. Though a lot of h ...more
Joe Young
Feb 29, 2012 Joe Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story about a Skin Worker in Las Vegas who involved herself in the work part time to pay for college while she was getting her degree and continued after graduation and acquiring her private eye's license because the money was so good. Her good friend and former Skin Worker (Rachael) came to town after blowing a fortune she inherited when her husband was killed. Her gambling problem left her in debt to the mob and she was facing the prospect of having to repay her debt on her back. T ...more
Stephanie Wilson
Aug 16, 2013 Stephanie Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Wards stories are incredible! I enjoyed the first four novels immensely. Novels 5 through 8 leaned a little towards long-winded, but enjoyable stories as well.

That being said, I find the fact checking of both her characters and her timelines to be in serious disrepair.
Also, her habit of shortening words to single syllables very annoying to the point where it interrupts the flow. The only time I want to lift my eyes from the page is to 'oh and ah', not to try to figure out what a 3 or 4 letter
J
Dec 25, 2016 J rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Well, I stayed on the Brotherhood train until the end, reminding me of the hours I spent with Ty and Zane in Abigail Roux's series. And, I guess I make an unappreciative or ungrateful reader, since I'm oh-so-ready to list my disappointments: the pacing was uneven, the different story lines didn't cohere, the formula of insta-lust driven solely by biology became one dimensional and repetitive, the homophobic lines for throw-away laughs were unnecessary, and the idea that 'strong' female character ...more
Mindy
Dec 20, 2013 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
03/13/17 (Second time reading Lover Unbound) LOVE. It's the first word that comes to mind when I think of this story. J.R. brings to life a story of love and sacrifice, sorrow and joy, light and dark, life and death that's so emotional you get the feeling of being on a rollercoaster that never stops. Vishous and Jane are an amazing couple and I truly hope I get to hear more of their story. I love how throughout each story you don't just get the main couple but mainly other subplots within each b ...more
Taylor B
Oct 20, 2016 Taylor B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok. So within this bunch of novels, I liked Vishous' story and John Matthew's, although I think everyone who has already read this series or is in the middle of it was or is waiting for his story. Sigh. Love John Matthew. I definitely found myself skimming completely through book 6, which is Phury's story. I don't necessarily think I didn't like him, but it was more wanting to get to John Matthew's story. And in book 7, while I did like Ehlena and Rhevenge, their story was also ok compared to Vi ...more
Rossy
Interesting enough I actually enjoyed Phury's book a lot more this time around, but I disliked revenge's a lot more than I did.
In lover mine I remembered why I stopped reading this series; and so I happily skipped the stupid Blay/Saxton scenes. I can't cope with my favorite characters "cheating" regardless of whatever explanation Ward has or how "real" it is. Since my OCD would never allow me to skip a book or three, and I refuse to throw my tablet at the wall ....
Frosty
Apr 08, 2015 Frosty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is awesome, I read all the book from 1 to 11 and each book had me reading until I reached the end, i had to wait for 12 and have just ordered 13, dark, raunchy and not for the faint hearted. Each character is different and their all their stories are compelling. Must read for the secretly dirty :) and unconventional
Elizabeth Jordan
Sep 27, 2013 Elizabeth Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series of books based on a review on pinterest. I enjoyed the ease at which you could read the series, I liked the character development and how easily you fell into the world of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. It isn't a book series to read if you are looking for something educational or informational, but it is delightful if you are looking for a fantasy romance style of books.
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
omg, I have a new series love!!

I love Sherrilyn Kenyon and her Dark Hunters series. J. R. Wards BDB series is awesome too. It's more cut throat, and very fun to read! Very well worth reading!
natalie
Mar 19, 2016 natalie rated it really liked it
The story that stood out the most and I felt connected to was the last one of john and xhex omg I loved there twists of events and looking forward to finding out what's next for this couple.

Will add more to review with in next few days
Jade
Nov 05, 2016 Jade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.R. Ward is amazing outstanding author.

J.R. Ward's world is awesome and outstanding. The males are real in that they just don't save the females, the females save them. While males are hot in their need for their other half.
Kiwe
Apr 21, 2013 Kiwe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this series - it got better with each book as the characters developed. I loved every line!!! Sad to say goodbye to the Brotherhood!!
Amy
Great Series !
Kim
Apr 29, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Debra Johnson
Sep 28, 2015 Debra Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-r-ward
Words fail me to describe just how fantastic these books are.
Powerful
Enthralling
Addictive
Intriguing
Tyrese Harris
Oct 26, 2013 Tyrese Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept me wanting more.
jackie frye
Aug 16, 2011 jackie frye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a few slow places in each of the books, but they were excellent.
Kelli
Jan 13, 2013 Kelli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Again, atrocious writing, interesting story arc. But I have the flu so it has been mindless reading for low energy days.
Clare Mason
Jul 25, 2013 Clare Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am re visiting these but I know they will be BRILLIANT
Zoe Dellow
Aug 02, 2014 Zoe Dellow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic books. A must read.
Beth
Jan 09, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread. Love this series!! I totally forgot about a lot of things that happened in Phury's book. So glad I started the series again.
  • The Midnight Breed 8-Book Bundle (Midnight Breed, #1-8)
  • The Vampire Collection (Argeneau, #1-6)
  • Lords of the Underworld Collection (Lords of the Underworld #1-6)
  • Guild Hunter Novels 1-4 (Guild Hunter, #1-4)
  • In Covenant with Ezra (Love Unaccounted, #1)
  • A Diamond In My Pocket (The Unaltered #1)
  • Wingless: Misery's Company (Wingless, #1)
  • The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
  • The Early Girl Gets the Blood Wolf (Broken Heart, #7.5)
  • Don't Leave Me This Way: Sinful Desires
  • Notorious (Seaclusion, #2)
  • Steal the Night (Thieves, #5)
  • Redemption (Chronicles of the Fallen, #2)
  • Dead Man Talking (Pepper Martin, #5)
  • The Angel Stone (Fairwick Chronicles, #3)
  • Black Moon Inn  (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7-8)
  • The Way You Say My Name (Reed, #2)
  • 31 Days of Winter (31 Days, #1)
20248
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward...

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)