Start by marking “A Sheep Amidst the Wolves” as Want to Read:
A Sheep Amidst the Wolves

A Sheep Amidst the Wolves

This controversial novel, "A Sheep Amidst the Wolves," is told from the cynical perspective of a nameless savior, who is confessing the events of the week that he came to understand his undesirable role in God's plan. Despite his constant reassurances to the "embryonic disciples" reading his words that he tried his hardest, the audience receives disturbing dreamlike interj ...more
Published March 26th 2011 by Vinny Haddad

To ask other readers questions about A Sheep Amidst the Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sheep Amidst the Wolves

Lea
Sep 01, 2011 Lea rated it liked it
This was a GoodReads FirstReads win.

As an avid reader, I'm thrilled with all the options in producing and publishing books these days -- ebooks, traditional publishing with a large publishing house, boutique publishers, self publishing, internet installments, it's all good. I love that anyone who has a great idea and a lot of passion is able to make their dream happen.

But -- as a FAN -- these methods are not always equal.

Unfortunately, A Sheep amidst the Wolves is a perfect example of this. Vinn
Mary
Jul 04, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2011, signed
Haddad's self-published debut novel recounts the fictional memoir of the second-coming of Christ. By-the-Bible Christians could certainly (and rightly) convict such a book as blasphemous. However, even though I am personally a traditional, conservative Christian, the controversial premise of A Sheep Amidst the Wolves didn't offend me.

The nameless main character and narrator, identified as the saviour, is a jaded, cynical, and judgemental young man who condemns the world instead of embracing huma
Mandy
Sep 19, 2011 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book via the goodreads first reads progam.

A very unique look at the second coming of the saviour, and as others have pointed out, may offend some people. For me, I thought it was an interesting reflection on scenario's that could happen to a modern day Jesus, with desciptions of behaviours and characters that would be easily recognised by most of us( The good samaritan, for instance).
The main character struggles to accept his role, in fact at times imploring to be allowed to be "
William Pike
Mar 30, 2011 William Pike rated it it was amazing
This is a fairly edgy book for what the author is calling Christian fiction. It does not follow the normal protocals for the genre. The plot revolves around a young man learning that he may be the second-coming of Jesus. As you can see, this has the potential to offend some. However, it really challenges the complacency, assumptions, doubts, that many people have when it comes to the Christian faith. While it can be dense at times, and you can tell Vinny Haddad is a first time author, this may b ...more
Dianne
Sep 27, 2011 Dianne rated it it was amazing
I won this book through a Good Reads giveaway and how glad I am that I did! This is definitely not your typical feel good story about a savior. Truth be told, I was greatly disturbed by much of the narrator/savior's actions but I was all in and that, for me, determines how I critique a book. I felt passionate about what I was reading, was often confused by it, and kept questioning along the way... This book left me with more questions than answers and I loved that too! Mr. Haddad is a talented w ...more
Kyrsten
Aug 07, 2011 Kyrsten rated it liked it
I gave this book three stars because the material was tough, particularly for a religious person, however the concepts covered were still interesting and did as one to question things. This was a good book, but like I said it can be somewhat offensive on the occasion.

**I won this book in a First-Reads Giveaway. My review is a reflection of my honest opinion and is not influenced by the fact that I got the book for free.
Virginia
Aug 08, 2011 Virginia rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
An enjoyable journey - although I'm not sure of the destination.

As stated before it's clear this is an early work for the author - and it could use a bit more editing. But the plot line is certainly both unique and enjoyable, and it is a book that would benifit from a group discussion.

I definitely look forward to more work by this author.

*I received a free copy via Goodread Giveaways*
Theresa
Aug 19, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it
received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Xty
Xty marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Alexander Davidson
Alexander Davidson marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
Adriana Villanueva
Adriana Villanueva marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2012
C.J.
C.J. rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Peter Cubba
Peter Cubba marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Anna Green
Anna Green rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Alyssa
Alyssa added it
Oct 10, 2011
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2011
vicki_girl
vicki_girl marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Destiny Kohler
Destiny Kohler rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2011
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2011
Purpleholic
Purpleholic marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2011
Eve
Eve marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Brad Sells
Brad Sells marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »